Italy Tours.EU? Help please

Tingaling0

• 1 month later...

We had a wonderful excursion with Italy Tours. We were met on time as we disembarked the ship by a very efficient & friendly driver. He took us to meet with our guide in the City. Our guide was simply amazing. She was extremely knowledgeable with a good sense of humour.

We wished there'd been enough time to see it ‘all’. I guess we will have to return!

I would highly recommend this tour.

Sandra & Fred King

Has this ever happened to you? What happened in the end?

We confirmed two tours and still waiting for the third to have enough people. One of the confirmed tours the others dropped out and Cristina notified us. I became anxious and emailed her that I still hoped we would be able to tour and hoped others booked.I have placed the info on our roll call but many are setting up tours own their own. My third tour has not been confirmed. This will be a once in a lifetime trip for us so of course we want to go on the tours. I am interested to hear how it was resolved if it happened to you, or what you ended up doing. I really like this tour company and Cristina has been fabulous. She told me not to worry is is early yet...but of course I am worried.

Has this ever happened to you? What happened in the end?

We confirmed two tours and still waiting for the third to have enough people. One of the confirmed tours the others dropped out and Cristina notified us. I became anxious and emailed her that I still hoped we would be able to tour and hoped others booked.I have placed the info on our roll call but many are setting up tours own their own. My third tour has not been confirmed. This will be a once in a lifetime trip for us so of course we want to go on the tours. I am interested to hear how it was resolved if it happened to you, or what you ended up doing. I really like this tour company and Cristina has been fabulous. She told me not to worry is is early yet...but of course I am worried.

It hasn't happened to me but I'm worried about it! I've also been corresponding with Cristina. We are the first 3 so are waiting for 5 to sign up for the tour before June 22. I've gotten other quotes but they have the best prices. People on my roll call have already booked the same tours and they're good to go. We're the only ship in Naples that day. Cristina also told me there's a very good chance it will go on.

The tour to Florence and Lisa was amazing. Although we only had time in Florence for one museum, Accademia and The David was the right choice . Very in-depth back, especially of Michelangelo , who is the favored artist (sorry to the Da Vinci fans).

In Lisa, we were told no way to have time to go up in the tower. The van parked tantalizingly close, so I bought the ticket and did it, with relatively light crowds.

Absolutely great value for the price!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hi

Looking at options for Italian ports and found Italy Tours.EU. Has anyone used them? What do you think and which tours did you do? Thanks in advance.

Jeanette

Never used them. We had one tour that was not through the ship, and it was with Viator in Naples. Absolutely stellar tour!

We paid $91 each, we to the Limoncello factory, toured the Amalfi Coast going to Positano, Amalfi, AND Sorrento, had a great Italian lunch included, and then went to Pompeii on the way back to the ship.

Amazing day!

Never used them. We had one tour that was not through the ship, and it was with Viator in Naples. Absolutely stellar tour!

We paid $91 each, we to the Limoncello factory, toured the Amalfi Coast going to Positano, Amalfi, AND Sorrento, had a great Italian lunch included, and then went to Pompeii on the way back to the ship.

Amazing day!

This wasn't really on topic but I have to ask, where did you find this? Before I found itslytours I searched viator and nothing was as affordable as $91.. definitely not all of that..

We just returned from a Med cruise a week ago. Had a blast due, in part, to two excellent tours we booked through Italy Tours. They actually do tours in multiple European cities, not just Italy. Anyway, we booked a tour in Monte Carlo that took us along the French Riviera and into Nice. We had three other couples with us and THE BEST guide, Gui. He lives in Nice and has an intimate knowledge of the area we toured. He was a wealth of interesting local knowledge, was kind, polite and patient. It helped that we had perfect weather for the lovely drive. The tour was a very reasonable price for a semi-private tour, easier and more flexible than being with about 50 other people in a bus. You can not go wrong with this tour. Seriously. The other tour we had with Italy Tours was at Vatican City. Our tour guide there was also EXCELLENT (sorry, I cannot remember his name). A former archeologist, he spent about 30 minutes clearly explaining what we were going to see in the Sistine Chapel. He was very respectful of the setting and like our tour guide in France, had a great fund of interesting and detailed information about the items, rooms, artists, artwork, etc...throughout the Vatican. He inspired me to read the Agony and the Ecstasy. Again, I would not want to do this tour with a huge group booked through the ship. For us, this was a bucket list trip and I really wanted to experience and understand all the sites we visited, not just do "fly-bys". Italy Tours was able to provide what we wanted and we could not be more pleased. Obviously we highly recommend them.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast with Italy Tours in April. Guide was waiting for us at the dock and off we went in a 12 passenger van. The tour of Pompeii was amazing - our guide had a Masters in Archaeology and her enthusiasm for this site was catching! Quick lunch in Sorrento and a driving tour of the Amalfi Coast. HIghly recommend this company for tours in Italy.

We just returned from a cruise with NCL. We did tours with Italy Tours.EU in Rome and Florence/Pisa. BOTH tours were great. There were 6 of us traveling together. In Rome we were joined by another couple from the ship (this was someone else who had booked the trip through the company and we didn't know). In Florence/Pisa it was just the 6 of us. I love the fact that they keep their tours small (I think they cap at 8) because they can get into places larger groups can't go - and a smaller group is easier to work with. In Rome we ran into a problem due to the fact that we were there on a national holiday, so many places were closed (including most of the Vatican). We weren't aware of this until we heard from Italy Tours - who informed us that their "usual" tour would have to be changed because of this - and at that time we had the option of canceling with a refund or accepting the changes. We accepted the changes. Instead of going to the Vatican spots we were given a walking tour of the Palantine Hill and Forum area. IT WAS WONDERFUL!! For both tours we were met at the port by our driver in an 8 passenger van. In Rome this was a good thing because the port is a little ways from the city. In Florence it was GREAT because Florence is over an hour away from the port. Both places the driver took us to meet our guide. In Rome we met the guide at the Colosseum (we had gotten the optional "skip the line" pass, which is WELL worth it). The "ship" based tours had made an announcement that the Colosseum would be closed and many people canceled those tours because of it, but it was NOT closed. Our guide did a walking tour of it, which was really good. From there our guide took us on a walking tour of the Palatine Hill and Forum area. I've been to Rome before, so had seen the area on my own, but the guided tour was GREAT! Our guide was very knowledgeable and answered all questions. She was easy to understand and went at our pace. Our group requested a stop at the Vatican, knowing that most of the sights would be closed, we still wanted to see the Vatican. Our guide finished the walking tour in time for our driver to take us for lunch. We were given the choice of going for a "sit-down" lunch or a "fast" lunch. We picked the fast lunch, to leave more time to tour. The place he took us was a "fast" pizza place - with very few seats. He apologized several times for the lack of seats, but the pizza there made up for it. I'm not a pizza fan, but this was SERIOUSLY good pizza!! He then drove us to several short stops to see other places in Rome, including a short stop for us to see the Vatican before returning us to the port. In Florence/Pisa we again were met at the port by our driver with an 8 passenger van. He drove us to Florence, explaining points of interest along the way. We met our guide about a block away from the Accademia Gallery. We again had gone for the "skip the line" option - and again, it was WELL worth it. I have also been to see David on my own, but it was MUCH better with the guide with us. From there we did a walking tour of the historic Florence area. After the tour we were told where the guide would meet us and were give a little over an hour for lunch and shopping on our own. We met the driver at the assigned time and place and he drove us to Pisa, again mentioning points of interest along the way. We had a short stop in Pisa to see the tower before being returned to the ship. Both drivers and both guides were EXCELLENT. I have taken many tours both solo and with groups in many places and I have to say this group does it right. Professionally run, understandable and knowledgeable drivers and guides, based on the wishes of the group. I would DEFINITELY use them again! I only wish I would have used them in Pompeii!

I have yet to book shore excursions for our last minute Mediterranean cruise (in one month!! Yikes!) and I'd like to thank everyone for this informative thread! :) Italytours is by far the most affordable tour company I've seen by comparison.

A couple of questions, are the "skip the lines" ticket expensive? And what do people usually tip on these tours? I want to make sure we'll have enough cash on us during the tours.

I have yet to book shore excursions for our last minute Mediterranean cruise (in one month!! Yikes!) and I'd like to thank everyone for this informative thread! :) Italytours is by far the most affordable tour company I've seen by comparison.

A couple of questions, are the "skip the lines" ticket expensive? And what do people usually tip on these tours? I want to make sure we'll have enough cash on us during the tours.

Italy tours offers the option to purchase skip the line tickets with their tours. We opted to purchase them. We also purchased skip the line tickets with Barcelona day Tours. We figured it would make it easy and everything is paid for upfront. Now we only needs euros for "trinkets", food and a gratuity.

Italy tours offers the option to purchase skip the line tickets with their tours. We opted to purchase them. We also purchased skip the line tickets with Barcelona day Tours. We figured it would make it easy and everything is paid for upfront. Now we only needs euros for "trinkets", food and a gratuity.

Good to know you can purchase the skip the lines option at booking! Thank you!

map70065 - thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am getting more and more excited with each passing day. I am so happy we booked all three Italy ports with this tour company.

I wish I would have - booked the Pompeii tour with another company and it wasn't good - I know now!

I can't remember how much extra the "skip the line" option was, but in hindsight I think we could have bought tickets online. I tipped the tour guide $10 and the driver $10 for each tour, which is high for Europe, but the tours I took were really great.

We just returned from our Mediterranean cruise and booked all of our Italy tours through Italytours.EU.

Every tour we had was excellent and very professionally run. We enjoyed them all. Our guide for the Vatican was top notch, we learned so much from him, 4 hours was not enough time to see it all. The tour of Rome included all the highlights we were looking to see. I just wish we had more time to spend in Rome. We did not have any free time with this tour, and would have liked some. That was the only downfall we felt in the whole tour. We loved Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. We only got a short taste of the Amalfi Coast, but we will definitely be back some day. Pisa and Florence were awesome. We had just enough time in both locations to experience it all. Florence was our favourite stop out of them all. All the guides that we had were top of the line! Very informative and you could tell they loved their jobs. I wish that I could tell you their names, but my memory isn't as good as it once was. I would like to mention Gabriele, our driver for Florence. As we were returning to the ship, he had played some Italian opera music. We hit a bump and the music skipped. One of the passengers said that it was her favourite song, so Gabriele but the music on again and sang along! He had a magnificent voice and we were all thrilled with his impromptu performance! Thank you so much for putting together such wonderful tours and I will highly recommend your company to anyone wishing to tour in Italy! You could not find any better than Italytours.Eu

We just returned from our Mediterranean cruise and booked all of our Italy tours through Italytours.EU.

Every tour we had was excellent and very professionally run. We enjoyed them all. Our guide for the Vatican was top notch, we learned so much from him, 4 hours was not enough time to see it all. The tour of Rome included all the highlights we were looking to see. I just wish we had more time to spend in Rome. We did not have any free time with this tour, and would have liked some. That was the only downfall we felt in the whole tour. We loved Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. We only got a short taste of the Amalfi Coast, but we will definitely be back some day. Pisa and Florence were awesome. We had just enough time in both locations to experience it all. Florence was our favourite stop out of them all. All the guides that we had were top of the line! Very informative and you could tell they loved their jobs. I wish that I could tell you their names, but my memory isn't as good as it once was. I would like to mention Gabriele, our driver for Florence. As we were returning to the ship, he had played some Italian opera music. We hit a bump and the music skipped. One of the passengers said that it was her favourite song, so Gabriele but the music on again and sang along! He had a magnificent voice and we were all thrilled with his impromptu performance! Thank you so much for putting together such wonderful tours and I will highly recommend your company to anyone wishing to tour in Italy! You could not find any better than Italytours.Eu

Were you able to purchase any rosaries at the Vatican or was there not enough time?

Were you able to purchase any rosaries at the Vatican or was there not enough time?

No, we did not have enough time to buy anything. That was my biggest complaint with the tour of Rome and the Vatican, we did not get any free time. However, we saw almost everything we wanted to, so it was worth it.

Amazing day!

We just returned from 28 days and did two italytours.eu. One was "Best of Pisa and Lucca" and it was very good. We ended the tour with "Best of Rome" where they picked us up at ship, toured all major sites in Rome and dropped us at hotel for $109 euros. It was absolutely spectacular!!! I cannot say enough good things about this tour. It was the absolutely best day ever. Highly recommend both tours and italytours.eu!