Disembarking Constellation Venice

LUCKYBLACKCAT

On disembarkation day, our flight from Marco Polo Venice Airport is not until late afternoon. We have booked a Celebrity transfer which I assume will be early morning, meaning that we will have hours to kill at the Airport.

Wondering whether to cancel this transportation and make our own way to the Airport. Thinking of taking the people mover to Piazzale Roma, leaving our bags at a left luggage facility there and going into Venice for a few hours. Finally getting a bus from Piazzale Roma to the Airport. Can anyone advise if this is feasible? Thank you for any help or comments.

On disembarkation day, our flight from Marco Polo Venice Airport is not until late afternoon. We have booked a Celebrity transfer which I assume will be early morning, meaning that we will have hours to kill at the Airport.

Wondering whether to cancel this transportation and make our own way to the Airport. Thinking of taking the people mover to Piazzale Roma, leaving our bags at a left luggage facility there and going into Venice for a few hours. Finally getting a bus from Piazzale Roma to the Airport. Can anyone advise if this is feasible? Thank you for any help or comments.

not much to do at the airport in Venice. We waited an hour to get checked in and through security and then there few amenities. Time will be the factor in what you are proposing. We disembarked the Constellation in order, I believe, of flight times, so you might be later getting off unless you book to go early. It will take you about 30 to 45 minutes by water bus to St. Marks but an expensive water taxi ride will get you there faster. Not sure about the logistics of a bus to the airport.

We have got the bus there and back from Piazza Roma to the airport and it is not a problem, costs I think E8 per person and you have to get the tickets from a machine where you use your credit card. Your cases go underneath at the side of the bus. I think there is also a ship tour that morning that takes you on a tour with your luggage in the bus and drops you off at the airport about 12 noon. We are thinking of leaving our luggage at the hotel we stayed in just off Piazza Roma, going walkabout and having lunch and then getting the bus about 1.30/2 pm, our flight is 4.15 pm Good luck!

Good Evening --

You haven't shared how much time you have available. Time dependent, you can take the People Mover to Piazza Roma. Once there you can visit the area or take a vaporetto for a ride. You can catch the Airport bus @ Piazza Roma.

Ultimately there's a # of opportunities for the day - depending on how much time you have. When we departed the Connie we had 3 days to spend in Venice. The first day we took the People Mover to Piazza Roma, dropped our luggage @ our hotel & caught a vaporetto to Murano /Burano. You could also spend a few hours @ San Marco Square (vaporetto will drop you there as well).

Hope you enjoy your day whatever you may choose. Please let us know if we can offer further info.

Thank you all for your helpful replies, I think we'll go for it. Incidentally Stouennais, we are probably on the same flight to Gatwick.

Richard

You can leave your luggage at the storage facility in Pizzale Roma close to the People Mover. It's 7E per bag for 24 hours.

Here's a link to the website

http://trasbagagli.it/en/pg/view/53/luggage-storage-venice-piazzale-roma-airport

I would definitely do this as it gives you quite a few hours to enjoy walking Venice and having a lunch before heading to the airport. It is very easy and economical to take the bus 8E pp to the airport from Pizzale Roma and they have storage for your suitcases on the bus. There is 2 different busses, not much different, one a little more direct but still very similar.

Here is a link to the bus info

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice_airport_buses.htm

Also if you have problems or miss the bus, you can always just get a taxi from Pizzale Roma to the airport. It's about 45 Euro I think, but better than missing your flight. :D

Three years ago we had a similar situation but because of the health of two of our travellers, we decided we could not go into Venice itself. Luckily I was a member of Priority Pass and discovered that there is a lounge landside in Venice Airport. We waited out our hours there in privacy and comfort for a £15pp fee, until we could check in and go through security. I don't know what it would cost for people who are not Priority Pass members. It would be worth checking up. The landside lounge is a Travelex Business Centre. It was small and no-frills but it provided what we needed.

(I have tried to find the price for non-members but I am having no luck. I can't even find it on the Priority Pass site. It is possible the lounge is no longer available, but it is worth any interested people checking up on this.)

If you are planning to get any of the VAT tax you pay back at the Venice airport, make sure you give yourself PLENTY of time. The line to get the tax back was more than an hour long and then the line to get through the passport control was about another hour long. I don't know if this is typical or not, but I almost missed my flight.

There are things to do at the airport, but not once you get past passport control.

Have a great trip!

We had a similar situation several years ago. Celebrity had an excursion offered for those with late flights. We were picked up, had a lovely trip and tour to (I think) Padua, then taken right to the airport. It has been our experience that they offer these types of excursions at most debarking ports. Good luck and enjoy one of our favorite cruises!

• 1 month later...

We will be disembarking in Venice off the Constellation on 6 June. Cost of ships transfer is $US99.99. Depart ship at 8.30 am. Drop off at airport at 12.30. Think I will be giving it a miss and making private arrangements. This costing is nothing but a rip off especially if one is a couple

Edited by Beanb41

We will be disembarking in Venice off the Constellation on 6 June. Cost of ships transfer is $US99.99. Depart ship at 8.30 am. Drop off at airport at 12.30. Think I will be giving it a miss and making private arrangements. This costing is nothing but a rip off especially if one is a couple

You can book a private water taxi for 115 Euro (total). The company we have used is:

https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/biglietto_1.php

They were very reliable.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau