Are the vendors/shops open on Sundays?

Kristianmom3x

Will be in Martinique on a Sunday in November, does anyone know if the vendors or shops will be open? Also, I remember none of my high school french, If we decided we want to snorkel or something is it recommended to try to do an excursion on our own, or should we do it through the cruise line?

We were there in April on a Sunday and the town is pretty much shut down. As far as the ferry's, I don't know what the schedule is like for Sunday. The people in Martinique seem to observe Sunday for church and family time. I just learned that on our cruise in April of 2017 they changed ports from St. Lucia to Martinique.... and we will be there on Sunday. I think we may take an excursion from the ship if there is one that appeals to us.

We were there in April on a Sunday and the town is pretty much shut down. As far as the ferry's, I don't know what the schedule is like for Sunday. The people in Martinique seem to observe Sunday for church and family time. I just learned that on our cruise in April of 2017 they changed ports from St. Lucia to Martinique.... and we will be there on Sunday. I think we may take an excursion from the ship if there is one that appeals to us.

We must be on the same cruise- Anthem on 1/2/2017? I am very disappointed to read about the itinerary change- that's why I'm on this site- looking for advise for our visit. Our friends, who have been there before, say it is a good pool day! Not very encouraging. We are not shoppers- we love the beach and beautiful scenery but not at the expense of long bus rides!

Hope we can meet on the cruise!!