API - no can do, computer issue

Did ours a couple of months ago WCM, don't forget you can do it at check in, think the more worrying point is if you are unable to print the boarding passes. I know they are having loads of issues at the moment, we still have two conflicting itinerary's and they don't know why, on our cruise for next year, still showing both on the web😕😕😕😕

I have a seven digit reference number, however it was not recognised for API.

Have heard it takes a day or two for "the system" to sync - so I'll try again.

Computerised booking still appears to have Thomsons baffled !!!

Hi again WCM have just checked our API for our cruise next year and I can access it on my pc with our seven digit number, which is from a computer booking, and I can also access this years cruise, booked through a TA, with our six digit number:rolleyes:

Are you also flying with Thomson. We've booked to go on TUI Discovery but chose the BA flight because it's going out earlier in the day. Not sure if it applies to your booking but Thomson confirmations say we MUST provide them with API even if we are using a different carrier but we can't get onto their system and BA can't help as the booking reference doesn't apply (it being a chartered flight). We went into the Thomson shop who have told us we WILL NOT be able to do API until we check-in because of it being a BA flight. We asked for written confirmation of that and were given a printed "staff info" page for us to take to the the airport. She has assured us it isn't a problem so let's hope not.

If you've booked your cruise and are flying with Thomson, you should go to a shop and insist they help. They'll tell you they can't and that you have to call 0203 451 2688 but you should persist. It's the Thomson website that is causing the problem. They might try to charge you but we refused that too because it's their systems that are at fault. Good luck and hope you get sorted out.

Hi again WCM have just checked our API for our cruise next year and I can access it on my pc with our seven digit number, which is from a computer booking, and I can also access this years cruise, booked through a TA, with our six digit number:rolleyes:

It accepted my 7 digit number today, so all sorted, thanks.

Anne B - sounds like you have a potential drama on your hands.

Sometimes I despair at Thomsons admin procedures.

I feel another Victor Meldrew rant coming on !!!

I've had e-tickets and all the other paperwork stuff for our August cruise and stay through the post today! Apparently my email address is wrong and Thomson have been unable to send me anything. All my details including email are present and correct so I have no idea what's occuring there! Another computer sez no incident maybe!

• 3 weeks later...

That's us back from our Magic of Spain on the Discovery. No problem at all at the airport re API not being done. You could've knocked us down with a feather. Would recommend the BA flight if available to others (we booked it because it went out early and were on the boat by noon). Had a fantastic cruise. The boat is lovely, staff, entertainment, meals. All fab. Service was excellent in restaurants and bars tho could be improved upon at the pool deck. Bit short staffed there I think. All-in-all a wonderful time and can't wait to book up for discovery 1 or 2 (imaginative name :)) next year.

Just a thought but is anybody who is having problems using Firefox web browser?? ,at times it does not seem compatible with thomsons systems, an example is sometimes when you try to access the website it will come up with the message "Site under maintainence" yet if you switch browser to such as Chrome everything becomes perfectly accessible and normal, this problem seems totally random but could be the root of some peoples problem.

I had problems accessing the old Thomson website a couple of years ago and was told by Thomsons when I rang them to always use Chrome as it is more secure

Have had no problems since even with the new website but I do wish they'd get it sorted so that you can book whatever you want on line It really is disgraceful that a company this size hasn't sorted the problems - it's now a year since this website started

Ocean Village had a website over 10 years ago where you could book fly/cruise, cruise only/ cabins/and aircraft seats what is wrong with them?

The amazing thing is that they are still able to sell cruises without them being offered (in my daily paper at least) by other websites for the last two years so they obviously aren't bothered The Mail at weekend has pages and pages of cruise offers but no Thomson cruises!!

Hi, we've just returned to cruising after a couple of years break due to health issues. We've been using Thomson hotels for a while, and always do the API through Thomson Flight Extras.

We are booked onto the Discovery after a hotel stay in early October, and made the booking on line some time ago. The booking No. is 6 digit and the Flight Extras system accepted it for API without any trouble.

Really looking forward to cruising again, previously mostly we did P&O but don't like megaships, and we have enjoyed the Thomson hotels immensely, so a stay and cruise seems a good option. We sailed on Legend of the Seas, Discovery's sister ship some time ago and loved that.

Some very good info on this site, so thank you.

I've had e-tickets and all the other paperwork stuff for our August cruise and stay through the post today! Apparently my email address is wrong and Thomson have been unable to send me anything. All my details including email are present and correct so I have no idea what's occuring there! Another computer sez no incident maybe!

Just received our e-tickets for Sep through the post same scenario as Cappers I have phoned and spoken to a real person who informed me they had one or two computer problems:rolleyes: but he assures me he has corrected my email address, apparently addresses are recorded in TWO separate places which do not talk to each other;)

Yes I went into API log in and put in my ref. number and it came up OK. that was when I thought it would say API somewhere, but it didn't, it said Travel Documents and there it was.

I couldn't find "Manage my booking", only "My Thomson Cruise" but when I went into that it says it is not available for cruises!!!

Only with Thomson!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...