Platinum - Diamond Party

Ohio Bucki

You can bring back the bottled drinks for later (they have hard cider in bottles too).

I saw a couple who did this without realizing that the tops had been loosened and several bottles of beer had spilled into the ladies purse.

You can bring back the bottled drinks for later (they have hard cider in bottles too).

I saw a couple who did this without realizing that the tops had been loosened and several bottles of beer had spilled into the ladies purse.

The party is just before dinner and several times we took a glass of wine back to have with dinner.

Funny thing is after a number of mixed drinks neither one of us felt like drinking much wine:):)

We were on the Sunshine's 4/29 Journey Cruise. There were so many D's and P's that they held two parties -- much smaller crowd. Plentiful drinks. Didn't want any apps. Most cruise days was a gentleman with 590 days. Add the 9 day brought him to 599. Gave him a prize.

The party is just before dinner and several times we took a glass of wine back to have with dinner.

Funny thing is after a number of mixed drinks neither one of us felt like drinking much wine:):)

I just had 2 Chocolate Mocha Get-a-ways in that time period, but I still enjoyed having the glass of wine at dinner. The gal that I had tipped who brought me the 2 CHG, looked over in my direction again, but I said no. Just bring me a white wine "to go".

The 2 CHG were relatively strong & I was feeling it. Thought a 3rd one might give me trouble. I do not drink much at home.

So what has been your experiences with them only allowing the Platinum/Diamond member in? Do they ask for invitations? Do they allow a guest now? I know there had been quite a difference in consistency in policy and enforcement on who could attend from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise.

Edited by firemanbobswife

So what has been your experiences with them only allowing the Platinum /Diamond member in? Do they ask for invitations? Do they allow a guest now? I know there had been quite a difference in consistency in policy and enforcement on who could attend from ship to ship and even cruise to cruise.

They ask for the invitation as you walk in. A cruising friend says a CD invited him to party even though he was a cruise or two short of being platinum.

Just back from the Dream. The party was the last day at 5pm in the Punchliner Club. The room was full. Arrive on time if you want more than one drink, they were hard to find after the first 20 minutes. Interesting note - all of the tables had tablecloths.

We have been home from our Pride cruise for six days so it's still very fresh in my mind.

The D & P party was held in the same lounge as the Punchliner on the last SEA DAY AT 5:00 pm. Though there were 80 P and 5 D, there were fewer than 50 people there. The CD spoke, the captain spoke, there were three contests. Food was plentiful. Drinks were free-flowing. (Note: though servers have trays of drinks, we ordered whatever we wanted. This time we had Twilight Zones. We gave the server a couple of dollars as a gratuity and he kept bringing us drinks.)

We had the same experience on our last Pride cruise. We like the new format.

I think the venue depends on how many Platinum and Diamond guests are on that particular cruise. On the Breeze in February, it was held in the main theater. I don't remember the exact number, but it was very crowded, and the cruise director commented that it was the most platinum and diamond guests on a single cruise ever on the Breeze. It was also held mid week around 5 p.m. as opposed to the last sea day, which I liked much better. I'm not sure if they do it the same day or if they change it up depending on what other functions might be scheduled. I didn't hang around long since no one else in my group of 10 (including DH) was platinum.

Edited by CruzCrazy

I will agree it is how many people are on the trip

I was the only Diamond on one 4 day and i had the pleasure of meeting the captain for 1 hour and watching him and his crew dock the ship in Couzmel on the bridge. One of the best meetings so far

The parties are better more fun less people because of the changes but you get a chance to meet more of your fellow guests.

I could care less about having my name called to be on stage. I do miss the Diamond picture I had a good collection going. Some ships still do this but a lot don't

As for getting drinks they love to load you up, and a tip goes a long way.

1000 days at see was it Stormin Norman ...

We had a great time on the Breeze in November. The party was the last day at around 5pm. We got there on time and it was packed. Go early. We had all of the drinks and snacks that we wanted. We were entertained by the crew and CD. Really the best one of these parties we have ever seen. However, it was hard packing with all of that celebrating and the unpacking was even worse because there was no organization. :D Loved it. Have fun.

I think you will enjoy it much more!

I'm still a little Salty myself sturderick but like you, I have a 7 day booked for labor day week. Then a little 3 day over superbowl weekend and I'll be platinum.. I may not get to go to the P & D party since the sole reason for this cruise is to watch the superbowl on the big screen while at sea... Now if only the Giants make it!!! :rolleyes:

They ask for the invitation as you walk in. A cruising friend says a CD invited him to party even though he was a cruise or two short of being platinum.

Interesting. We've always brought our invitations and shown them as we enter, but they've never been taken. :confused:

I had a very bad experience at a party on a Journeys cruise on the Triumph. We just had bad luck with our seating. There were a few older "entitled" folks that would take the entire tray of drinks as well as order glasses of wine and when the server would return, they would stop him and do the same. So the folks in the rows behind them never got a drink. This is a party for ALL the P&D not just you! Don't be so greedy!

I had a very bad experience at a party on a Journeys cruise on the Triumph. We just had bad luck with our seating. There were a few older "entitled" folks that would take the entire tray of drinks as well as order glasses of wine and when the server would return, they would stop him and do the same. So the folks in the rows behind them never got a drink. This is a party for ALL the P&D not just you! Don't be so greedy!

wow