Voom Internet

Is it possible to purchase Voom Internet just on certain days? I will be on a transatlantic cruise & I will only want internet for a couple of the days at sea. Is this possible or do I have to purchase a package for the whole cruise?

Is it possible to purchase Voom Internet just on certain days? I will be on a transatlantic cruise & I will only want internet for a couple of the days at sea. Is this possible or do I have to purchase a package for the whole cruise?

You can purchase for selected days. You must do this onboard, and the daily price will be higher than if you had purchased for the entire cruise.

Edited by clarea

When purchasing the internet pkgs, the price listed says per adult. If you purchase for 3 devices, would the price allow any 3 devices to be used at the same time or does that price have to be paid per person as it implies?

When purchasing the internet pkgs, the price listed says per adult. If you purchase for 3 devices, would the price allow any 3 devices to be used at the same time or does that price have to be paid per person as it implies?

Any 3 devices at the same time.

would I still be required to purchase an international plan with my phone provider?

Only if you want to use cell service. With VOOM internet, you can use the internet-based apps on your phone. There are several communications apps that you can use that work on wifi.

I will need to check email and communicate with my children (imessage). I'm sure the kids will want to listen to their music, snapchat, post pics, etc. no intention of making phone calls or actual texting. I have Verizon as a provider.

I will need to check email and communicate with my children (imessage). I'm sure the kids will want to listen to their music, snapchat, post pics, etc. no intention of making phone calls or actual texting. I have Verizon as a provider.

If all you need to do is email and iMessage while at sea, then you do not need to purchase anything more from Verizon. Put your phone into Airplane mode, turn on WiFi, and you won't get any additional charges from Verizon.

And, if you have the "one device" plan, it doesn't mean that only one device can be used (even though some at Royal Caribbean will try to tell you that it does). It just means that only one can be logged in at a time. The same goes for two or three. I used our "one device plan" on both my iPad and MacBook on a recent voyage. So, unless everyone is planning to be online all the time, a "three device" plan might be overkill for some families.

Edited by BigGuy25