Comparing Adventure of the Seas vs. Jewel of the Seas

Hello,

I am looking at the Southern Caribbean cruises and there are 2 ships to choose from . Adventure of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas. I am trying to find out what people think of the 2 ships (pros and cons) and how they compare/differ to each other.

Thank you for your help

clarea.

Thank you for providing the threads. I have sailed on Carnival a few times but looking at RI now. Once I figure out which RI ship, I will compare it with Carnival's ship.

clarea.

Thank you for providing the threads. I have sailed on Carnival a few times but looking at RI now. Once I figure out which RI ship, I will compare it with Carnival's ship.

You're welcome.

You will also find recent threads on Carnival ships vs Royal ships. You can do a search with the name of the Carnival ship to find those threads.

Bob,

I searched for Fascination and went back 4-5 pages and didn't see anything.

Probably going to compare the Fascination with the Jewel. Both older ships.

Bob,

I searched for Fascination and went back 4-5 pages and didn't see anything.

Probably going to compare the Fascination with the Jewel. Both older ships.

I agree, the most recent hit I got was from 2013 and was comparing Fascination to Enchantment. So Fascination must have moved to San Juan?

I've done both Adventure and Jewel from San Juan and I personally prefer Adventure, especially if it's the sailing with the 2 sea days.

Adventure is a bigger ship and has a lot more to do during the 2 sea days. Jewel is a beautiful ship as well, but I'd probably only go on it again if it was a sailing with only 1 sea day.

If Jewel still had the outdoor Windjammer area, then I'd recommend that one, but I believe they took it out after her most recent drydock.

I would make my choice based on a couple of things: What is the age group of the cruisers? What is the itinerary.

We have sailed on both ships out of San Juan. Since it's just my husband and I, we don't need all the "extras" that are on Adventure. If you have younger ones or are "young at heart" Adventure has more on board amenities and is a bigger ship. Jewel has more windows out to the sea and is smaller, but really beautiful.

Just my 2-cents since you asked :).

I've never cruised on Carnival so I can't make a real comparison.

Ann

Hello,

I am looking at the Southern Caribbean cruises and there are 2 ships to choose from . Adventure of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas. I am trying to find out what people think of the 2 ships (pros and cons) and how they compare/differ to each other.

Thank you for your help

We did the S. Caribbean on Jewel back in 2013. I don't remember if we even had a choice between the Jewel and Adventure at the time. I know that Jewel was a Saturday to Saturday sailing, which fit better for us, since we would have to fly back to Florida and that would give us Sunday to recover from vacation before returning to work. There were not a lot of flights to choose from, so it was an late afternoon/early evening flight out of San Juan for us on Saturday. We did fit in a day excursion on departure day, which took our luggage straight to the airport and the excursion ended at the airport -- worked out fine.

We had a terrific time on Jewel, even though she is smaller than Adventure with less of the WOW things to do and lacks the Royal Promenade (which we do love).

Hope this helps.

I'm narrowing down between those two as well! We're planning way ahead to April 2018 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We'll have our kids, who will be 7 and 5 at the time. It seems like the obvious choice is the Adventure, but something is calling me to the Jewel (could it be the roughly $400 difference in price that is clouding my judgement?)

Anyway, I'm interested to see what others have to say.

Whoa whoa whoa...I just read in that first thread that there is no more kiddie pool on Adventure! True?!?! No slide, either? That's a deal breaker for me!

Whoa whoa whoa...I just read in that first thread that there is no more kiddie pool on Adventure! True?!?! No slide, either? That's a deal breaker for me!

Not sure if thay are actually gone, but pool and slide are not useable anymore.

However, there is a kiddie pool area and slide on Jewel, the other ship that does Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan.

Edited by clarea

I was on adventure this past month and there is indeed NO h20 zone also known as the kiddie pool area. I would consider adventure if you have kids, more to do although I like both of these ships. Adventure now leaves on Saturday and jewel on Sunday. Jewel is just out of dry dock so she now has big screen tv, electronic where am I boards by the elevators and new furnishings. Lots of things happen including live music in the centrum, therefore rooms close to the centrum can be a little noisy in the evenings. Also there is a lifeboat cover between deck 6 nd 7 although it does not interfere with the outward view from the balcony it does interfere with the downward view. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm narrowing down between those two as well! We're planning way ahead to April 2018 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We'll have our kids, who will be 7 and 5 at the time. It seems like the obvious choice is the Adventure, but something is calling me to the Jewel (could it be the roughly $400 difference in price that is clouding my judgement?)

Anyway, I'm interested to see what others have to say.

I was just on the Jewel March 2016. I have not been on the AOS (booked for 2/2017). however, with said, and having sailed the Oasis class many times I would definitely go for the AOS due to the age of your children!

Not sure if thay are actually gone, but pool and slide are not useable anymore.

However, there is a kiddie pool area and slide on Jewel, the other ship that does Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan.

:confused: The kiddie pool and slide on AOS on deck #12 was certainly being used as of the last two weeks when I was onboard.

I have two cruises booked on the Adventurer for April 2018, a b2b. It will be a first for us out of San Juan and a voyager class. Having been on several Radiance class ships we enjoy I really preferred the itinerary out of San Juan. Only repeat Port on our b2b is St Kitts for April 7 & 14, 2018.

:confused: The kiddie pool and slide on AOS on deck #12 was certainly being used as of the last two weeks when I was onboard.

It was all roped off the last time were were on Adventure.