Are multi-port usb chargers banned

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are confusing ports and plugs 

The official policy on Royal’s website CLEARLY states multi port USB plugs are allowed and it makes no mention of any limits on the number of ports. 

I’m not confusing anything. Devices that combine USB ports and multiple 110/220V outlets on the same unit are what is (and has been forever) banned. Multiport USB only towers are actually provided in the standard suite configuration on Oasis, Quantum, and Icon class ships.

The banned configurations being discussed are devices with both multiple USB ports and multiple 110/220V AC outlets ot blocks that contain only multiple 110/220V outlets.

Edited by orville99

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I’m not confusing anything. Devices that combine USB ports and multiple 110/220V outlets on the same unit are what is (and has been forever) banned. Multiport USB only towers are actually provided in the standard suite configuration on Oasis, Quantum, and Icon class ships.

The banned configurations being discussed are devices with both multiple USB ports and multiple 110/220V AC outlets ot blocks that contain only multiple 110/220V outlets.

However, my post that you seem to feel the need to correct, was talking specifically about USB charging hubs, and the errant declaration from another poster about a port limit. 

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

However, my post that you seem to feel the need to correct, was talking specifically about USB charging hubs, and the errant declaration from another poster about a port limit. 

Whatever…

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

All I could find was that someone on the comments section of a private blog site claimed that Royal reps told them that in a direct message on X (not public). 

By the way for different reasons I would not buy either of the pictured products. To many potential points of failure in the one with the cables. The block charger will probably block other outlets and since it does not have a cord with the 4 charging cables it could be too heavy in the outlet and fall out. I had that problem with some of the large international plug adapters. They kept falling out of the 230 outlet. Also a block charger with that many ports is probably going to charge slow.

Here.  

IMG_7269.jpeg

1 minute ago, Sosai X said:

Here.  

IMG_7269.jpeg

OK, I guess I can see that. They are limiting the number of USB ports that are in conjunction with a single 110/220v outlet. I honestly don't know if I've seen something like this with more than 4 anyway.

So a USB charger block that does not have any 110/220V outlets but does have more than 4 USB ports should be fine, as it is a dedicated USB charger.

8 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

OK, I guess I can see that. They are limiting the number of USB ports that are in conjunction with a single 110/220v outlet. I honestly don't know if I've seen something like this with more than 4 anyway.

So a USB charger block that does not have any 110/220V outlets but does have more than 4 USB ports should be fine, as it is a dedicated USB charger.

We’ll see!  I’m awaiting their reply. 

IMG_7272.jpeg