Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

Sometimes I get so tired of people arguing or being rude on CC. I also wonder about discord in general in the US and beyond. What is wrong with the world?:(

Then I come to this thread to see the love, compassion, and goodness that restores my faith in mankind.:) Sherilyn,you are an inspiration to us all. The help you are able to give Lois is priceless although unfortunate how you've come by your knowledge.

Lois, I'm wishing only the best for you and the same for Sherilyn. 🌞

Thank you. [emoji169] [emoji170] [emoji171] [emoji172] [emoji173]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Lois, I was an infrequent contributor to the original "Off Topic" thread - and also posted to "The Dress", following Sue's journey. I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and the issues you are having with your medication. Hopefully the bureaucratic issues will sort themselves out soon so it will be one less thing for you to worry over.

Sherilyn - I've seen you post a number of times over the years, indicating you had cancer, while offering asisstance to others - and want to thank you for your strength. You have such a passion for life; others would have given up long ago, but you face each obstacle head on. You are truly an inspiration.

I will keep both of you (and everyone battling cancers) in my prayers and will send good vibes to you as well.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Lois, I was an infrequent contributor to the original "Off Topic" thread - and also posted to "The Dress", following Sue's journey.

I will keep both of you (and everyone battling cancers) in my prayers and will send good vibes to you as well.

Gerry

I was thinking about Sue (KamloopsCruisers) and "The Dress" recently! In fact, every time I see a bright and beautiful evening gown, I think about her beautiful journey with that dress! God bless her!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6141167&postcount=1

97721496_TheDress003.jpg.e5a9f7b0bc245bec2e36367bc10a15ee.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

Bonnie, a lot of ladies may have missed Sue's journey. I know I did when someone first mentioned it but I did a search and found the details. Oh what a story.

Just thought this sums up the ladies around here.a9b62afa0600ecf52ef6d0be8840310c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about Sue (KamloopsCruisers) and "The Dress" recently! In fact, every time I see a bright and beautiful evening gown, I think about her beautiful journey with that dress! God bless her!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=6141167&postcount=1

As do I. I think of her often, wondering how her daughter is. I heard her husband (Rick) remarried a few years ago; I hope they are all well and happy.

Gerry

Hi girls, I have my first Dr's appt on Monday afternoon (first follow up since

I started the meds).......hoping he says they are doing their job.

I have to go once a month going forward for them to take my blood.

Ho Lois, just saw your post on the Rivercruise Forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness and all the frustrations you are having. Hope all goes more smoothly going forward. Prayers and good thoughts for you and the success of your treatment. I'll be checking this forum for your updates.

On another, happier topic, you are going to love the Canada New England cruise. We did that one a few years ago and really enjoyed it....until hurricane Sandy joined us😡😡 Anyway, I'd love to go again-hmm wonder if there are any cabins left on your sailing?😊 Sharon

Hi girls, the medicine is working:).....The Dr said the blood count

has gone waaayyyy down.........(thankfully). They will be a lifetime of

meds but they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Sharon, I don't know if there are cabins left.......check it out. It is on

on Serenade of the Seas Oct 16th.

And thank you for the good thoughts:)

Hi girls, the medicine is working.....The Dr said the blood count has gone waaayyyy down.........(thankfully). They will be a lifetime of meds but they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Yayyyy!!! A lifetime of meds, yes, but better than the alternative!

Lois hello . I usually look on these threads when ever we have an upcoming cruise. I just saw this and hope you are doing well. It sounds as though you have the same thing my dad's girlfriend has and she has had it for several years now. She has it under control with medication and the monitoring of her doctors. Every once in a while she has some strange set back but quickly bounces back. Her's would not have even been diagnosed if not for a mini stroke she had and while doing tests to figure out what caused it they found the cancer. I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck and God Bless.

Thanks so much........but get this.......I have had a sore heel for the

past few days and yesterday it got really bad.....VERY painful:eek:

Had to see the Podiatrist today and I have Planter Factitious......:rolleyes:

My ankle/heel are wrapped and I have to do stretching exercises with

a towel....have a follow up with the Dr next week.

If it is not one thing............who said folks aren't given more things

than they can handle? Or some such saying?:confused:

Hi girls, the medicine is working:).....The Dr said the blood count

has gone waaayyyy down.........(thankfully). They will be a lifetime of

meds but they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Sharon, I don't know if there are cabins left.......check it out. It is on

on Serenade of the Seas Oct 16th.

And thank you for the good thoughts:)

What wonderful news! thanks for updating us Lois, & hope your heel problem can be taken care of smoothly. :)

Debbie

Lois, sorry to hear about the plantar fasciitis :mad: - I had it once, took awhile to go away but it finally did. Just keep doing your exercises, wear the proper shoes, etc. Hope it goes away quickly, last thing you need!

Lois, here is a link to a great video with some tips for your Plantar Fasciitis. I suffered with PF off and on in both feet for years! I eventually got it under control though, and with stretches and good arch support, I have stayed pain-free for a long time now! :-)

Here's the link, there are some good tips here! https://www.healthoutcome.org/condition/5/plantar-fasciitis/recommendation/73?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Boost&utm_campaign=PRTipDrJo

Hi Bonnie.....good morning....thanks for the link:)........you had it in

both feet?:eek: OMG......I thought 1 foot was bad.....not sure how you

walked at all if both feet were bad.:(

I think I may try Vionic's.....they make some very cute styles with

excellent support and I guess I have get used to NOT going barefoot

around the house anymore.....I normally never wear anything on my

feet here at home.

Hi Bonnie.....good morning....thanks for the link:)........you had it in

both feet?:eek: OMG......I thought 1 foot was bad.....not sure how you

walked at all if both feet were bad.:(

I think I may try Vionic's.....they make some very cute styles with

excellent support and I guess I have get used to NOT going barefoot

around the house anymore.....I normally never wear anything on my

feet here at home.

Yes, both feet at the same time...AND I was pregnant at the time (well over 20 years ago) so the added weight of the pregnancy added insult to injury! I have not had problems in years though, but I learned to NEVER go barefoot! I step out of bed in the morning, into a flip-flop with arch support (of which Vionic makes several)! Birkenstocks are great for relief from PF pain as well! There are loads of choices of shoes with good arch support available these days though! No reason to ever feel like you are wearing grandma's orthopedic clodhoppers! :eek:;):D You can also purchase "stick-on" arches at almost any local drugstore, to turn some of your existing flat shoes into something more supportive! Good luck with your feet and everything else you are dealing with! God bless!

Lois, I now have to wear shoes in the house also, otherwise I'm hobbling around flat-footed (arthritis). That's why I wear Keens all the time. I have specific house shoes that don't go outside. They're the Keen yoga shoes. About as ugly as they come, lol, but very supportive. You'll figure it out.

Oh, Lois! I just found this thread, and what an emotional roller coaster you have been on since late July!

I've always considered you my "fashion bestie" on CC, because you and I have similar tastes in evening clothes.

When I read your first post, my heart skipped a beat. Then, it was a marathon of ups and downs. I am so happy your medication is working, and that you (through the advice of various people on this board) were able to get the cost pretty much eliminated. I worked for Blue Cross for 16 years and always felt the premiums paid for years should be "banked" for a subscriber for future claims. Silly me.

I am thrilled you had your wonderful Europe trip before all the chaos, and now that your blood count is down, you can truly look forward to next month's cruise!

My very, very best wishes to you!