Problem with QVC Q Card

judy&steve

I know this is totally off topic, but have any of you used their credit card -- known as Q Card? Evidently there has been a bank change for their credit card and my account has been royally messed up. I use online banking to pay most of my bills and the bank sent the payment. I wound up sending a real check as well, because they called and said I hadn't paid my bill. I thought I had, but maybe I made an error. My cable was out that morning and I had to run over to a friend's internet to check my bank transactions, but not before I sent a hard check to QVC.

It has been a nightmare. The people from the current QVC bank have been unbelievably awful to deal with. They will only talk to my bank during a conference call and Steve has to be on the phone (for some reason the account is in his name.) I called QVC and left a message for the general manager and wound up hearing from the president's office. The upshot was, they would take the late fees off my account, but their hands were tied, because of the former bank. I decided to just let it work itself out, thinking the old bank would send the payment to the new bank and then I would get the credit back to my bank. But, today, my bank and QVC (bank or corporation, she wouldn't say which) started the whole thing over again. Now I am just plain angry.

Sorry for venting, but I think Corporate QVC is handling this whole affair badly and will definitely lose my credit card business. I can't believe I am the only person to whom this has happened.

It seems that a lot of you use QVC and like them. We have been customers of theirs for years and years. I have always been happy with their customer service, but this has ended it. I will probably stay away from QVC altogether now, unless they make it right.

Thanks for listening!

Judy

From what you said you are not sure if your bank is responisble or QVC's.

I still mail checks in myself-I know in today's world that is not too safe-and I have considered changing that-but after reading a horror story like yours-I feel maybe I am smart to mail in the checks. I never mail checks from my home-I always take them to the post office to mail-I guess I will just keep that practice.

The online bill paying is the most efficient setup I have ever had. It is easy, fast, and convenient. I will not stop using because, it is definitely not my bank's problem. I have been paying bills on-line with them for years. Never had a problem. It's QVC and whatever bank issues their credit card. In fact, QVC and my bank had a "relationship" where the funds are electronically transferred rather than the bank cutting a real check.

QVC claimed that they changed banks, credit card account numbers changed, and mailing addresses changed. I have old statements and new ones and there is no mention of any changes whatsoever. But, I was never informed and, even if I was, it should have been a smooth and seamless transition. Not this horror show where I am getting absolutely the most awful customer service I have ever had.

I hate to badmouth QVC, but they had an opportunity to make this problem right when I was talking to the president of QVC's secretary last week. Instead, I was told I had to deal with their last bank and it was still not their problem.

By the way, the same bank that has QVC's card currently, is also HSN's card's bank.

Judy

The online bill paying is the most efficient setup I have ever had. It is easy, fast, and convenient. I will not stop using because, it is definitely not my bank's problem. I have been paying bills on-line with them for years. Never had a problem. It's QVC and whatever bank issues their credit card. In fact, QVC and my bank had a "relationship" where the funds are electronically transferred rather than the bank cutting a real check.

QVC claimed that they changed banks, credit card account numbers changed, and mailing addresses changed. I have old statements and new ones and there is no mention of any changes whatsoever. But, I was never informed and, even if I was, it should have been a smooth and seamless transition. Not this horror show where I am getting absolutely the most awful customer service I have ever had.

I hate to badmouth QVC, but they had an opportunity to make this problem right when I was talking to the president of QVC's secretary last week. Instead, I was told I had to deal with their last bank and it was still not their problem.

By the way, the same bank that has QVC's card currently, is also HSN's card's bank.

Judy

Well I have both of their credit cards and use both-I really do not have anything helpful to say I guess-just that I am sorry it happened. I guess if it happened to me I would cancel that card and use my American Express for purchases or if I was mad enough (which would be more like me)-stop buying from that company completely.

In today's world there are just too many companies who have good customer service and good products at good prices for me to bother with one that does not value my business. No one would blame you if stopped buying from them I guess.

I had a q-card for years. then I didn't use it for about 2 years in a row. (no balance was on it) well, they closed it b/c I wasn't using it. I tried to order something online and couldn't. I called and they said it was closed b/c I had not used it when they did the bank change. Whatever. They offered to re-open it. I said NO Thank you.

I had a q-card for years. then I didn't use it for about 2 years in a row. (no balance was on it) well, they closed it b/c I wasn't using it. I tried to order something online and couldn't. I called and they said it was closed b/c I had not used it when they did the bank change. Whatever. They offered to re-open it. I said NO Thank you.

A lot of credit cards will do that if you have not used it for over a year. Pretty common and then others just won't give up. We now use our American Express exclusively-we like it best because of the rewards on it-we almost have enough sky miles for 2 round trip tickets to Europe.

But Discover and an old Visa we had just won't give up-they keep sending us cards and those stupid checks. We keep destroying them-I guess I should just contact them and let them know we no longer want them. we have not used either card in almost 3 years.

Archived