What time is Embarkation for Equinox?

Aranna22

You will most likely get an email or text a few days before your sailing with the suggested boarding time.

Generally boarding begins about 11-11:30 but the cabins are not ready until about 1:30. So if you board at 12 you will have to keep any carry on luggage with you until the cabins are ready.

You will most likely get an email or text a few days before your sailing with the suggested boarding time.

Generally boarding begins about 11-11:30 but the cabins are not ready until about 1:30. So if you board at 12 you will have to keep any carry on luggage with you until the cabins are ready.

Thank you so much! :-)

To date, I've received neither a phone call nor an e-mail relative to boarding time... My stateroom is on Deck 11...

• The cruise before ours is scheduled to arrive in Athens at 5:00 AM on the morning of 7 September... Guests from that cruise will likely be off the ship by 9:00 AM with the crew taking a few hours to prepare the ship for its next--our--sailing...
  • We are not scheduled to depart Athens until 10:30 PM that evening... As such, it would not surprise me if Celebrity were to delay the start of our embarkation a bit and to keep the check-in process open somewhat later than usual [some are flying in--on rescheduled flights--that day]...
  • In the absence of advice from Celebrity to the contrary, I'm planning to head over Piraeus after mid-day check-out at my Athens hotel with port arrival at about 1:00 PM...

Disembarkation in Barcelona should be fairly free-form as we have an onboard overnight there on 19 September--Equinox is scheduled to arrive at 10:00 AM--with formal disembarkation on the morning of 20 September...

• I would guess that you could disembark the ship on 19 September--after the ship is cleared by local authorities--if you choose to forego the overnight... You would need to secure clearance to leave the ship prior to cruise end from Guest Relations [after boarding] and, I suspect, you would need to be prepared to do an unassisted walk-off with your luggage in tow...
  • I suspect that formal disembarkation on 20 September will start fairly early as the ship will already have been cleared the day before, the gangways will be continuously open during our Barcelona stay, and crew will have had opportunity to offload luggage to the cruise terminal overnight... Again, Celebrity will start guest departures with those who wish to do an unassisted walk-off with luggage in tow; it wouldn't surprise me if that were to start at 6:30/7:00 AM... Immediately following the walk-off, they will start calling disembarkation groups for those claiming luggage ashore... Celebrity tends to require that disembarking passengers vacate staterooms by 8:00 AM with the final group leaving the ship by about 9:00 AM... They will serve an early breakfast, with shortened hours, that morning...
  • As a consecutive cruiser--I'll be aboard Equinox until 3 October--I haven't given the matter any thought from a personal perspective...

If you are not aware, you will find a detailed itinerary for our cruise--with arrival and/or departure times for each port--on your invoice from Celebrity and on Celebrity's website... And I seem to recall that you are participating on the Roll Call for our cruise... My guess is that you will secure the most timely/up-to-date information relative to our boarding time from our cruise mates there--rather than on this more general Celebrity forum--as notifications are issued...

Looking forward to meeting you aboard Equinox!

Edited by Xport