New and current weight watchers

Hi all, I just dropped by for some inspiration. I'm a lifetime WW member but haven't gone to a meeting or tracked for about a year. I have a cruise coming up in December and would like to drop about 10 pounds before then So I'm going to a meeting tomorrow to learn about the new program and to jump back on the wagon.

It sounds like many of you are doing amazingly well, congratulations!! I'm going to hang out here (as well as on the WW site) to see if your determination and success rubs off.

Michele

• Like 1

Welcome Michelle, your story is just like mine. I’m doing WW on line I’ve been back on the plan since June And I have lost 7.5 pounds. I’m going in to a meeting as soon as I lose a bit more so they can weigh me and I won’t have to pay any more. [emoji16][emoji16]

I’m also on WW Connect scloves2cruise... l have a cruise in November

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m going in to a meeting as soon as I lose a bit more so they can weigh me and I won’t have to pay any more.

Thanks for the welcome Gorgie. I calculated correctly and when I went in today I only had to pay one weekly fee for missing the last 16 months! I am exactly at my goal. But when I had initially lost I'd gone down another 12 lbs and I want that off again before my 12/1 departure. It should be very doable. And the "game" of WW will help the time pass more quickly.

I'm excited to try Freestyle, it seems even healthier than the original Smartpoints program. I find I eat much more healthily on WW, even better than when I'm tracking calories and losing. I'll make a run to Trader Joe's in the morning to set myself up for success.

• 2 weeks later...

Weigh in this past Saturday down .2.. this was the week after losing 5.4lbs. I'm ok with it though. But since Saturday I have been off kilter. Hopped on my home scale this morning (something I avoid) and I am up 8lbs! ugh, Got to get back on track. Cruise is coming up fast.

Welcome all the new comers!

Weigh in this past Saturday down .2.. this was the week after losing 5.4lbs. I'm ok with it though. But since Saturday I have been off kilter. Hopped on my home scale this morning (something I avoid) and I am up 8lbs! ugh, Got to get back on track. Cruise is coming up fast.

Welcome all the new comers!

I hear you, last week I went on a 3 day getaway didn’t track but did a lot of walking my weight in is Saturday which that didn’t happen...I’m tracking now let’s see how Saturday goes [emoji57] we just have to get back on the ball.

I hope the scale is not too bad [emoji51]

I hear you, last week I went on a 3 day getaway didn’t track but did a lot of walking my weight in is Saturday which that didn’t happen...I’m tracking now let’s see how Saturday goes [emoji57] we just have to get back on the ball.

I hope the scale is not too bad [emoji51]

Thanks! I’m sure it’s not as bad as we think. Well I hope it isn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my gosh, you all are doing great! Very excited for everybody's successes, small or large. DH & I started WW June 1st, as of today we've both lost 28#'s. This will be the lowest scale number I've started a cruise with in, well, a very long time! (Oct 26th we leave for the Regal New England cruise).

We are loving WW, the app makes tracking so simple and I've found that is a most helpful function for me. Do you all have any stratigies for eating on the cruise? So far I'm not getting a coffee card this trip so will not indulge much with the foo-foo coffee's. While I'm not planning on holding back from the goodies at the IC, I do hope to make 0 point choices through out the day to off set my sweet tooth. Of course walking, taking the stairs etc for activity. Would love to hear of other stratigies.

Sharon

Oh my gosh, you all are doing great! Very excited for everybody's successes, small or large. DH & I started WW June 1st, as of today we've both lost 28#'s. This will be the lowest scale number I've started a cruise with in, well, a very long time! (Oct 26th we leave for the Regal New England cruise).

We are loving WW, the app makes tracking so simple and I've found that is a most helpful function for me. Do you all have any stratigies for eating on the cruise? So far I'm not getting a coffee card this trip so will not indulge much with the foo-foo coffee's. While I'm not planning on holding back from the goodies at the IC, I do hope to make 0 point choices through out the day to off set my sweet tooth. Of course walking, taking the stairs etc for activity. Would love to hear of other stratigies.

Sharon

Welcome Sharon, small portions don’t hold back make sure it’s worth it, take the stairs tried to get your 10,000 steps in...on my last cruise I would try to walk around the ship 5 times.

OK, I weighed in this morning after following Freestyle religiously for 2 weeks. Down 2.8 pounds! That's pretty funny because when I originally lost 30 pounds with WW 2 years ago, my average was 1.4 pounds a week.

I am really liking Freestyle, even more than the old Smart Points. It's been easy to fall into the groove of mostly zero point foods and figuring out which foods with points are worth including. I was out of town for a few days and cooking and eating with an old friend. I figured out one morning that 1/2 bottle of wine was 11 SP, so I "zero pointed" breakfast and lunch and happily split a bottle with my friend at dinner.

I'm going to be on a ship for 5 months starting in December. It's a smallish ship so no "walking the deck" for exercise, I guess I can run the stairs? And it will be interesting to see how many zero point foods are regularly available. I'm not intending to follow Freestyle closely while on board but hopefully I can keep it in mind!

OK, I weighed in this morning after following Freestyle religiously for 2 weeks. Down 2.8 pounds! That's pretty funny because when I originally lost 30 pounds with WW 2 years ago, my average was 1.4 pounds a week.

I am really liking Freestyle, even more than the old Smart Points. It's been easy to fall into the groove of mostly zero point foods and figuring out which foods with points are worth including. I was out of town for a few days and cooking and eating with an old friend. I figured out one morning that 1/2 bottle of wine was 11 SP, so I "zero pointed" breakfast and lunch and happily split a bottle with my friend at dinner.

I'm going to be on a ship for 5 months starting in December. It's a smallish ship so no "walking the deck" for exercise, I guess I can run the stairs? And it will be interesting to see how many zero point foods are regularly available. I'm not intending to follow Freestyle closely while on board but hopefully I can keep it in mind!

Did I read right? You’re going to be on a ship for 5 months? Or you are going in 5 months?

Did I read right? You’re going to be on a ship for 5 months? Or you are going in 5 months?

You read me right, I'm leaving in 3 months and will be on the ship for 5 months. I arrive in Athens on 12/5 and will be home again on 4/24!!! I am so excited I am hardly able to sit still. I'm doing the Aegean Odyssey's "Grand Odyssey" through Road Scholar, Athens to Athens.

I recently re-joined WW after about 9 yrs away. First week thought I was doing well, really struggled, .4 gain. Couple of pounds down the following weigh-in. Will be on ship for 2 weeks in Oct, will try to avoid much gain while still enjoying myself; eating on cruise is a chief enjoyment for me, trying the many international buffet options. One gal suggested for first week, remind myself i can try some of those dishes the following week! I'll try to walk more on ship than in the past. I read a lot on ship, not very mobile like i should be.

You read me right, I'm leaving in 3 months and will be on the ship for 5 months. I arrive in Athens on 12/5 and will be home again on 4/24!!! I am so excited I am hardly able to sit still. I'm doing the Aegean Odyssey's "Grand Odyssey" through Road Scholar, Athens to Athens.

How exciting....

Welcome Sharon, small portions don’t hold back make sure it’s worth it, take the stairs tried to get your 10,000 steps in...on my last cruise I would try to walk around the ship 5 times.

Thank you for that reminder! Portion contol is a hard one for myself and DH. I'll work to be more watchful of that, especially on our upcoming cruise.

Sharon

I recently read a book (I CAN MAKE YOU THIN) that had some ideas that are good for me, such as ONLY EAT WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY. My habit has been to eat per the clock. On the ship, I'd always eat all three meals, going to lunch for example when i had eaten too much for breakfast and ALREADY felt full, etc. will try to do differently on my upcoming Oct cruise. MINDFUL eating is a new concept for me. Am having super slow progress, (only down 2 pounds after 3 weeks at WW), but i'm retraining myself. Ate out last evening for the first time, dreaded the scales this am, but was down .2. Didn't "clean my plate," a first for me.

Thinking about joining WW online

Can anyone tell me how the program works the WW website is vague about it?

Do you need a smart phone to track your progress or get points options etc..

How do you know how many point you are allowed?

Do you get a list of food to eat ? or you have to look up online each item?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Lyn

Thinking about joining WW online

Can anyone tell me how the program works the WW website is vague about it?

Do you need a smart phone to track your progress or get points options etc..

How do you know how many point you are allowed?

Do you get a list of food to eat ? or you have to look up online each item?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Lyn

Go to WW website...just follow the instructions yes you need iPhone or android so you can keep track when your not near your computer it will tell you everything you need to know.

Welcome to WW and enjoy the journey

Go to WW website...just follow the instructions yes you need iPhone or android so you can keep track when your not near your computer it will tell you everything you need to know.

Welcome to WW and enjoy the journey

Thanks

Guess I will just muddle along we do not have smart phones & the WW site does not tell me much unless I join :(

still thinking about it

Congrats to all that are enjoying the weight loss

Thanks

Guess I will just muddle along we do not have smart phones & the WW site does not tell me much unless I join :(

still thinking about it

Congrats to all that are enjoying the weight loss

Just go to WW don’t log in enter you zip code and take it from there, good luck

Checking in one week after returning from wonderful 12 day Azamara Cruise. At weigh in yesterday I was DOWN 1.2 lbs!

How? Well, I used zero point foods at Breakfast. Veggie omelettes and lots of fruit. Salads and chicken, fish or shrimp for lunch and sensible dinners. Avoided bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Light on the desserts.

10,000 steps most days.

What was my reward? Wine with Lunch and Dinner!

This week’s loss brought me 1.8 lbs from my Lifetime Goal so no more paying unless I gain 0.2 lbs. Too close for comfort. MY GOAL is to get 5 lbs below WW’s goal.

Sail Girl, that is really impressive. I hope I am able to follow your example with on board eating!

I did the same thing with my WW goal. My official WW goal was 2 pounds below the maximum to get into the Healthy BMI range. I kept going for another 14 pounds. So when I returned last month after 16 months off, I had gained 12, but was still at goal. I paid for one week but now have the tracker and meetings for free to get that 12 pounds off. 4 down, 8 to go!

I leave on December 5th so I'm pretty confident I'll make it.