ES with Insurance

Bases5

They may cover the $50pp penalty but probably won't cover the rest because it's not nonrefundable.

I agree with this completely. We had Carnival cancel a cruise and the insurance wouldn't cover our airfare because the airline didn't cancel the flight. At the time Carnival said they wouldn't help with flight change fees but later changed their mind. The reason was the airfare was still usable.

Most insurance policies will cover a dollar amount for change fees. Unfortunately for us at the time out fee was $200pp (Delta) and the insurance would only cover $75pp. We just ended up switching to Celebrity because they had a cruise leaving at the same time. This was from San Juan during March which is high season there. We switched our insurance over to that cruise since we were not making any claims for reimbursement on the Carnival cruise.

It actually depends on the insurance company. I used to work for a travel insurance company as a claims analyst. We had a situation like this once, but I think it was with airline tickets. The traveler had to get something from the airline stating that the traveler is forfeiting the credit and that it would not be available for them to use at a later date. You may want to check with the insurance company you used or are thinking about using.

It actually depends on the insurance company. I used to work for a travel insurance company as a claims analyst. We had a situation like this once, but I think it was with airline tickets. The traveler had to get something from the airline stating that the traveler is forfeiting the credit and that it would not be available for them to use at a later date. You may want to check with the insurance company you used or are thinking about using.

Thanks

I will look into that.

It kinda sucks really

I finally talked my friend and his DW to take a cruise.

I advised him to purchases insurance.

Since then he had a kidney removed with cancer and his other kidney is not

fully doing the job. Dialyses might be in his near future,

Carnival does not offer as of now Dialyses at sea yet. So I'm afraid my friend might not

get to use that withheld deposit.

It's still a little early and everything might work out ok.

He was asking me about procedures

Thanks

I will look into that.

It kinda sucks really

I finally talked my friend and his DW to take a cruise.

I advised him to purchases insurance.

Since then he had a kidney removed with cancer and his other kidney is not

fully doing the job. Dialyses might be in his near future,

Carnival does not offer as of now Dialyses at sea yet. So I'm afraid my friend might not

get to use that withheld deposit.

It's still a little early and everything might work out ok.

He was asking me about procedures

Usually I wouldn't have much sympathy for people who have to forfeit deposits on ES fares since they knew the rules gong in. But, this is an unexpected medical issue and I do feel for your friend. If it were me, I would call Carnival, speak to a supervisor if needed, and see if they can make an exception. After all he would sail if they had Dialysis at Sea. It's worth a try. All they can say is no.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app