anyone have a picture of what a pullman bed looks like?

larasmom

going on the majesty of the seas 12/16/05-12/19/05 and was wondering if anyone has pictures they could share with me of what our triple room will look like with a pullman bed?

we are going to be 10. we have 2 triples and 1 quad and

i have heard that there are weight limits for a pullman bed. some of us are not that svelt and we need to figure out who should be in what room to make sure we all have a spot to sleep.

thanks lisa

mom to lara (9 year old dd - our ivf miracle)

and aaron carlos (5 year old ds - our guatemalan cutie)

I don't have available pictures but I have slept in them as have other members of our family. My husband 220 lbs. slept in them with no problem. They are simply an identical to a single that is on the floor except it either pulls down from the ceiling or folds down from the wall. Comes with a very small ladder ( the ladder is the scary part )which can be a pain in the middle of the night. When you have a quad room the has two pullmans then you basically will have two sets of bunk beds if you have the two lower single beds kept separate. This will give you a little more floor space for moving around. Suggestion: if you have an interior quad you may want to get a couple of those stick on glow in the dark stars or glow in the dark tape to put on the steps and side rails of the ladder and bunks to help out in the middle of the night. Saves tripping and head banging. Also, the upper pullmans SOMETIMES have a small side rail to keep you from falling out and sometimes it doesn't. I would keep very small children closer to the floor.

a balcony on the aft. We had a triple cabin on the Voyager-

here is a photo of that.. notice the bed behind my birthday sign. the upper bed sits above the two beds on the floor.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/cruise/ship16.jpg

PS-- the bed gets put away during hte day--but if you are traveling with a little person you may want to keep it down incase of naps.

it comes from the ceiling--you wont even know its there during hte day.

THe steward will clean the room while you are at breakfast and again at night while you are at dinner. Do not ask how they know you are gone-- they just know..lol

Yes it was on the mariner just got back it was spacious enough there was four in our room three adults one child (turned 14 on the 21st) we was on deck 3 in the aft of the ship very last cabin it was quiet didnt hear much at all

We are booked on April 7 and this is the cabin we have been given. I have seen the Cabin lay out on the Oceana Cruise lines and I was told it is a sister ship. The Princess people really do not know what this cabin looks like they are just reading from the brochure. Beside it being a small space for 3 adults. Do you think, with the Balcony we can manage a 10 day cruise. The mini suites are now all sold out. We were hoping for an upgrade at a reasonable price and not 400.00 a person.

I have ventured on 8 cruises and never stayed at the back of the ship. Some cruising buddies have told me that we should manage o.k.

Any thoughts for the crew? What say you all?

Julie

Archived