Amex Offer

Yesterday, I noticed a special offer on my American Express card (on my online account summary) in the " offers and benefits" section right below the posted transactions. Princess Cruises is offering " Spend $ 500, get $ 100 Back". You must attach this offer to your card BEFORE you pay Princess. My husband and I both have an Amex card, so we called our travel agent and had each credit card pay $ 500 to Princess for an upcoming cruise. We have already received an email from Amex congratulating us and letting us know we would be receiving a $ 100 credit each on our credit card within 90 days.

We used an offer like this last year on our Holland America cruise. There are restrictions, of course, but they are listed on the offer.

Good luck - I hope many of you will be able to take advantage of this offer.

Yesterday, I noticed a special offer on my American Express card (on my online account summary) in the " offers and benefits" section right below the posted transactions. Princess Cruises is offering " Spend $ 500, get $ 100 Back". You must attach this offer to your card BEFORE you pay Princess. My husband and I both have an Amex card, so we called our travel agent and had each credit card pay $ 500 to Princess for an upcoming cruise. We have already received an email from Amex congratulating us and letting us know we would be receiving a $ 100 credit each on our credit card within 90 days.

We used an offer like this last year on our Holland America cruise. There are restrictions, of course, but they are listed on the offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the head's up! I've taken advantage of AMEX offers like these in the past. They're an easy way to get a great saving. The merchant doesn't even know, so if you have some other offer to present at time of purchase, that can just increase the savings. (Referring to the restaurant and merchandise offers.)

But.... I believe these are targeted offers based upon spending patterns with AMEX. I looked for my card, and of the 96 offers, Princess is not one of them. I'll guess that's the case since I've used my AMEX card for my onboard account both in January and February of this year. I also have a Platinum Optima, on there I've got the spend $500 get $100 on HAL. The details, which I'm guessing are the same for the Princess offer, restrict the use to payment of cruise fares, excluding: excursions, OBC's, EZAir, items delivered to room, trip insurance, and group fares including weddings. Language also suggests that rather than a statement credit once the eligible charge posts (as is the case with many of their offers,) this will be a pre-paid card mailed later.

Checked my Amex and only got the HAL offer :( Before Christmas I got a Carnival offer from Amex that was to spend $250 and get a $75 credit back. It took over 4 months and a few phone calls for Amex to give me the credit back.

We don't have an Amex card (use to and hated the thing). We use Discover card and get 5% cash back when we book a cruise. Sometimes it's 10% cash back. We got such a deal on our New England cruise. So if you have a Discover card look into it. You must book with Discover cards TA. Also, it's not only with Princess, but all the major cruise lines.

We don't have an Amex card (use to and hated the thing). We use Discover card and get 5% cash back when we book a cruise. Sometimes it's 10% cash back. We got such a deal on our New England cruise. So if you have a Discover card look into it. You must book with Discover cards TA. Also, it's not only with Princess, but all the major cruise lines.

Though it is easy to find a TA who discounts 10% off of cruises anyway.

Thanks so much we just got the AMEX card last week.

Though it is easy to find a TA who discounts 10% off of cruises anyway.

Yes, now with the new *ostco charge card I've been checking out prices and they are beating Discover with the OBC. I may be switching soon...very soon. Going to apply on the 16th as that's when the new Citibank cards will be available at *ostco. I'm up to looking at all options. Looking for Hawaii specifically.

Yes, now with the new *ostco charge card I've been checking out prices and they are beating Discover with the OBC. I may be switching soon...very soon. Going to apply on the 16th as that's when the new Citibank cards will be available at *ostco. I'm up to looking at all options. Looking for Hawaii specifically.

What is discover offering?

You can also book during their special 5% percent on travel in the months of January - March can't you - I can't remember which months?

I don't like OBC. I like having my TA take the money off of the cost of the cruise. So I would rather have the cruise discounted first.

We have the American Express Blue Cash card.

This morning when I checked our online account both $ 500 transactions were posted as well as both $ 100 credits. Some merchants are faster posting the credits than others. We used a Walmart offer a while back and it took 90 days for our credit to appear on the account.

We have the American Express Blue Cash card.

This morning when I checked our online account both $ 500 transactions were posted as well as both $ 100 credits. Some merchants are faster posting the credits than others. We used a Walmart offer a while back and it took 90 days for our credit to appear on the account.

I noticed this on my offers as well ... thanks to the OP.

Can you use this to pay off a cruise or is it only for new bookings. I just paid off two cruises not less than a couple of weeks ago. Argh!

I also just booked some excursions for these two cabins ... I see it isn't good for excursions, though. I do have a booking for next year on Princess and was wondering if I could use this to apply to the balance.

I noticed this on my offers as well ... thanks to the OP.

Can you use this to pay off a cruise or is it only for new bookings. I just paid off two cruises not less than a couple of weeks ago. Argh!

I also just booked some excursions for these two cabins ... I see it isn't good for excursions, though. I do have a booking for next year on Princess and was wondering if I could use this to apply to the balance.

We booked a 2018 cruise about a month ago. When we saw this offer, we just made a payment on the remaining balance on that cruise.