Number of Elites on Board

antsp

We saw a person put his laundry bag out in hall every day(why didn't he leave it on the cabin, who knows. And it was full. Looks like a bit of abuse.

On our recent transatlantic we came home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes(we are Elite as previously posted).After a while, didn't dare send any out. For those that questioned and said they got theirs back next night, yes that happens on shorter cruises but not the popular ones with huge amount of Elites.

We saw a person put his laundry bag out in hall every day(why didn't he leave it on the cabin, who knows. And it was full.
On sea days and I'm not dressed yet or ready to leave my cabin in the morning, I'll put my laundry bag out in the hall to get it picked up before 9am. :)

Last year's World Cruise with almost 50% Elites, we left the bags in the cabin for the steward in the morning and most times they were back the next evening or following day. I believe the longest wait was 3 days.

The cabin steward can significantly impact the return times, depending on how quickly he takes the bags down to the laundry, as other Elites reported longer wait times on the same cruise.

I agree and a good tip helps you get your laundry back sooner it works for me :D

Tony

I usually tip mid week, end of cruise and at times when steward does an extra service (shoes). If I gave $5 with the laundry bag, would I have a chance at same day service :) :D;)

Edited by blkspy

I usually tip mid week, end of cruise and at times when steward does an extra service (shoes). If I gave $5 with the laundry bag, would I have a chance at same day service :) :D;)

So it's not free laundry, you have to bribe the staff to get your benefit

I might as well just pay for laundry or do it myself. :D:rolleyes:

Im confused:confused: if I over tip....I may get it back sooner :) Then its like paying for it. If I just let the Steward know upfront. No matter how nice or great he is, im NOT tipping :eek: Will I still get my Free laundry in a timely manner? ??

I think ill take my chances with the First option, the second might get my things lost at sea :D

Im confused:confused: if I over tip....I may get it back sooner :) Then its like paying for it. If I just let the Steward know upfront. No matter how nice or great he is, im NOT tipping :eek: Will I still get my Free laundry in a timely manner? ??

I think ill take my chances with the First option, the second might get my things lost at sea :D

If a $5 tip works for you, great. There's nothing I send in that can't wait a few days.

If a $5 tip works for you, great. There's nothing I send in that can't wait a few days.

I guess im happy you've left room for the rest of us. Thanks:)

The leaving of $5 was a piece of obvious humor......guess not :D

Are you a Princess Elite member, just curious?

Oh, I see. :) I think the laundry is a problem only when there is an unusually high number of Elites on board. In any case, I'm interested if anyone knows the answer to your question.

We had over 900 Elites on our recent cruise and some complained that the laundry was taking 5+ days to be returned.

Also, we were told that it is not uncommon for Elites to come on board with dirty laundry and send it out the first day on board. That borders on abusive in my opinion, but others may not agree.

Edited by suzyed

Also, we were told that it is not uncommon for Elites to come on board with dirty laundry and send it out the first day on board. That borders on abusive in my opinion, but others may not agree.

You're right. Others do not agree, yours truly for one. Get over it. If you've done a couple of days of travel to get to the ship, you're going to board with dirty laundry.

Edited by beg3yrs

You're right. Others do not agree, yours truly for one. Get over it. If you've done a couple of days of travel to get to the ship, you're going to board with dirty laundry.

Get over it? I actually couldn't care less...I was just telling what the crew told me....they think it's abusive too. They were not talking about a few items, they said large bags of laundry. Which might be one of the reasons the laundry was taking so long to be returned on our recent cruise?

None of this affects me since I do my own laundry. ;)

Edited by suzyed

If I leave my towels on the floor to be replaced twice a day is this abuse to, they still need to be laundered. Elite laundry Must be a tiny proportion of the total washing done on board each day.

Get over it? I actually couldn't care less...I was just telling what the crew told me....they think it's abusive too. They were not talking about a few items, they said large bags of laundry.

None of this affects me since I do my own laundry. ;)

Not trying to start anything, just a question ok :) Why and under what circumstances would you have a conversation about laundry with crew members ? And what amounts to an employee bad mouthing top tier paying customers. Just curious to know....Thanks.

Not trying to start anything, just a question ok :) Why and under what circumstances would you have a conversation about laundry with crew members ? And what amounts to an employee bad mouthing top tier paying customers. Just curious to know....Thanks.

When you befriend crew members they tell stories and share frustrations about unkind and inconsiderate passengers.

When you befriend crew members they tell stories and share frustrations about unkind and inconsiderate passengers.

Thanks for answering my question. I've 'befriended' crew members. Have found out things like where they live, family, kids, how long have they worked the cruise line and when they expect to go home. Im polite, appreciate the job they do. Tip VERY well. But ive never gotten into a long conversation about there frustrations about laundry.

Im kind and never inconsiderate. I dont talk to people too much about their jobs beyond the basics. Heck, since I no longer have a job, I don't think about any kind of work :)

Ill wish everyone smooth seas and happy cruising

Some people take longer cruises, that gives them more time to become friendly with staff.

Thanks for answering my question. I've 'befriended' crew members. Have found out things like where they live, family, kids, how long have they worked the cruise line and when they expect to go home. Im polite, appreciate the job they do. Tip VERY well. But ive never gotten into a long conversation about there frustrations about laundry.

Im kind and never inconsiderate. I dont talk to people too much about their jobs beyond the basics. Heck, since I no longer have a job, I don't think about any kind of work :)

Ill wish everyone smooth seas and happy cruising

Same here.....we take usually 20+ day cruises 3 or 4 times a year and have made many friends with staff.....never heard about laundry abuse in a conversation before....I have a feeling the ones who are complaining about the abusers may not be looking in the mirror.....usually how life works....

It was at a M&G and people were complaining about how long the laundry was taking to be returned and that was given as one of the reasons. They weren't trying to bad mouth, it was just part of the answer to the question.

I wasn't trying to start anything either, just passing on info I was given.

Eight days, Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 10/13. It was almost as bad (4-5 days) on my Royal Princess trans-Atlantic 9/14. There have been a lot of posts about how awful the first Royal Princess cruise was with Elite passengers sending out 5-7 bags of laundry a day in a variety of sizes. :(

Yes, paying passengers get priority.

We were on this cruise as well. Took 10 days for DW to get a sweater back. We also heard stories of elites sending out bucketloads of laundry.....:(:(:(

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We are taking an extended cruise and land package to New Zealand and Australia. Our luggage allowance is only 50 lbs each and a 15 lb carry-on. When we board the Diamond Princess, we will have about 2 weeks worth of dirty laundry. Upon embarkation, I will be sending multiple bags to the ship's laundry.

We are taking an extended cruise and land package to New Zealand and Australia. Our luggage allowance is only 50 lbs each and a 15 lb carry-on. When we board the Diamond Princess, we will have about 2 weeks worth of dirty laundry. Upon embarkation, I will be sending multiple bags to the ship's laundry.

I hear ya! Hope you have a shorter turn around time than what was experienced on our sailing.

Sounds like a great trip! ;)

I hear ya! Hope you have a shorter turn around time than what was experienced on our sailing.

Sounds like a great trip! ;)

I hope so too!:D Otherwise I will put on my big girl pants (if I have any clean ones left) and go down to the self-service laundry.;)