Carnival Legend 7/12 - 7/19 2016 Trip Report

nycfa

We there really no restrooms on the 1 hour boat ride. No way I could do that. I have the worlds smallest bladder, or it feels like it must be.

Very true! They tell everyone to go before they get on the boats. There were bathrooms right there. Then the boat ride was 60-70 minutes, without any bathroom. Once you get to the base camp area for Glacier Point, you have a 10 minute bus ride until you get to a spot that has port-a-potties.

What an incredible review and very pertainant since we leave on the Legend Aug. 9 and can't wait (our 1st Alaska cruise).

And to make it even better we booked also have booked the same Mendenhall Glacier excursion and don't know which part of it I am more excited about.

AND we also have booked Ketchikan Taxi and after reading what you wrote about your experience I am even more confident of that decision.

Thanks so much for the review and pics. Only makes us wish we were leaving tomorrow.

Very true! They tell everyone to go before they get on the boats. There were bathrooms right there. Then the boat ride was 60-70 minutes, without any bathroom. Once you get to the base camp area for Glacier Point, you have a 10 minute bus ride until you get to a spot that has port-a-potties.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks my husband will be doing tours on his own. I will just have to relax on the ship. Oh, darn:)

Thanks for the heads up. Looks my husband will be doing tours on his own. I will just have to relax on the ship. Oh, darn:)

Thanks so much for your review.

We will be there soon, and I am so hoping that it is not hot!

Sun will help:)

I loved your pictures, specially the photo with the front going by, or coming in.

What time of day was your "canoe" trip, it looks very dark and was thinking it might be late afternoon??

What time of day was your "canoe" trip, it looks very dark and was thinking it might be late afternoon??

Since we were on the canoe trip as well, I can tell you... we left at 7:30 a.m. for the excursion, so about 8 when the boat left the docks. So we got to the area around 9:15 I'd say. Probably around 10:30ish is when we were at the glacier. Spend some time there, then do everything in reverse, with some lunch around noon at their base camp.

Since we were on the canoe trip as well, I can tell you... we left at 7:30 a.m. for the excursion, so about 8 when the boat left the docks. So we got to the area around 9:15 I'd say. Probably around 10:30ish is when we were at the glacier. Spend some time there, then do everything in reverse, with some lunch around noon at their base camp.

Yes, kctwinmommy is correct.....it was in the morning...there were later starting times of this same excursion thought....as we were leaving another one was arriving (they ate lunch FIRST).

It was very overcasted but no rain!! :)

I want to say we were back in Skagway around 2 ish?

If you were really adventurous you could do another excursion in the afternoon? All aboard wasn't until 8:30 pm

We were wiped out thought. LOL Glad I didn't try and sign us up for anything else.

Yes, kctwinmommy is correct.....it was in the morning...there were later starting times of this same excursion thought....as we were leaving another one was arriving (they ate lunch FIRST).

It was very overcasted but no rain!! :)

I want to say we were back in Skagway around 2 ish?

If you were really adventurous you could do another excursion in the afternoon? All aboard wasn't until 8:30 pm

We were wiped out thought. LOL Glad I didn't try and sign us up for anything else.

Yeah, we walked around for a bit in Skagway, bought some awesome fresh made donuts and grabbed a drink before heading back to the ship. We were exhausted too!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...