Palma de Mallorca - DIY?

My family and I will be on Harmony visiting Palma de Mallorca in August. I have read that this port is easy for DIY. I have a few questions:

- Does RCL offer a shuttle from the port to the Old Town?

- If they do have a shuttle, how much do they charge?

- How far is Bellver Castle from The Cathedral area? Is it walking distance?

- If not walkable, are taxis readily available to and back from the castle?

- How much will the taxi ride cost?

Thanks for any recommendation you can offer.

• Like 1

My family and I will be on Harmony visiting Palma de Mallorca in August. I have read that this port is easy for DIY. I have a few questions:

- Does RCL offer a shuttle from the port to the Old Town?

- If they do have a shuttle, how much do they charge?

- How far is Bellver Castle from The Cathedral area? Is it walking distance?

- If not walkable, are taxis readily available to and back from the castle?

- How much will the taxi ride cost?

Thanks for any recommendation you can offer.

Hi , I have lived in Majorca for the last 20 years. Bellver castle is not really walk-able from the cathedral a taxi will be about 12 euros and they are plenty of taxis, the cruise terminal is about 35 mins walk along the the sea front. I can answer any other questions on Majorca

Hi , I have lived in Majorca for the last 20 years. Bellver castle is not really walk-able from the cathedral a taxi will be about 12 euros and they are plenty of taxis, the cruise terminal is about 35 mins walk along the the sea front. I can answer any other questions on Majorca

Is the railroad to Soller walkable from the port?

Is the railroad to Soller walkable from the port?

NO but you can get the No 3 bus it stops at the Plaza Espana where the train to Soller departs , the bus is across the bridge or a short walk to Porto P shopping center.

Is it closer to go to Bellver Castle from the cruise terminal or the Cathedral?

NO but you can get the No 3 bus it stops at the Plaza Espana where the train to Soller departs , the bus is across the bridge or a short walk to Porto P shopping center.

Thanks, We are there on a Sunday. Are taxis also an option?

I will also be there in August, can you recommend a beach and tell me the best way to get there? If taxi, approximately how much? (Just an idea, it doesn't have to be exact!) Thank you!!

The nicest beaches are a short bus ride away --- Walk across the road bridge over the main Paseo Maritimo a 10 min walk , when you come to the road junction cross over and catch the No 3 bus it will say Illetas on the front of the bus.

1.50 euros travel to the end of the line about 10 mins and walk down a small hill go left or right to two lovely beaches.

Taxi will be about 15 mins and about 15 Euros.

The nicest beaches are a short bus ride away --- Walk across the road bridge over the main Paseo Maritimo a 10 min walk , when you come to the road junction cross over and catch the No 3 bus it will say Illetas on the front of the bus.

1.50 euros travel to the end of the line about 10 mins and walk down a small hill go left or right to two lovely beaches.

Taxi will be about 15 mins and about 15 Euros.

Hi, what are the names of the beaches (Illetas?)

Thanks.

Hi, what are the names of the beaches (Illetas?)

Thanks.

If you go by taxi ask to be dropped off outside The Anchorage the bus also stops here -- There is a choice go right down the hill to one a protected sandy beach with beds not much choice of food best is the Anchorage club beach bar.

If you chose to go left when you leave the bus or taxi there is a small beach could be crowded with a very nice restaurant.

http://www.theanchorage.es/

• Like 1

If you go by taxi ask to be dropped off outside The Anchorage the bus also stops here -- There is a choice go right down the hill to one a protected sandy beach with beds not much choice of food best is the Anchorage club beach bar.

If you chose to go left when you leave the bus or taxi there is a small beach could be crowded with a very nice restaurant.

http://www.theanchorage.es/

Roger, What would you suggest are the best choices of things to do for a family of four, ages 52, 50, 18 and 17. We aren't the lay on the beach type, although that could be an option. We like history, photo ops, physical activities like hiking, segway, bikes, etc. Thanks!

Roger, What would you suggest are the best choices of things to do for a family of four, ages 52, 50, 18 and 17. We aren't the lay on the beach type, although that could be an option. We like history, photo ops, physical activities like hiking, segway, bikes, etc. Thanks!

Hi, I will give you 4 options 3 involve hiring a car :

(1) Car to Valdermosa to visit The Monastery where Chopin spent the winter then on to Deya Robert Graves the poet lived here then lunch in Soller and then Back to Palma to visit the Cathedral and old town Easy day out.

(2) Car to the caves of Drach in the N.E of the island there are many pretty villages on route .

(3) Car to Andraix visit the port of Andraix and then drive around the coast road to Soller then back to Palma.

(4) Train to soller for the day.

• Like 1

We arrive at 8:00 am and leave at 4:00 pm. I'm thinking the train will give us little time at the port. Or is it faster? Also we'll be on the Harmony and fear train overcrowding. Help

Edited by Pmorton3360

We arrive at 8:00 am and leave at 4:00 pm. I'm thinking the train will give us little time at the port. Or is it faster? Also we'll be on the Harmony and fear train overcrowding. Help

the only way you have enough time to enjoy a trip to Soller on the train , If the boat docks at 8 am the first train you can catch is at 10.10. allow 1.5 hr for the trip to Soller.

Then 25 mins to Port de Soller by tram, you should arrive at 12 .00.

you could get 2 hours there.The next train back from Soller is at 2 pm you would miss the boat !!!

The only way is to get a taxi back about 40 mins .

http://www.trendesoller.com/en/cms.php/timetable_and_prices

Hi, I will give you 4 options 3 involve hiring a car :

(1) Car to Valdermosa to visit The Monastery where Chopin spent the winter then on to Deya Robert Graves the poet lived here then lunch in Soller and then Back to Palma to visit the Cathedral and old town Easy day out.

(2) Car to the caves of Drach in the N.E of the island there are many pretty villages on route .

(3) Car to Andraix visit the port of Andraix and then drive around the coast road to Soller then back to Palma.

(4) Train to soller for the day.

Hi Roger,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Mallorca next May, after disembarking a cruise ship in Barcelona. Will 4 nights in Mallorca provide us with enough time to see some major sites? We would like to use public transport for sightseeing rather than renting a car; however that is a possibility.

Looking at renting an apartment near Placa Major or near the Cathedral. Which would be easier for us to get transport?

Thank you. Carolyn

Hi Roger,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Mallorca next May, after disembarking a cruise ship in Barcelona. Will 4 nights in Mallorca provide us with enough time to see some major sites? We would like to use public transport for sightseeing rather than renting a car; however that is a possibility.

Looking at renting an apartment near Placa Major or near the Cathedral. Which would be easier for us to get transport?

Thank you. Carolyn

HI ,

Yes 4 days would be fine to see all the major tourist spots the transport system is fantastic and the whole island is covered from the bus hub in Palma and no point is more than 1 to 2 hrs away.

Staying near the Plaza Mayor is perfect !! I would still hire a car which will give more options , In May the roads are uncrowded and user friendly