Bahama hurricane forecast

I was wondering, with the new forecast of a possible hurricane hitting the Bahamas in the next 5 days, how that may affect my Western Caribbean cruise on the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale leaving Sunday 5/29?

I was wondering, with the new forecast of a possible hurricane hitting the Bahamas in the next 5 days, how that may affect my Western Caribbean cruise on the Allure out of Fort Lauderdale leaving Sunday 5/29?

There really is no way of knowing until the day draws closer. RCI will avoid any dangerous weather and so your cruise may be impacted. In my books, losing Nassau (I assume that's one of your stops) is not a big deal. They may substitute another stop.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - just keep an eye on the forecasts. Right now, it's just a low pressure system that is predicted to maybe turn into a tropical depression. It's a long was from hurricane status. But if that forecast changes, there is, of course, the possibility that your itinerary could be modified to avoid the storm.

Thank you. I will keep an eye on the itinerary changes pages, the forecast, and be positive and flexible. I'm hoping my flight down the east coast from New England will be ok on Saturday as well :)

Its weather and can change by the minute but I really doubt you will be affected at all. You are sailing out of FLL and arent going anywhere near the Bahamas :) You will be well south of where the storm is brewing.

The current estimate of affected areas is Georgia and north. It would have to change directions a lot to go SW toward FLL and the Bahamas. Now if you were sailing out of New Jersey, I would be concerned.

It is far enough out it shouldn't impact your flight, either.

You will likely get a bumpy ride the first night of the cruise but this has nothing to do with a storm - ship will be in the Gulf Stream.

Edited by LeeW
more

The price you pay when booking a cruise during the summer months and hurricane season. You are never guaranteed a port of call, so you might not get to stop in the Bahamas if the weather is a problem...but the cruise line is very capable of avoiding storms at sea...so there is always a possibility of having a cruise to nowhere and all sea days.

The "experts" make predictions EVERY year....they are seldom correct on the number of storms, or where they might hit, if anywhere!

Assuming there are no storms in your area during your sailing, your weather will not be affected in the slightest!

No hurricane as per the weather channel.