Willdra’s Magnificent Carnival Magic July 9-16 Cruise

willdra

LOVE this review. You have a gift! Thank you for taking the time to post each day and the little details and tips! :D

We sail the Magic in Sept on the Eastern route. 1st cruise for my 'I don't like being in a group of tourists' husband. He's taking one for the team to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I'm still shocked he's doing this!:eek:

Hi, I just started reading your review today and had to let you know how much I'm enjoying it so far, love your humor, girl you have me cracking up. I just love this type of review.

Can't spend too much time writing this, have to get back to reading the review, I'm only on page 3. Lol

By the way I see we'll be on the vista together for Mothers Day next year, can't wait for that one. See you then hopefully

LOVE this review. You have a gift! Thank you for taking the time to post each day and the little details and tips! :D

We sail the Magic in Sept on the Eastern route. 1st cruise for my 'I don't like being in a group of tourists' husband. He's taking one for the team to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I'm still shocked he's doing this!:eek:

I'm really looking forward to doing the Eastern on our cruise in Oct. It's my favorite, and you and your husband are going to love it!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOVE your writing style...great review! Also looking at Yaya beach now.

OMG I can't say enough great things about YaYa!!!! It was all that and then some!!! [emoji122]🏾[emoji122]🏾[emoji122]🏾[emoji7][emoji7]

Hi, I just started reading your review today and had to let you know how much I'm enjoying it so far, love your humor, girl you have me cracking up. I just love this type of review.

Can't spend too much time writing this, have to get back to reading the review, I'm only on page 3. Lol

By the way I see we'll be on the vista together for Mothers Day next year, can't wait for that one. See you then hopefully

Thank you and I am looking forward to sailing the Vista too! From what I've seen, it's top notch! ️[emoji1]

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience to those of us anxiously awaiting to sail on the magic. We leave on the 13th but are doing the Eastern itinerary. We are celebrating my 40th birthday. Will be traveling with kids so your experience is a little different and more relaxing than ours will be lol but we are hopeful to get some time in serenity. The title of your post got me with "magnificent carnival magic". Either you are super easy going or that was sarcasm. I would be freaking the f out if some of those things happened to me ! Especially since I've been waiting so long for this trip! But I am going to remember your post and try to roll with it no matter how crowded or hectic things are. We have never sailed this time of year so I'm a little nervous about all the lines and crowds you encountered. My husband is not the most patient either. I so wish you were on that sailing. With a personality and attitude like yours, who wouldn't want to be around you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey girl, heyyyyyyyyyyy! Loved your review. I especially loved your nightly prayers, something I would probably do since I have a senior citizen husband, who swears he knows EVERYTHING (lol)!!! Can't wait for you to cruise again so I can read another one of your wonderful reviews. Oh and by the way, what's the deal with "renting" bug spray...IJS! Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful cruise.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience to those of us anxiously awaiting to sail on the magic. We leave on the 13th but are doing the Eastern itinerary. We are celebrating my 40th birthday. Will be traveling with kids so your experience is a little different and more relaxing than ours will be lol but we are hopeful to get some time in serenity. The title of your post got me with "magnificent carnival magic". Either you are super easy going or that was sarcasm. I would be freaking the f out if some of those things happened to me ! Especially since I've been waiting so long for this trip! But I am going to remember your post and try to roll with it no matter how crowded or hectic things are. We have never sailed this time of year so I'm a little nervous about all the lines and crowds you encountered. My husband is not the most patient either. I so wish you were on that sailing. With a personality and attitude like yours, who wouldn't want to be around you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so grateful that you took the time to write this!!❤️❤️ ❤️❤️ You are bringing 40 in like a boss!!! I wish I was going too, but I have to work and make more money first! [emoji27] Have a warm chocolate melting cake for me!! [emoji39]

Hey girl, heyyyyyyyyyyy! Loved your review. I especially loved your nightly prayers, something I would probably do since I have a senior citizen husband, who swears he knows EVERYTHING (lol)!!! Can't wait for you to cruise again so I can read another one of your wonderful reviews. Oh and by the way, what's the deal with "renting" bug spray...IJS! Thanks for taking us along on your wonderful cruise.

LMBO @ everything!!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] OMG I'm going to start calling W a Senior Citizen tomorrow!! Y'all send somebody to look for me if I don't post for a couple of days!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I don't post very often but just had to let you know how much I'm enjoying your review. You are a very gifted storyteller:):) I was hooked from the very beginning.

Thank you!!!!! I am so happy that it was well received. I really worried that it wouldn't be, and I almost didn't post it. [emoji846]

Can you tell me if there were any live bands on the Magic?

When we cruised on the Dream we loved the Blackjack Band that was in the Ocean Plaza on Deck 5. That was our hangout every night.

I know Carnival has scaled back some on their bands but I'm hoping the Magic will have a good one like the Dream does.

Thank you!

Great review. We were also on this cruise! Although my wife and I are only red level we were travelling with a couple who are platinum's so we were able to 'tag along' and benefit from some of their perks, ie: priority restaurant seating and disembarkation in Belize. Fortunately we hadn't booked anything for Routan and were apparently one of the few people pleased to hear we would be going to Key West instead as it's somewhere we've always wanted to visit. The hour spent in the parkade during the 'bomb scare' was brutal but the wait got much more bearable once we were moved into the adjacent AC'ed building. Looking at possibly a Mediterranean cruise next summer and hoping the Vista's still over there.

So glad to see you joined the Roll call for the Oct. cruise. I will make an effort to meet you, hopping we have a G&M party on the cruise. You mentioned the Vista on one of your Posts. LOL So glad you did, Wife and I are booked for the New Years Eve cruise. Oh how we are looking forward to that one. I just hope I can stay awake until midnight :)

Can you tell me if there were any live bands on the Magic?

When we cruised on the Dream we loved the Blackjack Band that was in the Ocean Plaza on Deck 5. That was our hangout every night.

I know Carnival has scaled back some on their bands but I'm hoping the Magic will have a good one like the Dream does.

Thank you!

Yes there are live bands I am attaching a couple of days from the Funtimes. [emoji6]ada265ac2963387a9dfb7729c122d3f4.jpg8703ffc6daa2b813a3738060c3ac265a.jpg

So glad to see you joined the Roll call for the Oct. cruise. I will make an effort to meet you, hopping we have a G&M party on the cruise. You mentioned the Vista on one of your Posts. LOL So glad you did, Wife and I are booked for the New Years Eve cruise. Oh how we are looking forward to that one. I just hope I can stay awake until midnight :)

LOL [emoji23] The Vista on New Years Eve will be so cool! Please stay awake and let us know how it goes!!! [emoji1]️[emoji102]

This has made my Saturday morning coffee even more delicious.

LOVED your review!!! Love love loved it

We are taking a back to back on this ship, Eastern and Western Caribbean out of PC in March/April.

It is also to celebrate my 40th bday and we are going with our kids too so I have something in common with a previous poster...Lisam81276

I really really enjoyed the write up. It made it seem like you were set on having fun from the beginning which is much like our family.

We are lucky have done many cruises, so we keep the " Life is good when your on a ship" mentality.

We know how lucky we are to be there and will ALWAYS try to see the positive in things.

Thanks again for doing the review.

Very appreciated!!!

Safe Travels.

My cruising buddy sent me your way and I'm instantly a fan and totally LOVING your review! Thanks for sharing your fun with all of us! We are super excited to be on the Magic October 1st! When I was on the Dream, the Seaday Brunch menu offered Bacon Mac n Cheese as an entrée. I really hope they didn't stop serving that because I agree it is DIVINE! Thanks for getting us even more excited for our upcoming sailing!

My alarm went off at 7, but we got up at 7:30 (I know that’s a huge snooze, but that Interior Cabin induces sleep!). You can tell we were also trying to get those last few minutes of vacay before we jumped back into the struggle! W got ready first and since he was getting impatient, again, I sent him to collect the liquor that we bought during the cruise. That took all of about 10 minutes, and soon he was back in the cabin waiting for me to finish getting ready. We walked out of the cabin around 8:15. K and T did self assist, so they left as soon as it was called, which was probably around the time that we were getting up. We had Zone 1 luggage tags, and they had just called it, so the only thing left was to find the shortest line off of the ship! Yep, you are thinking what I was thinking: Good luck with that girlfriend!

Goodbye Coma-Cabin!

28400529630_5f0de77d58.jpg

Deck 3 forward was our destination so we walked all the way forward on 2 then up the stairs to 3. It was teeming with people! It looked like the Zombie Apocalypse! There were half-awake people wandering around mumbling incoherently everywhere! At first we thought they were all just gathering there, and right as W was getting antsy, the line started moving very slowly. One of the biggest issues was that peeps would congregate down there to “wait” to meet their group. With luggage, and bags, and baby iguanas from Belize! W and I are very good at maneuvering through a crowd, so we activated the launch sequence, and kept it moving! It took about 15-20 minutes to get off of the ship from this point.

We grabbed a Porter, picked out our bags, and I called for the shuttle while we waited to clear customs. Yes, we take multitasking to a whole new level! Now the only small area of “concern” for the morning was that our Porter kept asking other Porters where our shuttle would be. He asked the first guy, he answered. Then he asked another guy, he said the same thing as the first. Then he asked still ANOTHER Porter! I didn't say anything, but I was thinking maybe he needed to go back to Porter school because he missed the day that they taught “How to locate the hotel shuttles”. When we got outside he took us to where the shuttles were, and W recognized the same “mature” shuttle driver that we had on embarkation day, so we were good to go!

The Magic from the shuttle window

28318682626_b1f6439e59.jpg

The ride back to the hotel was quick and quiet, and we were back at the hotel to pick up our car in just a few minutes. I went to turn on the car to get the AC going for W (it was the least that I could do, since I wasn't driving), and it hesitated like it didn't want to crank up. Uh oh either our car has an attitude and is throwing a tantrum because we left it for a week in the hot Florida sun, or we need a new battery! We got it started and it was ok for the ride home, but we did have to end up getting the battery replaced a few days later. Thank goodness we made it home safe and sound though!!! #WEWONTHEWEEK

Sniff, sniff, tear, tear! Bye until October Miss Magic!!

27736797743_aa354d413f.jpg

So long farewell, auf weidersehen, adieu!