NCL Dawn photos of refurb starting Jun 17!

The pool area is all new. There are now 4 hot tubs poolside and two side shallow water areas alongside the pool. All new brown wicker furniture very similar to the Breakaway.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/limeyalchemist/Dawn2016/4609D478-9BC3-4D58-B729-0AFC43D402EE_zpspir33wfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Posting a few new photos now that we are back in range and Internet.

If you want photos of any public areas let me know quickly!

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/limeyalchemist/Dawn2016/89D8C3CE-AF6A-49AB-B984-EF13051F90DD_zpsuobv5u1k.jpg

Good to see pics.....thanks.... we sail NEXT Friday...!!!!!

Was watching the Dawn's sailaway live on Dockyard's port-cam yesterday and it zoom it & pan, close enough to see the promenade/lifeboat deck #7 - starboard side, there's no sofa or loungers anywhere on that deck, from what I could see.

When she first sailed RT out of NYC, there're some sun loungers on that deck & not sure if they kept any of them around later on. There used to be both tables & chairs outside the old Blue Lagoon, and you can eat in the outdoors then.

I saw an explaination here once of why there is not more seating on what is considered the "lifeboat" deck. I believe it was Chenggkp who explained that it would be in violation of whatever entity makes up rules re safety at sea. As the life boats would board there in case of emergency, there can be limited obstructions which would impede the flow of passengers. Its a nice thought, but it would require a space that was designed for that purpose, like the Waterfront on the newer ships, and not the same deck as lifeboats.

Edited by punkincc

I saw an explaination here once of why there is not more seating on what is considered the "lifeboat" deck ... but it would require a space that was designed for that purpose, like the Waterfront on the newer ships, and not the same deck as lifeboats.

Thanks, that's logical for egress to not be blocked. The last time we sailed on the Dawn was over 10 years ago (2005) and they still have some sun loungers scattered on the same deck (#7) as the lifeboat - some were stacked & tied, not for use. Unlike sun worshippers on the open/pool deck, we prefer these adjustable loungers in the shade.

There were a small # of them on the GEM in 2012 when we sailed too, digged thru our photo albums just to be sure - again, not a lot of them and they're in the forward section & out of the way (unless & until there's a real emergency signaling all pax to report to their assembly stations @ the lifeboats)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2012-11-19%20NCL%20Gem%20-%209%20Day%20E.Carib%202012%20Ports%20%2B%2B/GEM-12-SDC10535.JPG

The pool area is all new. There are now 4 hot tubs poolside and two side shallow water areas alongside the pool. All new brown wicker furniture very similar to the Breakaway.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/limeyalchemist/Dawn2016/4609D478-9BC3-4D58-B729-0AFC43D402EE_zpspir33wfb.jpg

I wouldn't say all new. There were always 4 hot tubs and the big pool looks pretty much how it was before with the sides with a couple inches of water. They did change out the tile on the hot tubs and put in the canopies over the hot tubs. There also used to be a small pool on the other side of the stage closest to the bar but I haven't seen any post drydock pics of that.

I think what I am probably most interested in will be what they have done with the Spa :) It sounds like they were trying to bring her up to the standards of the Jewel Class.

There are pictures around of the spa all done. It is WAY better than it was before. I'll actually be buying a pass when I'm on her now

Thanks for posting the picutres! The Dawn looks great! Can't wait for our cruise, what can you say about the rooms? Where they refurbished as well? We're staying in a balcony state room.

Thanks again!

On the main NCL page there is a sticky at the top by LauraS with a link to an article. In that they mention new carpets, bedding, artwork, etc. in rooms. Couple bathroom pics I saw though look exactly like before but those are harder areas to renovate.

On the main NCL page there is a sticky at the top by LauraS with a link to an article. In that they mention new carpets, bedding, artwork, etc. in rooms. Couple bathroom pics I saw though look exactly like before but those are harder areas to renovate.

The art work in Venetian generated a lot of discussion and not in a good way. But maybe that was the point - to be controversial.

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/limeyalchemist/Dawn2016/0B66F3D5-1A97-4F92-BF2D-21D8DE5F76BD_zps4weguxhj.jpg

http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad89/limeyalchemist/Dawn2016/5B837DFF-498A-4604-8E87-BD72CF8ADCC5_zpsgpnxvnhe.jpg

First, thanks for taking the time to share your photos. Second, count me among the scandalized. And I think you're right, this is contrived controversy. The designer who proposed the idea should be smacked.