Pride of America Recap - Sail Date 7/9/2016

moethecat

moethecat,

Thanks for the response. When we did this cruise in 2012 we used Roberts, but had much more time. (7:30pm flight) They picked us up and we loaded luggage on the bus, did the 6 or 7 hour tour and dropped us at the Airport about 3:30 - 4pm. Our flight, like yours, is at 2:40pm, this time. Roberts doesn't do an early Pearl Harbor (wish they did) tour that is shorter than their regular one so will have to use NCL this time. I called shore excursions yesterday and they said this tour is for flights after 2pm but told us we need to take our luggage off the ship. Not a problem though as we will all have 1 carryon and a backpack. There will be 11 of us going. It is a "retirement cruise" from us to the kids and grandkids. Like I told them, we are just spending their inheritance and will enjoy it with them. :)

:) Enjoy the cruise! I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time! I hope you post some pictures or a summary when you return.

I am sure the cruise will generate memories that will last for generations! In reflection the cruise certainly exceeded my expectations. Just a fantastic experience.

Enjoyed your review and thank you. We will be on the Pride August next year.

Thank you! Enjoy your cruise and the planning of the cruise. (Which I always enjoy.)

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the cruise as your cruise date nears.

I thought of a couple of other things recently regarding the cruise:

1) On the Road to Hana our first stop was a small park. A couple was selling fresh coconut which they chopped and stuck a straw in so we could drink the coconut water. It was very tasty. $5. Second stop was a small refreshment stand area. They are famous for their banana bread. We had the ice cream which was very tasty.

2) In our cabin we hung a "shoe" holder (not sure not to describe it) on the bathroom door and stuck our bathroom "stuff" it in. Freed up space in the bathroom. Also the Hawaii decorations we picked up at the Dollar Store and put up in the cabin made the cruise feel super Hawaiian.

3) Also there are a couple of cabanas overlooking the pool. We never used them but they provide some shade and have a great view of the pool deck.

WP_20160711_06_48_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20160710_08_47_35_Pro_highres.jpg

WP_20160709_13_01_46_Pro.jpg