Number of Elites on Board

antsp

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out how many elites are on board before you sail, I know you can find out how many kids are sailing

I don't know the answer to this, but I'm curious why you would want to know.

Just trying to pack, if there is a high number of elites laundry takes longer

Oh, I see. :) I think the laundry is a problem only when there is an unusually high number of Elites on board. In any case, I'm interested if anyone knows the answer to your question.

Just trying to pack, if there is a high number of elites laundry takes longer

On our transatlantic last month we had a notice with the laundry bag that said it could take up to 72 hours because of the high number of elites.

You'll find a lot more Elites on the 3-4 day cruises, unusual itineraries, and longer cruises such as trans-Atlantic, Hawaiian, etc. Even with a very high number of Elite onboard, I've experienced laundry delays only on the Royal Princess. I was on the Star, for instance, with even more Elite and had no laundry delays.

Edited by Pam in CA

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out how many elites are on board before you sail, I know you can find out how many kids are sailing[/quote

Don't know the answer, but if you inform the ship, itinerary and length of the cruise you can probably get a fairly close estimate from experienced cruisers on these boards. For example this past winter on the 10 day Royal Princess Caribbean itinerary there were approximately 500 Elites, on the 7 day itineraries, same ship the number dropped to around 300. At the other end on the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific there were probably 1,200 or more Elites.

Also, a T.A. may be able to get the information, if Princess has it readily available and is willing to give it out.

Caribbean Princess transatlantic in April, got notice that it would take 72 hrs. (900 elites on board). Well, after 6 days, got it back. And that is after I went to Pursers desk to complain (nicely). It was late(10:00pm) and the girl at desk went and retrieved it and brought to our cabin . Got our bagged items, my pants took another 24 hrs.

Pursers said they know in advance the amount of elites they are expecting and put extra staff in laundry. The laundry is going 24 hours a day.

Logistically it would be impossible to know the number of Elites more than a few days prior to a cruise. The final bookings are usually within the last few days before sailing. Also, what purpose would it serve Princess to expose the number?

Longest I've ever heard on Laundry is three days, surely you'd take at least that many days anyway.
Eight days, Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 10/13. It was almost as bad (4-5 days) on my Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 9/14. There have been a lot of posts about how awful the first Royal Princess cruise was with Elite passengers sending out 5-7 bags of laundry a day in a variety of sizes. :(

Yes, paying passengers get priority.

Edited by Pam in CA

I was just curious, not really going to pack on he answer though. I wonder if is a sneaky Taptic to put you off using it so much.
As a tactic, Princess likes to set expectations to help passengers plan accordingly. It also helps defer some complaints about "delayed laundry".

On our last Transatlantic, we got the 72 hour turnaround notice at the start of the cruise, and I recall having to wait that long once, with the other times having the laundry returned sooner.

Eight days, Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 10/13. It was almost as bad (4-5 days) on my Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 9/14. There have been a lot of posts about how awful the first Royal Princess cruise was with Elite passengers sending out 5-7 bags of laundry a day in a variety of sizes. :(

Yes, paying passengers get priority.

With this type of abuse I'm surprised Princess hasn't limited laundry to 3 bags/week/Elite, especially on these top heavy cruises. For a couple that's 6 bags per week. Seriously, the bags are big enough for several days worth of clothes.

Another option would be some sort of scheme to use the laundry rooms for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have found that the new norm for laundry is three days. There are so

many elites now. On our T/A this month we had over 1000 elites. Landry is

is a wonderful pert. so we never complain. The room attendant can make the

difference with the laundry getting it back.

Is it possible those paying to get their laundry done would have preference over freebies?

Just wondering...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, there is a breakout of Elite passenger cloths from the revenue generating customers clothes. Just took an Ultimate Ships Tour on the Caribbean Princess in April on a 21 day TA and saw the Elite pile separated from the paying pile in the laundry room. There were approximately 880 Elites on that voyage and many complaints of slow laundry as the trip progressed. I sent laundry down (not Elite, I paid a different way!!) and my clothes were back the next day. The answer may differ on a different ship but I saw this with my own eyes......

On a 10 day Royal Repo cruise (2013)....lots of Elites. They were pushing the 3 day laundry. Sent items out on Monday and Tuesday. Received the Tuesday laundry on Thursday, no Monday laundry :eek: Asked what happened to Mondays??? Steward let it slip that he brought the 'Wrong' laundry . Received Mondys items the next morning (Friday) On my latest Regal cruises (3 sailings) items sent out Monday morning, returned with Wednesdays turndown service. Grand class ships, The next days turndown service (even with more Elites onboard than Royal/Regal)

Laundry is a current unlimited perk for Elites. I now send a bag every 2nd morning. The Next morning if I had a spill and needed to use extra clothing.

I think the so called number of Elites onboard is a crock. Just a way to change the perk without acknowledging its changing.

Id really like to have more options regarding the Mini Bar. If you don't drink Alcohol or coffee, you miss out. I mean 2 coffee cards have a minimum value of aout $67. 17 cans of soda or water doesn't measure up. A cruise long unlimited soda and more card or 2

Specialty dinners would be a nice, equal value substitute.

Just IMHO........

Edited by blkspy