A little something for everyone.....

The Tide Is High - Blondie

Looking For The Summer - Chris Rea

So Far Away - Dire Straits

Islands In The Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers

Riders on The Storm - The Doors

Tequila Sunrise - The Eagles

Travelin' Light - Eric Clapton

Sea of Love and Over the Rainbow - "IZ" (Israel Kamakawiwoʻole)

One Particular Harbor - Jimmy Buffett

What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

Sailing - Rod Stewart

Sloop John B - Trinadad Steel Drum Band

Here Comes the Sun - Yo Yo Ma and James Taylor

I like most of the suggestions but not looking to extend my library just for a cruise. My iTunes already has 24 000 songs! And then podcasts!

I expanded the podcasts to the 10 last unheard items and added playlists until I was remarkably close to the 16 GB of the lil box. I have just shy of 2200 songs. A whole playlist is Celtic including song sailing songs. Some good tunes from Great Big Sea and The Fables. I know Orinoco flow is there ... But I am not going anywhere near that river. I have the Bach Sonatas for Unaccompanied Cello. Solo classic guitar. Songs in languages from all over the world. I have Canuck playing Indian ragas on the moohan veenha. He also plays the blues. Oh, some Tom Waits --- You Can Never Hold Back Spring. Some arias and some showtunes. As you might guess this one iPod holds so much I can surprise myself in a day, a week, or month.

My music is more for the torturous plane flight than the boat, but it is a mix much like I hear at home.

And if you fly, I can not suggest too strongly a set of noise canceling headphone!

I like the list, but enjoy YOUR tunes.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread that looks like fun . . . I would add "Save the Last Dance For Me" by Michael Buble.

Theme from Titanic may be the wrong message for a cruise LOL but how about Il Mio Cuore Va . . . My Heart Goes On in Italian, by Sarah Brightman?

If you like that one, her version of "Memory" from Cats in Italian is even better . . . . called "Piano (Memory)"

Come Home to the Sea by Manheim Steamroller is another great choice

"My Heart is Lost to You" by Brooks and Dunn has a nice Spanish feel.

"Alejate" by Josh Groban . . . beautiful Spanish song.

Any other songs that have come out since this thread was last updated?

When I wanted some songs for a party I went to my local library, borrowed some CDs for free then burned onto my own CD the songs I liked. (OK, some truth here. Had my husband do it so don't ask me how its done! All I know is it involves the computer!)

How about including some Harry Belafonte?

When I wanted some songs for a party I went to my local library, borrowed some CDs for free then burned onto my own CD the songs I liked. (OK, some truth here. Had my husband do it so don't ask me how its done! All I know is it involves the computer!)

How about including some Harry Belafonte?

The library is a great source for music, although it's hit or miss as to what you'll find. You can find thousands of songs out on the newsgroups but as some on CC will be sure to point out, song sharing is a copyright violation.

Harry Belafonte is a GREAT suggestion.

Spanish Guitar by Toni Braxton is a really nice, romantic Spanish ballad as well.

Edited by websiteauthor

• 2 weeks later...

Zac Brown song I didn't see but may have missed, is, Knee Deep! There are several songs by, Barrington Levy, with a carribean beat and tone! My favorite is She's Mine.

This is a great thread found it by searching for cruise music in search engine and cruise critic my cruise home website! Great Ideas folks! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Love this thread and I've been making my list from all the suggestions. Luckily I had some but hadn't thought of using them.

For those that like the steel drum versions of some of the more popular songs associated with cruising, Amazon has some digital albums/singles from the Carnival steel drum band. Maybe they're on iTumes also but I don't use it. I searched in digital music for carnival steel drum and 4 show up under albums.

• 2 years later...