Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

I hope you write your state and federal politicians to vote in favor of the Patients' Access To Treatment Act. Many formerly very deadly conditions now have treatments that allow a fairly long life but the expense of all the background research companies need to recoup but as others have said they often cut the co-payment for the patient. I am happy they found this before you started feeling the effects of, I assume, CĹL. The new medications are truly wonderful drugs. I lost my brother at 16 to ALL back in 1977 when only 4% made it to 5 years but now that is 86% and growing. CĹL, well, you are Lois! You have this in the bag! Shake your fist at this nasty stuff and keep on cruising! My thoughts are with you and all those bravely facing cancer.

Sue

So very sorry to hear that you have to go through this! My thoughts and prayers are with you Lois, as you enter this new phase of your life. Here on CC you are the epitome of the strong, independant woman, living out the life of many peoples' dreams. Keep that strength as you learn how to incorporate your new reality into your day-to-day life. And also remember that you have MANY friends here at CC ready and willing to give you all the emotional support you need on those days when you just can't quite wrap your hands around your own inner strength. ;)

To Lois, sherilyn70, dulcimergirl, and anyone/everyone here on CC who is dealing with Cancer...“The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.” – C.C. Scott

You girls are awesome:)....thanks for all the good information and kind

words.

I will speak with the Doc tomorrow for sure about the drug company,

the pills and hopefully they will give me price break on them.

Hi, Lois

Sorry you have to go through this.

My dh was put on a pill that would have cost $900 a month. Not as high as what your medication is, but still high.

Our doctor gave us a form (from the drug manufacturer) to fill out on-line and the prescription now costs us $4.00 a month. Don't worry about the meds until/unless you have to. Ask for help as to what to do from your doctor.

Hi, Lois

Sorry you have to go through this.

My dh was put on a pill that would have cost $900 a month. Not as high as what your medication is, but still high.

Our doctor gave us a form (from the drug manufacturer) to fill out on-line and the prescription now costs us $4.00 a month. Don't worry about the meds until/unless you have to. Ask for help as to what to do from your doctor.

Thanks so much:).....4.00/month? From 900.00? I would take 900.00

a month from $4000.00........

But certainly If I can get it down to double digits per month...well,

that would be the ultimate.

But as many of you have said, stressing about the $$$ is not going

to do anything for me at this point.

Lois,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Sending you love, light and all good thoughts for the highest outcome. You have been a light to so many of us on these boards, I want to thank you for that. We still have plenty of time to get to sail together!

I just did a double check to see what the discount was for my Votrient. It took a 9k a month drug down to $25. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This is for drugs by Novartis.

http://copay.novartisoncology.com

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

WOW....I had no idea about this stuff....thank you:)

A BIG THANK YOU again........after clicking on that link, I decided to

use my friend GOOGLE:)....I didn't know about the different companies/

foundations that help with financial assistance for meds.....

One is the American Cancer Society and they have links for Prescription

Drug Assistance programs too.

Lois,

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I'll add you to my daily prayer list - every little prayer helps, I truly believe. We all must rely on the kindness of strangers in our lives.

If it comes to needing that obscenely expensive meds, the ladies here have offered some valuable information on those drug companies. I have not had to deal with a catastrophic illness, but my BFF is dealing with MS. She has been able to get reduced-pricing assistance on some of her meds also. So, it is possible. And, think about getting a financial planner to help come up with a new plan to adjust with the new financial hits you will be taking.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you!

Lois,

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I'll add you to my daily prayer list - every little prayer helps, I truly believe. We all must rely on the kindness of strangers in our lives.

If it comes to needing that obscenely expensive meds, the ladies here have offered some valuable information on those drug companies. I have not had to deal with a catastrophic illness, but my BFF is dealing with MS. She has been able to get reduced-pricing assistance on some of her meds also. So, it is possible. And, think about getting a financial planner to help come up with a new plan to adjust with the new financial hits you will be taking.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you!

Thanks for the kind words:)...as for a financial planner? I am the type

of person who is pretty frugal...my monthly expenses are low (thankfully)

I have no car payment or mortgage payment (my condo is paid for)

so not much I would have to give up (well, vacations/cruises would be

put on the back burner of course). But thank you for the suggestion:)

Oh, I will definitely be reaching out for the financial aid on the drugs though!

Edited by Lois R

Lois,

I prayed for you before writing this post. The all mighty hand of God will touch you and heal you. With him all healing is possible. The Dr. is positive that you will be fine. Believe in that. Surround yourself with things that make you happy. You are blessed to have a form that can be cured,

Blessing being sent to you.

Maria

Hello everyone:)

Well, the procedure went ok....though I am a bit sore. Doc said that

is normal after having to get multiple shots to numb the area and then

scraping the bone:eek: He will have the final answer on Friday but he

actually called the lab while I was still there.....they said it is what he

had told me last week....CML.....a form of Chronic Leukemia that can

be treated with a pill.

THE BEST NEWS OF ALL.......they have a FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for

the meds and I will not have to pay more than 25.00 per month. When

the counselor told me about this CO-PAY they have, I actually had happy

tears:)

She was the nicest person....actually EVERYONE was kind.....they have

this gal who helps with all kinds of counseling, financial, emotional

support, etc.

Thank you all for caring:)

Oh Lois, that is great news indeed! I'm still sorry you have to deal with this at all, but thank God it is not life threatening nor as financially devastating as you had feared! All-in-all this was a good day for you! God speed to you as you move forward Lois! Now, get back to planning your cruises and sharing all your experiences with your friends here on CC! :D

Thanks Bonnie:)....I just could not believe it when she explained it all

to me......I had even called The American Cancer Society this morning

about connections for Financial Aid.

Instead of me making more phone calls, the folks at the Cancer Center

are going to contact the drug company on my behalf.

Wonderful, wonderful news Lois. Thank you for updating us! I'm sorry that you have to go through this but it sounds like you're being given the tools and the strength to deal with it. Thanks again for being such a positive kind member on these boards

Debbie

See? I told you out was easy to get that aid for the Co pay. :) Any good hospital or cancer center will have a social worker on hand to walk you through everything. They want to make sure you can pay them, lol.

Bone marrow biopsies are annoying but thankfully not very painful. My husband squirmed more watching them do it than i did. The only time i swore in pain during it was that initial lidocaine shot, lol. It stung like hell! I remember asking if that was the biopsy and they laughed and said no, that was the shot to numb you. After that it was all good. A little soreness and some ibuprofen for the next 2 or 3 days and then you'll forget all about it.

See? I told you out was easy to get that aid for the Co pay. :) Any good hospital or cancer center will have a social worker on hand to walk you through everything. They want to make sure you can pay them, lol.

Bone marrow biopsies are annoying but thankfully not very painful. My husband squirmed more watching them do it than i did. The only time i swore in pain during it was that initial lidocaine shot, lol. It stung like hell! I remember asking if that was the biopsy and they laughed and said no, that was the shot to numb you. After that it was all good. A little soreness and some ibuprofen for the next 2 or 3 days and then you'll forget all about it.

Hi Sherilyn, I asked them the same thing;).....not realizing it was the

lidocaine.

The Dr told me NOT to take Ibruprofen.....but if I need something for

pain to take Tylonynel.

Hi Sherilyn, I asked them the same thing;).....not realizing it was the

lidocaine.

The Dr told me NOT to take Ibruprofen.....but if I need something for

pain to take Tylonynel.

Good point. Once you start treatment Tylenol is your only over the counter choice. The others thin the blood.

Good point. Once you start treatment Tylenol is your only over the counter choice. The others thin the blood.

Ahhhh........my sister said the same thing. I had to take 2 Tylenol. My

back feels sore already.