Italy Tours.EU? Help please

Tingaling0

Because of the favorable comments on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor, we used ItalyTours.eu for Lucca and Pisa.. we were sailing the Celebrity Reflection this April and May .. we signed up directly with ItalyTours.eu .. and were joined by other couples on our ship .. what a fabulous excursion! The guide was professional, on time, friendly.. a good command of English .. we loved her and we loved this company.. we intend to use them again when we travel to Italy .. we highly recommend them! xoxo

Every tour we had was excellent and very professionally run. We enjoyed them all. Our guide for the Vatican was top notch, we learned so much from him, 4 hours was not enough time to see it all. The tour of Rome included all the highlights we were looking to see. I just wish we had more time to spend in Rome. We did not have any free time with this tour, and would have liked some. That was the only downfall we felt in the whole tour. We loved Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. We only got a short taste of the Amalfi Coast, but we will definitely be back some day. Pisa and Florence were awesome. We had just enough time in both locations to experience it all. Florence was our favourite stop out of them all. All the guides that we had were top of the line! Very informative and you could tell they loved their jobs. I wish that I could tell you their names, but my memory isn't as good as it once was. I would like to mention Gabriele, our driver for Florence. As we were returning to the ship, he had played some Italian opera music. We hit a bump and the music skipped. One of the passengers said that it was her favourite song, so Gabriele but the music on again and sang along! He had a magnificent voice and we were all thrilled with his impromptu performance! Thank you so much for putting together such wonderful tours and I will highly recommend your company to anyone wishing to tour in Italy! You could not find any better than Italytours.Eu

It took about 2-3weeks for the tour to fille up. We Booker in February for a May 24th cruise.

You pay only when the group is full. Italytours' drivers/guides in Cannes and Naples were very good but it is very fast-food pace excursions. You see à lot in a day

Sent from my SM-A520W using Forums mobile app

Call me crazy but does anyone who recently toured with them will I have anytime to shop on any of these three Italyeu tours? We booked Best of Rome & Vatican; Pompeii, Sorrento, & Amalfi Coast; and best of Florence and Pisa. Thanks and no I will not hold anyone up so we can move to the next tour...I am one of those people that always arrives a few minutes before the appointed time. LOL

Call me crazy but does anyone who recently toured with them will I have anytime to shop on any of these three Italyeu tours? We booked Best of Rome & Vatican; Pompeii, Sorrento, & Amalfi Coast; and best of Florence and Pisa. Thanks and no I will not hold anyone up so we can move to the next tour...I am one of those people that always arrives a few minutes before the appointed time. LOL

We did the Popeii, Sorrento & Amalfi Coast with them but we really didn't have time to actually "shop". We stopped in Sorrento for lunch for about an hour and a half and that was really the only break we had. We were told to be back at the bus at a certain time so everybody went and did their own thing. We ate at an outdoor cafe and the service was pretty quick so we had about 3/4 of an hour before we had to be back at the bus. The bus was parked about a 5 - 10 minutes walk from the main street in Sorrento (where the restaurants and stores were). We looked into a few shops after lunch then started to walk back to the bus (like you, we don't like to be late). There were clean restrooms in the area the bus was parked so we used them before getting back on the bus. Some people who ate in a fancier restaurant, really just had time for lunch and nothing else. Maybe each group is different but that was our experience .. it was still a great tour. :D

When we did the Best of Rome and Vatican we had a little time for shopping, but not much. We had lunch at a trattoria near the Spanish Steps - the service was fairly quick, and we had some extra shopping time then.

When we did the tour in Provence, lunch was at a boulangerie in St. Remy. Sandwiches eaten at an outside table. As Chris, our guide, explained, there is no such thing as a quick lunch in France.:)

Those who have recently toured with Italy eu,

Please forgive in advance for asking this question. I know European customs are different in regard to tipping. Did you notice if this was acceptable on these tours? I do not wish to offend those who worked so hard to give us a great experience.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Go with Italy Tours, *5

After reading great reviews from Cruise Critic forum about Italy Tours, I can say we were very pleased with our tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast. History of Pompeii and volcano with Gino was so interesting and not overload of info which was great. Bus guide Nicola accommodated stops along the Amalfi Coast for photos and appreciated him advising us on best places to eat for reasonable prices. Giving us time to eat and browse shops or just sit and people watch.

Great day! Will definitely recommend Italy Tours.

Cheers Sharon 🍷

My husband and I used Italy Tours (Italytours)for our three (3) tours in Italy. I will not build up any suspense -- they were EXCELLENT!! First of all, we got a 5% discount for booking them for all 3 of our tours. That was on top of the very reasonable rates we had for a group of 8. Our group of 8 was created by talking to folks on a Facebook page created for our sailing. For each city, we had an air conditioned van and an english speaking tour guide. This was not promised, but each of our guides provided a hot spot so we had wifi in the van for our whole tour day. This was such a perk since We had booked certain tours -- like the all day Rome highlights with skip the lines at Vatican and Basilica and Pompeii and Florence-- and we did not have to wait and those local guides were great as well. But, the drivers were with us from the time we got off the ship to the time we wanted to go back to the ship and any time that was not booked with a tour was flexible. They had it set up with highlights and structure, but were perfectly willing to alter the schedule to fit our preferences. Naples was first for us. We were picked up by Luigi, an affable man with a great personality. We drove through Naples with Luigi telling us interesting facts to Pompeii where we met Margherita, our guide. We got there early and beat the crowds. It was amazing and a highlight of our trip. We went from there to various sites for pictures and views, and then to a factory that makes limocello. Yum! We all voted to drive to Amalfi, the last town on the Amalfi coast which Luigi believed to be the most beautiful. It was a long ride, but we stopped along the way to take pictures and have an amazing lunch that Luigi booked for us at a restaurant built on a cliff on the Amalfi coast sitting with a view of the ocean eating fresh sea bass and homemade pasta under a lemon tree. Luigi's driving skills were excellent on those curves on the coast! Rome was with Giovanni and it was a very busy day with many sights to see -- the Pantheon, the Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Colloseum, Navona Square, Spanish Steps, and more! He was professional and so friendly and pleasant. Livorno -- Florence and Pisa -- was with Gabriele, who was so great. He had water and candy for us, and was so protective of us when handing us off to the tour guide in Florence. My group did not choose to go to Accademie to see the David and other works of art, but that is also an option with this tour company. We stopped at various places for pictures and shopping, and then when we got back to port, Gabriele gave each group a small statue of the city so that we would remember our time with him in Florence. As if we could forget! As you can see, I was very happy with Italy Tours. I felt that the value was definitely there -- we were more than 8 hours each time -- and we were a group of 8 in a van with visibility for even those in the middle seats. There were never issues with the a/c or time -- our group was very concerned about getting back to the ship on time and made sure we were back at least an hour before -- but the drivers were aware of the time and knew what needed to be done to get us there. I am happy to answer any of your questions. Please feel free to message me here or to my e-mail at lorraine220@yahoo.com.

• Like 1

Go with Italy Tours, *5

After reading great reviews from Cruise Critic forum about Italy Tours, I can say we were very pleased with our tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast. History of Pompeii and volcano with Gino was so interesting and not overload of info which was great. Bus guide Nicola accommodated stops along the Amalfi Coast for photos and appreciated him advising us on best places to eat for reasonable prices. Giving us time to eat and browse shops or just sit and people watch.

Great day! Will definitely recommend Italy Tours.

Cheers Sharon 🍷

We also enjoyed this tour. We are looking forward to our Best of Rome and Vatican tour today.

Can someone advise on giving them your credit card?

We want to book with them and they requested a minimum deposit of $1 to secure the tour.

The deposit is not a problem but Chrome saying their site is not secured.

I talked to them and they suggested that I will give them my credit card details via email just for secure our place (they won't charge us and we will pay all in cash) but this is still not a secure way...

Can you please advised how you payed them and if you had any problems?

Thanks for your help.

We want to book with them and they requested a minimum deposit of $1 to secure the tour.

I talked to them and they suggested that I will give them my credit card details via email just for secure our place (they won't charge us and we will pay all in cash) but this is still not a secure way...

Thanks for your help.

We had to pay the whole tour amount up front (this past April) and I used my Visa card but the site was "secure" . I'm not sure why it would have changed. I just looked their website (using Firefox) and mine shows that it IS secure. I would NOT send my credit card info by email.. that is definitely not secure.

This is what Chrome is saying... don't have FF

but Microsoft edge say it is... or partly as it says it blocked what is not secured.

this is why i asked here, to see what you all did.

The entire experience was the trip of a lifetime and the (4) tours we took with ItalyTours.eu were ALL fantastic! We highly recommend all of the tours we took, the drivers, mini-vans and guides were all outstanding and very knowledgeable about their cities, sites and the history. And of course, the lovely places in Italy and Spaiin we visited certainly contributed to the tours!

We were particularly pleased with Pavel, our driver in Barcelona and Laura, our driver in Rome. They were both extremely flexible with our itinerary and went out of their way to make sure we saw EVERY site possible in both cities. Salvatore in Naples was also excellent, he made sure at each stop that he took photos of everyone in the group for us. All of the drivers were very safe and courteous (Gabrielle in Florence drove a little bit fast, but we arrived safely at our destinations!). Our guide, Gino, in Pompeii was very knowledgeable and passionate about the ruins. He made sure to take us on a route to miss the majority of the big crowds there that day. We only wish we had more time at each location, but we fully understand that we only have 8 hours to try to get it all in!

Everyone in our party could not speak highly enough about the quality of the tours, vehicles and especially the drivers/guides! If we return to Italy (or Barcelona) in the future, we will definitely book again.

Thanks for your help.

When the time came to pay italytours, we paid by credit card. I checked my bank's website the next day and saw the charge accurately posted (after conversion to dollars).

We did two tours with italytours.eu on our recent cruise and would definitely use them again.

Best of Florence & Pisa - Although every aspect of the tour went well, the instructions for the meeting point could have been a little clearer. The driver met us in the terminal - not next to the gangway as noted in the instructions. The driver (Gabriele) was a very nice gentleman and very accommodating. He offered us coffee twice during the tour and had wifi available in the car, and had water bottles for us in the car and gave each couple a small gift at the end of the tour. He even offered us a 1 Euro coin if we needed to use the rest room that required payment at one of the stops. The group that toured David was late meeting up with us but we felt this gave us sufficient time to see Florence. The driver was not expected to provide much information, and he didn't. When he did, he was a little hard to understand. However, he was very clear about the meeting points. The tour guide in Florence (Virginia) was excellent. Easy to understand, good information and kept the group interested. If I was going to do a tour of this area in the future, I think I'd rather spend more time in Florence and skip Pisa, as the only important thing we had time to see was the Tower.

Best of Rome & Vatican - All around this was an excellent tour. Again, the driver (Alessandro) met us in the terminal not next to the gangway. Alesandro was outstanding - he provided lots of info, navigated the city very well, and took us to a great pizza place for lunch. He was very clear about meeting points and times. The guide at the Vatican (Roberta) was thorough and informative and properly resisted one family's pleas to shorten the tour so they could get back to the ship. The family had several young children with them - I don't think young children should be taken on this tour as their extra needs detract from the overall experience of the rest of the group. I think that italytours would be well advised to specify in their documentation that children might not do well on this tour. Overall, we saw an amazing amount on this tour and were back at the ship with plenty of time to spare.

Ricardo picked up our group after our cruise ship docked in Naples. He was personable and an excellent driver. We visited Pompeii with our guide, Nenzi, who had a wealth of knowledge of this historical site. We then visited a fascinating Limoncello factory, had lunch in Sorrento, and enjoyed a lovely drive on the Amalfi Coast.

It was well worth the money and touring in a small group was the way to go. We will definitely use Italy Tours EU the next time we visit.

We booked three tours with ItalyTours.EU; Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast, Best of Rome and the Vatican and Best of Florence and Pisa. The drivers always picked up on time and safely took us to meet the guides. All of the chosen guides for each tour were knowledgeable. I wish we had more time to spend in the Vatican and an opportunity to purchase rosary beads. This company is an excellent choice for seeing and enjoying special locations in Italy.

We loved our tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast with Italy tours. Our driver really knew his way around! They provided a guide for Pompeii and she was wonderful! In Sorrento we got to walk around and eat lunch for about 2 hours. We really enjoyed all the little shops there. Then we headed to the outskirts of Positano. We had wonderful, picturesque views of the coast line here. It was gorgeous! We highly recommend this company for small group tours. It was cheaper and better than the cruise ship tour! (We know, we compared notes with our dinner friends who chose to do the ship tour). It was a perfect way to spend the day! I'd do it all over again with no hesitation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We used these guys in Genoa for the best of Florence & Pisa when we were on the Royal in June. It just great. The driver (Gabe) was safe and friendly. The guide (Cecelia) was super-knowledgeable. We probably could have spent extra time in Florence. There isn't much in Pisa by comparison.

Overall, I'd use them again and would recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ItalyTours.EU were brilliant from the first email I sent to the drop off at the the ship! Gabriele our driver/guide and Demetra our guide in Florence were both fun, knowledgeable and extremely organised. The price was very cheap compared to other tours! I highly recommend this company for real value for money small group tour! You cannot go wrong!

Regards Wendy Wizza

How do the shared tours work? I am interested in the Siena, San Gimignano, and Chianti tour. Has anyone done this or heard about it?

Thanks!

You just need to contact the company, they will tell you what to do. They are very good, if you get in early enough you should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used ItalyTours.EU for our Pompeii and Amalfi Coast tour in early July. I chose them based on reviews and pricing, much less than NCL excursions. The driver was easy to find when leaving the ship, our mini bus was clean and comfortable, and our driver and Pompeii guide were friendly. Instructions for meeting points were clear and all went well. I would definitely use them again. Thanks!