New Residential Cruiseliner - Orphalese

bepsf

Unless things have changed in the last couple of years I would like to make some corrections here. My sister worked on the World for over three years, she still has ties with many people including both captains to this day (one of the captains is actually going to work on the new ship Orphalese.) I also work on ships and have visited her ship many times (when we docked in the same ports during our travels).

Unless this has changed since she left, you are required to have a primary residence on land somewhere.

Also you can eat in the main restaurant without charge, however there are speciality restaurants that you can pay extra for (but let's face it, these people most of whom are multi millionaires don't care about this.)

You have full kitchens in your apartment, you can also have a chef and wait staff come to your apartment and cook and serve meals.

You are allowed to have guests stay in your apartment as you would in your home on land.

Very few people rent out their apartments, because they are rich and don't need to do this. Some of the people who live onboard are people like the owners of Loreal, the woman who invented the Scrunchy, a Sheikh from Turkey (who was going to buy the whole ship at one point).

A few years ago, whilst my sister was still working onboard, the residents got fed up of all of the guests coming on and started buying the vacant apartments, eventually they bought the ship from the company and now the residents actually own the ship! (that's how rich they are!)

Remember this is a ship for millionaires so whether they pay for dinner or have to pay for guests is as inconsequential as whether we buy a pack of gum or not!

just this past month The World was on the travel channel..

i think i could live like that for a while..then the wife would

slap me outa my dream..:confused:

more realisticly..only hitting the LOTTO would get me me a

resident..even then..only a couple months of the yr while

hitting my favorite dream port s..:p

• 2 weeks later...
just this past month The World was on the travel channel..

i think i could live like that for a while..then the wife would

slap me outa my dream..:confused:

more realisticly..only hitting the LOTTO would get me me a

resident..even then..only a couple months of the yr while

hitting my favorite dream port s..:p

That is an old show that's being shown, well if it's the one that tells of the woman who works in the Internet cafe and also being part of the duo in the lounge then it's the same one I saw. That was actually made before 2003, before my sister even worked there. It's changed since then, well the ship looks the same but what I posted about the residents buying out the ship form the original owners happened much later than that.

• 4 weeks later...

Overall if you ask me the four seasons looks to be much better than the orphalese. The orphalese seems to be to big for a residential cruise ship.

I also think that the shopping idea is insane. I think that the ship [if it is built] wont be near as successful as the world or the four seasons. It also seems to bland in decor for my taste. THe four seasons has so much more color and is better in price and size.

• 3 years later...

Archived