Platinum - Diamond Party

Ohio Bucki

1000 days wow.

Was he the guy who always wears a hat with each of his stick pins on it? Some years ago met someone who at the time had over 100 pins and never understood how he kept his head up all day.

Yes! This was certainly him.

Thing is.... he cruises 30 times a year, and is therefore then always recognized, I would imagine.

Pretty cool, but it would be nice to honor someone else for a change.

We've been to 4 of the "new parties" since the change (aren't we special) and the differences are evident. Our experience was the same on the three ships we sailed. The party has a huge tub of beer when you walk in and drink orders are taken once you step inside or sit down. We are light drinkers and they were as strong as those on the Mardi Gras in the 70's!

The party is much shorter, the video isn't as detailed and no mention of new ships, future plans were given. The staff was introduced and that was about it. The entire event lasted about 30-40 min.

I'll give our invitations away next time.

Edited by BallFour4

Yes! This was certainly him.

Thing is.... he cruises 30 times a year, and is therefore then always recognized, I would imagine.

Pretty cool, but it would be nice to honor someone else for a change.

He seems to always cruise alone and your right not fair to give him prize every time he sets foot on a ship

He seems to always cruise alone and your right not fair to give him prize every time he sets foot on a ship

No different than with HAL or Princess. We've never met him, he must sail exclusively Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...

I only have the fruit punch, and sometimes it takes the servers a while to get back to me as it isn't a popular choice. The appys are indeed better.

On my last Carnival cruise, I was invited to my first Diamond Recognition Party. It was held in the piano bar room, with maybe 10 other Diamonds and their partners. Top line officers and the Captain came and chatted with us, very nice!

Interesting. We've always brought our invitations and shown them as we enter, but they've never been taken. :confused:

There was a time when a drawing or 2 was done during the party from the collected invites and someone would win a bottle of champagne or a spa credit.

Edited by evandbob

That was Dennis. We were on the previous eight night. He was doing a few b2bs on Sunshine. The parties are nicer, being smaller. Miss the old video; ships scroll way too fast!

I met Dennis on the Pride:)

Just off the Magic . Party was on the last sea day from 5 till 5:45. First time as platinum and must say it was nice to be able to get a couple drinks. You could have the drinks they carried around or order one. Maybe 100 people in attendance.

We had three games---Name the Epaulette, Name the Ship, and guess the number of candies in the bag.

Usually one award was given out for various special things. One cruise it was the oldest/most traveled guest. Another was the youngest Platinum, a third was the person who booked at the last minute (Journeys Cruise).

Don't know if this is done on all ships or the CD's schtick. We've only done these parties on the Miracle with Chloe Loddo.

Had the same three games several times now so guess it must be standard.

On ours the youngest platinum looked to be about 6. The most travelled was just under 300 days with CCL.

As with anything on Carnival, there may be subtle differences from ship to ship and CD to CD. In April on the Fascination, they also had a guess the crew member game - had baby pics and current pics of all of the crew. I got the most right and was asked which crew member I wanted a picture taken with. I said "All of them!" I got the Award plaque then later that evening a nice 6x8 print of me and the staff including the captain. Also had an opportunity to chat briefly with several of them. All in all a nice experience. Looking forward to see what's done on the Elation in December!

Had all 4 of the games named at our Platinum/Diamond party on the Sunshine. I totally missed 2 of them because I just didn't see them.

Nice surprise and change from previous parties on other Carnival ships. Last year I attended a Platinum/Diamond party and they did not have these games,

MARAPRINCE