"Sold Out" shows - make me feel better

Cruising May 28 on Oasis and I JUST got around to reserving shows for my group of 8. I NEVER wait this long, but when I went into the hateful RCI website (lol) to book, I found that my shows are all booked, so I had to make some quick adjustments and do the best I could. It meant that my kids will be up WAAAAAAY too late and there will be some shuffling one night. Additionally, by the time I went back in to the reservation for one of our other rooms (could not get the website to behave and let me add guests from another reservation, but that is another story), the ice show was booked. Thus, 3 of us got that show but not the other 5.

Lesson learned... don't wait until 11 days before sailing to book shows. Frankly, I do not much care if I miss some shows, but some of my group is going to be cranky. So here is my question.... how hard is it to get into a show (specifically, the ice show, but all, really) from the "wait line"?

I am so irritated with myself for making this mistake. Ugh. Someone make me feel better about maybe getting into the shows at the times that will work better for my kiddos. lol. Any tips?

Jen

Try to change reservations once you are onboard. They hold back a certain percentage of slots for onboard booking. Check for crewmembers helping with reservations on the Royal Promenade. If you can't see anyone there, check with Guest Services.

Board as early as you can and go directly to the place where they assist with show reservations (on our Allure cruise, it was located by Studio B). There are always some timeslots held back for onboard booking, so you should be able to change your reservations to more desirable times. If that doesn't work, just get to the venue 20=30 minutes before showtime, and wait on the standby line - you should have no problem getting in. The Comedy club show is the only exception - it is a small venue and reservations are definitely needed because very few people get admitted via standby line.

On my first Oasis sailing I didn't know you had to reserve shows in advance and when I found out here on CC all shows were booked. I believe it was suggested to me to call Crown and Anchor desk and the very nice lady did it for me and it was for 4 cabins. Worth a try!

There are always spot open so don't fret, after all the time I spent with the nice lady booking the shows by the time I got on the ship the schedules were all changed anyway and we couldn't follow the new schedule but went at other times and had no problem getting into any with the exception of the comedy shows, they are quite popular and we did not see any.

We were just on the 5/7 sailing of Oasis and had booked all of our shows in advance. The cruise line changed 4 of them a month after I booked them, giving us one night with no show and another night with 2 shows. We decided to just leave them as they were and see how it went once we boarded.

When you board, there is a box office on deck 4 where you can go and make reservations. They hold a percentage of bookings back so go early and you should be able to get reservations.

We went standby day 1 for Come fly with me and got in, no issues. Day 2, we went standby for Frozen in Time, got in, no issues. Day 5 we went standby for Oasis of Dreams, got in, not great seats but the show was packed because previous shows had been cancelled due to rain.

We used our reservations for CATS and the Comedy Show. Get to CATS very early, even with a reservation. There is a brand new cast for CATS that premiered on our sailing and they are amazing! Our Headliner was a ventriloquist, we walked out of the show, didn't like him.

I would try to get reservations because of the size of your group but if you can't, you should be able to get into the ice show.

We were just on the 5/7 sailing of Oasis and had booked all of our shows in advance. The cruise line changed 4 of them a month after I booked them, giving us one night with no show and another night with 2 shows. We decided to just leave them as they were and see how it went once we boarded.

When you board, there is a box office on deck 4 where you can go and make reservations. They hold a percentage of bookings back so go early and you should be able to get reservations.

We went standby day 1 for Come fly with me and got in, no issues. Day 2, we went standby for Frozen in Time, got in, no issues. Day 5 we went standby for Oasis of Dreams, got in, not great seats but the show was packed because previous shows had been cancelled due to rain.

We used our reservations for CATS and the Comedy Show. Get to CATS very early, even with a reservation. There is a brand new cast for CATS that premiered on our sailing and they are amazing! Our Headliner was a ventriloquist, we walked out of the show, didn't like him.

I would try to get reservations because of the size of your group but if you can't, you should be able to get into the ice show.

Did RC notify you of the change before you left for the port or did you find out after getting on board? I have made all our reservations for our September sailing & I was curious as to when you find out about the change.

First time I've ever heard anyone say CATS was good. We nearly fell asleep in our chairs but weren't rude and walked out mid-show as hundreds of other we're doing. We waited until intermission and then didn't return.

I had to make a change for a show reservation once we boarded and they had people on the promenade on boarding day to help. I believe it was at on-air. No questions asked moved our comedy reservation. Easy

Did RC notify you of the change before you left for the port or did you find out after getting on board? I have made all our reservations for our September sailing & I was curious as to when you find out about the change.

We found out of a change once we boarded in April.

Which sept sailing?? We will be onboard the 3rd!

Yes, we received a separate email for each show they changed. Keep an eye on your spam folder because that is where most of the people on my rollcall found the change emails. Our shows were all changed because of CATS. Since there was a new cast, they moved the shows until the end of the week to give the cast time to practice and get used to the theatre. They had been practicing in Miami for months.

First time I've ever heard anyone say CATS was good. We nearly fell asleep in our chairs but weren't rude and walked out mid-show as hundreds of other we're doing. We waited until intermission and then didn't return.

I had to make a change for a show reservation once we boarded and they had people on the promenade on boarding day to help. I believe it was at on-air. No questions asked moved our comedy reservation. Easy

I have seen many comments from people who liked CATS. I have seen more from those who didn't but there are those who enjoy the show. Yes, it is long but so are most Broadway shows.

I was on Oasis Easter week. Had reservations for some shows. Others we just walked in. Aside from the comedy club, there were extra seats available at every show once they started.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sure hope DH will sit through Cats. I was kind of thinking about going at intermission since the second half is more interesting. But as soon as we sat in empty seats, the original owners would be sure to show up. He sits through Broadway shows to be nice, but doesn't enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sure hope DH will sit through Cats. I was kind of thinking about going at intermission since the second half is more interesting....

Supposedly, there are a great many empty seats after intermission.