Kids Under 11 Sail Free on Holiday Cruises

Joanandjoe

The title of the tread is a headline from today's CC "bargains" section. Apparently kids under 11 sail "for free" (other than taxes of about $30 per day) on four sailings: 12/19 and 28 on the Navigator, and 12/17 and 27 on the Mariner. These are 9 to 14 day cruises.

For those of you who want to sail with your kids, here's an opportunity. For those of you who want to avoid kids, this is a warning. LOL. Last year there were complaints about having too many kids, so this is meant as a heads up.

We're empty nesters who are happy to sail without kids, so we avoid holiday and short summer cruises.

At the risk of sounding like a cranky, crabby person, this sure is

not great news for me and my parents. Part of the attraction

of sailing RSSC is the limited amount of kids we have found on our

past cruises. We have had the Mariner Dec 17th cruise booked

since May 2005 and paid in full since September, and now they

go and do this to us----YIKES!!! If I had known beforehand about

this promotion, it could have impacted our decision to sail on this date.

I guess I should expect to see more kids Dec 17 anyway, since it

IS a Holiday cruise and many schools are on holiday break at this time,

but WOW, I was not expecting a FREE kids promotion. Does this mean

this particular sailing is not filling up enough to meet the cruise line's

expectations?

I will be sailing on the Dec 27th Voyager cruise with two children. I paid full fair for my children. I will double check with my travel agent to be sure I am not missing out on a "free cruise" for my children. My husband and I choose Radisson and Holland America to cruise with our children because there are few children. My children are seasoned travelers and we always get tons of compliments on our children's behavior. Our last cruise was 17 days on Holland America to Greenland, Iceland and Norway. There were only 8 children on the ship. My son has a tuxedo and my daughter wears formal gowns on the formal nights (and gets her hair done at the beauty salon). My husband and I are both physicians and enjoy spenting time with them on trips. We agree that most people do not disipline their children. We do not like cruises with children running around in the hallways or misbehaving at dinner. We are professionals like a first class vacation.

Archived