Cruise Critic Community
spleenstomper

New and current weight watchers

Awesome good job this week I’m taking a break from the scale, last week I lost 1.4

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd take the 1.4 loss vs the 2.2 I gained! Keep up the good work.

Laurie

ps: I didn't realize how big the picture was!

Down .6 this week. I’ll take it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good job I’m up 1.6

I'm reading a lot of complaints online about Freestyle, but it is working for me. I guess it just depends on 1) whether you like the zero point foods and 2) whether you can control zero point food portions.

Anyway, I'm now down 6 of the 12 pounds I wanted to get off by December 5. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it to my goal. I've joined an exercise challenge on a FB group for Lifetimers for the month of October, I'm hoping that will help me stick to my goals. Oh and part of that is trying to build up an at-home yoga practice. I'm going to be on the ship for 5 months and need a fall back source of exercise for days at sea!

Thinking about joining WW online

Can anyone tell me how the program works the WW website is vague about it?

Do you need a smart phone to track your progress or get points options etc..

How do you know how many point you are allowed?

Do you get a list of food to eat ? or you have to look up online each item?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Lyn

You don’t need a smartphone! It makes it easier, but you can do it from a computer!

WW does all the math for you, once you join. It gives you the amount of daily points, the weekly points you can use (for indulgences or events) and you can track your activity. It has a huge database of food and restaurants so you just simply type in the item and it comes up with options to choose from. I have been on this new plan of WW for 7 months and I love it. The freestyle plan is great and really offers a ton of flexibility. Let me know if you want any more info!

You don’t need a smartphone! It makes it easier, but you can do it from a computer!

WW does all the math for you, once you join. It gives you the amount of daily points, the weekly points you can use (for indulgences or events) and you can track your activity. It has a huge database of food and restaurants so you just simply type in the item and it comes up with options to choose from. I have been on this new plan of WW for 7 months and I love it. The freestyle plan is great and really offers a ton of flexibility. Let me know if you want any more info!

If you’re dining out you do need one it makes it a lot easier to track.....

If you’re dining out you do need one it makes it a lot easier to track.....

Plenty of people write down what they eat and track later. If I forget my phone or go somewhere with no service I do it all the time.

Plenty of people write down what they eat and track later. If I forget my phone or go somewhere with no service I do it all the time.

But it helps to have one that way you can go straight to WW and search for what you’re going to eat......

I'm reading a lot of complaints online about Freestyle, but it is working for me. I guess it just depends on 1) whether you like the zero point foods and 2) whether you can control zero point food portions.

Anyway, I'm now down 6 of the 12 pounds I wanted to get off by December 5. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it to my goal. I've joined an exercise challenge on a FB group for Lifetimers for the month of October, I'm hoping that will help me stick to my goals. Oh and part of that is trying to build up an at-home yoga practice. I'm going to be on the ship for 5 months and need a fall back source of exercise for days at sea!

Wow! Hard to believe that there are many complaints about Freestyle. I’ve been a Lifetime Member for about 30 years, although have had to rejoin many times due to my yo yo weight gains. Each time I rejoined there was a different “Program” to follow. Freestyle (for me) is the most effective and easiest program of all. I’ve lost 25 pounds in 4 months with the help of the Zero Point Foods. I also have found the motivational/emotional aspects of the meetings very helpful. I plan to continue attending meetings now that I am back at my goal so I’ll FINALLY keep the weight off! (I’ll check in after 9 days on the Infinity in November!)

Hello all.  I'm sorry I haven't been back, I completely forget about coming here!  I'm still working my WW program.  I'm down 57 pounds now, so I've made a really nice start, as I'm not even at the midway point yet.  I am hoping I'll be at my midway point when I cruise at the end of January for our little 3 night trip. 

I hope you all are having success!

Weigh in today down 4.6 for a total of 62 lbs.  Made my cruise goal.  Now to keep it off while cruising.  It's a Lifestyle not a diet!  Congratulations to all who have come here to share their losses.  To those who have gained, tomorrow is a day to start anew!

I survived our cruise to Bermuda! I missed 2 weigh ins, so I was not expecting a 3.6 lb weight loss.  The leader asked me to speak to the group as to how I was able to lose weight on a cruise.  We never took the elevators and ate sensibly.  No carb overload and no hangovers!  

Now I am getting ready for our April cruise.  I am currently down 67.6lbs, would like to hit 70 for Christmas and 75 for the cruise.  We shall see!

Happy Holidays everyone.

Laurie

Finally made it to a meeting this morning.  I was down 3.2 for a total of (drum roll please) 70.8!!

Happy Holidays everyone.

Laurie

I was so hoping this thread would be active 😞 I loved points plus but in maintenance stopped WW because smart points did not work for me. But to get some weight off from 2 years of frequent cruising I have started again - this time on freestyle (which seems far better than the initial version of smart points). I am pretty good at keeping myself in check, it’s fun to have others on the journey (especially other cruise addicts like me 😂)

Lynn

Lynn,

Feel free to join the Thursday weekly weigh-in thread.  We are all on different plans, but still offers nice accountability and camaraderie.

I joined WW online last week after my daughter announced her engagement. But my cruise is next week. I plan to stick with eggs and fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch and lots of walking. I'm not much of a drinker, but was given the unlimited beverage package as a gift. Any suggestions for lower point alcoholic drinks?

15 hours ago, kasil said:

I joined WW online last week after my daughter announced her engagement. But my cruise is next week. I plan to stick with eggs and fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken for lunch and lots of walking. I'm not much of a drinker, but was given the unlimited beverage package as a gift. Any suggestions for lower point alcoholic drinks?

I’m not much of a drinker, so I cannot help you with that, but congrats on your daughter’s engagement ☺️

On 3/4/2019 at 3:51 PM, kasil said:

Sprite Zero, vodka, splash of cranberry 🙂