Willdra’s Magnificent Carnival Magic July 9-16 Cruise

willdra

We all had reservations for dinner at Cucina at 7:30 because of the free carafe of wine on the first night. Do we even need another reason?? We had arancini, calamari, and eggplant parmigiana for appetizers. For our main course I had spaghetti carbonara, W had sirloin with potatoes, K had Shrimp with side of spaghetti, and T had Chicken Parmesan.

Our waiter, Ferenc also brought more appetizers and another carafe of wine while we were waiting for our entrées. This of course earned him major cool points, a nice tip, and an honorable mention on the survey! Carnival please promote this man!!

Here's some of the food. I didn't get it all because I was dining with a bunch of savages who attacked the food as soon as it was put down, as if they had not eaten in months! Real talk though, somebody needs to check to make sure Ferenc still has all of his fingers! :eek:

Calamari

28431316836_96295cc384_n.jpg

Arancini

28463660035_4aeaf06ac6_n.jpg

Spaghetti Carbonara

27847446533_e364b6b93a_m.jpg

We went to martini tasting at Alchemy which is always delicious! Ioachim is an excellent Alchemist!

The Alchemy Bar is located on Deck 5 in Ocean Plaza:

28140518360_97f5a07c9b_n.jpg

Here are the choices for the Martini Tasting:

28356099665_f0d60b5a77_n.jpg

It was soon time to go to the welcome aboard show. Rev. Dr. E puts on a good show! He works well off of the audience!

Next, we left and went to the comedy show. After the day that we had, laughter was mandatory to cancel out the bad juju and obvious voodoo curse on our heads that day! The comedian was good, not great and he was more for the mature crowd. His name is Mike Speenberg.

Then it was back to the cabin and bed.

I thanked God for allowing us to take another cruise and for getting us through all of this day with a happy healthy marriage still, AND there was no trauma to our face or lips!!! Success!!!

Willdra, do you remember how much the martini tasting was? Thanks for a fabulous review!

Loved reading through this review before and after our last trip this past december on the Magic. It has only been a couple of months and we loved it so much we already booked a trip on Magic again for week before Christmas again this year! Will be sad to see her leave next year BUT so looking forward to the Breeze and already looking at bookings for Christmas 2018.

You will all love the Magic and it will fast become your favorite ship too, dont forget to try the Tandoor grill, by far the best tasting food on the ship...:)

Loved reading through this review before and after our last trip this past december on the Magic. It has only been a couple of months and we loved it so much we already booked a trip on Magic again for week before Christmas again this year! Will be sad to see her leave next year BUT so looking forward to the Breeze and already looking at bookings for Christmas 2018.

You will all love the Magic and it will fast become your favorite ship too, dont forget to try the Tandoor grill, by far the best tasting food on the ship...:)

Thanks for reading my review! The Breeze is also an amazing ship!!! 😁 We loved the style, color scheme, and size. She's beautiful, and you will not be disappointed!!! Heck now I wanna go back on her!!! 😜🎉🛳🎉

• 4 months later...

Love your reviews and just found and started reading this particular cruise review. This one caught my attention as it happened to be our family cruise last year, and day 1 was a bit out of the ordinary!! LOL. Looking forward to reading your review all the way through and seeing if we have any further thoughts to add!

Love your reviews and just found and started reading this particular cruise review. This one caught my attention as it happened to be our family cruise last year, and day 1 was a bit out of the ordinary!! LOL. Looking forward to reading your review all the way through and seeing if we have any further thoughts to add!

Thank you for reading this! [emoji847] Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately we don't cruise again until May. [emoji17]We are going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras tho, so at least we will have some excitement to hold us until the cruise!! ⚜️[emoji322][emoji322]⚜️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be glad to see a review of Mardi Gras!

• 2 years later...

Thanks so much for this review ! I am working my way back through all your reviews as I try to keep my mind on cruising again when this quarantine business is over ! Do you still have one scheduled in the future? I am supposed to be on the Madrid Gras Dec. 5. if they are sailing by then. I would love to sail with you some day. You have such a positive attitude and such a wonderful writing style ! You make me laugh and that is a gift !!  Thank you again !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, teacher34 said:

Thanks so much for this review ! I am working my way back through all your reviews as I try to keep my mind on cruising again when this quarantine business is over ! Do you still have one scheduled in the future?

We were scheduled to sail the Horizon May 2, then Panorama Aug 22, now back to Horizon Aug 22. Da Rona is doing Tha Cha Cha Slide with all of our bookings. It has literally been “Slide to the left. Slide to the right. Criss Cross. Criss Cross. Cha cha real smooth”. We will roll with whateva happens next tho. Hopefully it will be “Everybody clap your hands”! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:42 AM, Jamman54 said:

Hey  Wildra! We know that dance very well. Had four cruises canceled for this year. We'll all be back at it when the time is right. Stay safe! 😎

Hey Jeff! I’m looking forward to reading your “Post Rona Review” already! 😃😃

• 3 months later...

I am REALLY appreciating the past reviews...and enjoying digging up and re-reading...

Trainman & Judith/Carol ..check

St Greg ...check

Wildra... check

now off to find all the Jammans!

Just can't remember all the reviewer names or which board they are on since I look at most.

THANKS WILDRA!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, spiritkat090909 said:

I am REALLY appreciating the past reviews...and enjoying digging up and re-reading...

Trainman & Judith/Carol ..check

St Greg ...check

Wildra... check

now off to find all the Jammans!

Just can't remember all the reviewer names or which board they are on since I look at most.

THANKS WILDRA!

Wow, thank you for including me with those revered reviewers! 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 2:00 PM, willdra said:

Awwww that was so sweet! I really am enjoying putting this all together so much! I can't wait to go on my next cruise so I can write about it too!

I’m a late bloomer for sure and just finding this review but I LOVE IT!  I nearly choked on my soda when I read “Gladys Knight and the Pips”!  Lol. That was fantastic.  Thank you, thank you.  I know what you mean about enjoying writing when you get home.  I’ve only done two reviews so far....Fascination and Horizon....but looking forward to writing about whatever is next.  Mine aren’t as funny as yours, but I’m working on it!

So....Magic is a strong contender for 2022 if my November cruise gets cancelled, which is quite likely.

Now back to your awesome review......

• Haha 1