Sel de Mer?

OTOW guy

anyone tried it yet and how did you like it? What did dinner cost? We can dine at 1/2 price as 4*.
It is ala carte pricing, so it can vary. No pre-charge when you book it. InTheWASide posted a menu when he did his long thread on the inaugural cruise. And yes, the 3*/4* discounts apply.

edit: found the menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49801527&highlight=sel+de+mer+menu#post49801527

and following posts

Laffnvegas said they are open for lunch with the same menu.

Edited by catl331

We were on over the 4th of July and our dinner at sel de Mer was mostly positive. Only dish which was less than stellar were the mussels which were tough. Otherwise it was one of the best meals on the cruise. After the 4* discount ours came to $33 for two.

Also they had changed the schedule and were no longer open for lunch

Also they had changed the schedule and were no longer open for lunch
I was very surprised when Lisa Laffnvegas reported it being open for lunch since the Tamarind no longer is. Maybe it was just done temporarily because of high demand initially for dinner reservations. Edited by catl331

we really enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was the best service we had at any meal onboard (Gladys from Holland).

My wife had 2 starters and no dessert, I had starter, main and dessert plus we had a couple of sides and it was $58 so same as a PG dinner (although that is technically less food).

Food was of a high standard, I thought the seafood bouillibase was excellent,

It is a small intimate space.

Our only negatives were we had a poor table facing the serving desk (not sure why it is in middle of restaurant and we noticed servers arguing/questioning each other in the middle of the floor (something that also occurred in the PG).

IMO - better than PG but on a value basis not as good as Canneletto or Tamarind

I notice that for my October cruise on the Koningsdam they are offering a 5 dinning package deal for all five restaurants for $104.00.

My question is how would that work with Sel de Mer on an a la carte basis?

I have called HAL (uk) who intimated that there would be a set menu in Sel de Mer for this package...mmm not quite convinced and wondered if anyone had experience of this.

I notice that for my October cruise on the Koningsdam they are offering a 5 dinning package deal for all five restaurants for $104.00.

My question is how would that work with Sel de Mer on an a la carte basis?

I have called HAL (uk) who intimated that there would be a set menu in Sel de Mer for this package...mmm not quite convinced and wondered if anyone had experience of this.

This was not offered on our recent Koningsdam cruise. It proved that Hal are listening to those of us who have sailed her as we were recommending these kind of packages. I assume the 5th restaurant is CAC and not de libreje, which would mean they are also accepting that feedback and repricing that restaurant as I doubt the $39 unlimited wine pricing would be included in that package (my guess is they are "charging" around $25 minus wine). Not sure how they will do sel de mer but probably allow you to have a set menu of lower priced items with a surcharge for higher.

It sounds like a good initiative to me.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes teamflames the 5th restaurant is CAC and I will give the package a try and see what unfolds as it seems like a pretty reasonable deal to me!

It`s also good to know that previous comments are being taken in account.

Edited by Charlies Aunt