Hi,

We just took a short walk along the key and got the local ferry to Capri and had a fantastic day there.

It's well worth the effort and quite cheap and easy.

Capri is just stunning, busy yes but it's a very special place.

There's a small funicular car up to the main shopping area but as there was massive queues we negotiated a €50 taxi tour of the island and we were out for 30 mins with him and then got dropped off in the shopping area.

Expect to pay top dollar for anything there but just soak up the atmosphere and enjoy.

The train down was not so busy with hardly any queqe.

28SAC

We did the hoho in Naples. There are three routes. We did the one which went round the outer coastal part of the town northwards. We saw the 'nicer' side of Naples and some lovely views. It's not that fantastic but for anyone who has done Pompeii and/or Herculaneum and just wants to get off the ship for a couple of hours it's fine. Linda we have talked about this before on FB and I sent you some photos in a pm!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did the hoho in Naples. There are three routes. We did the one which went round the outer coastal part of the town northwards. We saw the 'nicer' side of Naples and some lovely views. It's not that fantastic but for anyone who has done Pompeii and/or Herculaneum and just wants to get off the ship for a couple of hours it's fine. Linda we have talked about this before on FB and I sent you some photos in a pm!

Thanks Sheila :) I know I asked before but it was ages ago and can never find anything again on fb! Will have a look at pm's

The bus which picks up right outside the port takes you to a 'hub' where you can transfer to whichever route you wish to do. Can't remember what the route was called but all the info is at the port bus stop.

I've done it to Linda. It was alright,,I think we did the seedy parts of town though:rolleyes: I was apprehensive because I had bought a guide book which said,,and I quote,," Naples ,where teenage gangs high on crack cocaine gun down innocent tourists in the wrong place" :eek: I can honestly say I never want to go again! Go to the Isle of Capri and drool over the stuff no normal person can afford in the shops:cool:

The bus which picks up right outside the port takes you to a 'hub' where you can transfer to whichever route you wish to do. Can't remember what the route was called but all the info is at the port bus stop.

Just been on tripadvisor and it seems to be the blue line

I've done it to Linda. It was alright,,I think we did the seedy parts of town though:rolleyes: I was apprehensive because I had bought a guide book which said,,and I quote,," Naples ,where teenage gangs high on crack cocaine gun down innocent tourists in the wrong place" :eek: I can honestly say I never want to go again! Go to the Isle of Capri and drool over the stuff no normal person can afford in the shops:cool:
Bit nervous of going on our own to Capri in case we can't get back in time :eek::eek: We always get lost wherever we go! But will think about it. Off to bed now as exhausted with all this research!

We went to the museum, had a pizza (this is a 'must' in Naples, then went up the funicular where it is much quieter and has a small park where you can sit and look out over the Bay and eat ice cream, very relaxing.

For Capri, we left the ship at 8am and walked across to the hydrofoil going across to Capri (no need to book). The crossing is around 40 minutes and when we arrived we went straight to the booking office and booked our return hydrofoil ticket to ensure we got our chosen time to return and to save queuing later. We shared a taxi up to AnaCapri which is a lovely village to walk round and lots of cafes. From there we took the chairlift to the top of the island and had wonderful views all around. There is a restaurant at the top. We then returned to AnaCapri and took the taxi back to the port where we had a walk and an ice-cream. By then it was time to take the hydrofoil back to the ship. We had a wonderful day out:)

For Capri, we left the ship at 8am and walked across to the hydrofoil going across to Capri (no need to book). The crossing is around 40 minutes and when we arrived we went straight to the booking office and booked our return hydrofoil ticket to ensure we got our chosen time to return and to save queuing later. We shared a taxi up to AnaCapri which is a lovely village to walk round and lots of cafes. From there we took the chairlift to the top of the island and had wonderful views all around. There is a restaurant at the top. We then returned to AnaCapri and took the taxi back to the port where we had a walk and an ice-cream. By then it was time to take the hydrofoil back to the ship. We had a wonderful day out:)

8am? :eek::eek: Is there such a time? Unless we have a trip booked we usually get up about that time, cup of tea, shower then breakfast at 9.30ish then off the ship by 10.30ish, a wander or bus ride, then back to the ship about 2.30pm for lunch, a bit of sunbathing and a snooze before dinner about 8pm and then the show.

I think we will probably try Sheila's trip up the coast on the bus or maybe book a trip to Pompeii. Plenty of time to decide on that.

Thanks for everyone's input xx

Bit nervous of going on our own to Capri in case we can't get back in time :eek::eek: We always get lost wherever we go! But will think about it. Off to bed now as exhausted with all this research!

We did Capri some years ago and took a ships tour, it was a bit pricey but we were glad we did as the sea got a bit choppy which caused some delays/cancellations to the hydrofoil service. I'm sure that's not the norm but it did happened the day we were there. We are not adverse to doing trips on our own but when ferries are needed we usually take a ships tour.

We did Capri some years ago and took a ships tour, it was a bit pricey but we were glad we did as the sea got a bit choppy which caused some delays/cancellations to the hydrofoil service. I'm sure that's not the norm but it did happened the day we were there. We are not adverse to doing trips on our own but when ferries are needed we usually take a ships tour.
That is my worry too. I have booked trips in Barcelona and Messina, so don't want to have too many trips out. It is nice to just wander sometimes :)