Alcohol in the morning?

I was always able to find a bar open by 7:00 AM (usually one of the pool bars) to get some Bailey's for my coffee on the Getaway last week...When you have the UBP, might as well not waste any time!

We have the UBP on our Med cruise on the Epic. Will I be able to get boozy drinks in the morning with breakfast?

I've never cruised, but morning mimosas (yes, plural -- don't judge!) were always one of my favorite parts of an all inclusive resort.

Yes.

I love critical questions like these. Especially when asked by someone whose username starts with "mom".

Morning cheers to everyone! :)

And of these folks wouldn't even give it a second thought if it wasn't for the

U A P. Its also why we saw so many drunken obnoxious people on our Jan cruise.:mad:

We have the UBP on our Med cruise on the Epic. Will I be able to get boozy drinks in the morning with breakfast?

I've never cruised, but morning mimosas (yes, plural -- don't judge!) were always one of my favorite parts of an all inclusive resort.

Good question! I just checked recent Dailies for Epic and if you are looking for early morning, the Garden Cafe and the Atrium Cafe bars open at 7am. The pool bar opens at 8am and Spice H2O at 9am!

Good to know because I have early morning excursions. [emoji1][emoji898][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And of these folks wouldn't even give it a second thought if it wasn't for the

U A P. Its also why we saw so many drunken obnoxious people on our Jan cruise.:mad:

Can I ask what the UAP is that you think makes people 'drunken obnoxious'?

Maybe you are one of those always unhappy people that others often see on vacation and you assume everyone is drunk because they are laughing and having a good time. We have ALL seen those crabby people.

Lighten up and chill dude; maybe have a nice cocktail! (heehee):)

Edited by Cruisercl

Maybe you are one of those always unhappy people that others often see on vacation and you assume everyone is drunk because they are laughing and having a good time. We have ALL seen those crabby people.

I will take a guess UAP = Unlimited Alcohol Program.

A good friend of mine used to say "try it, ya just might like it"

OMG, that's so true! I had a crankella accuse me of being tipsy because I was enjoying myself and giggling at a funny story my friends were sharing. I hadn't had a drop to drink (yet). Maybe for some it takes alcohol to have fun, so they can't imagine it any other way?

So friggin true! I honestly believe that miserable people absolutely HATE seeing people have fun. I like to drink on my cruises. Let me rephrase, I like to drink A LOT on my cruises. I don't cause trouble, I don't bother people, I just have fun. The nasty looks I get from all the crankypants people crack me up. If you're so miserable in life, and seeing people drink and enjoy themselves upsets you, stay home and don't go on a cruise.. What a crappy was to go through life :p

So friggin true! I honestly believe that miserable people absolutely HATE seeing people have fun. I like to drink on my cruises. Let me rephrase, I like to drink A LOT on my cruises. I don't cause trouble, I don't bother people, I just have fun. The nasty looks I get from all the crankypants people crack me up. If you're so miserable in life, and seeing people drink and enjoy themselves upsets you, stay home and don't go on a cruise.. What a crappy was to go through life :p

Lighten up. I don't judge what people do regarding drinking, unless they get out of line. I haven't seen much of that on my cruises,

Still, everyone has the right to an opinion. My Son has been on two NCL cruises were the beverage packages were pretty much universal for everyone and he said that on both cruises the level of crude intoxication was higher than he had ever seen on a cruise. On one cruise, the Sky, he said the obnoxious and crude drunks, were cursing about children and it really was not good.

Sadly there will be people who will abuse the UBP. Their attitude is one of 'I've paid for it and I will get my money's worth'. However, so long as they are not 'loud' drunks and not in my face I don't care.

Having said that, having alcohol in the morning hadn't occurred to me but a mimosa at breakfast sounds like a great idea :D

DH and I have the UBP and intend to make full use of it, but not to the point of getting blind drunk. Seems stupid to me to get to a point where you can't remember anything the following day.

Lighten up. I don't judge what people do regarding drinking, unless they get out of line. I haven't seen much of that on my cruises,

Still, everyone has the right to an opinion. My Son has been on two NCL cruises were the beverage packages were pretty much universal for everyone and he said that on both cruises the level of crude intoxication was higher than he had ever seen on a cruise. On one cruise, the Sky, he said the obnoxious and crude drunks, were cursing about children and it really was not good.

The Sky is a PARTY cruise. When I went, I knew what it was. I wouldn't bring my children on a PARTY cruise.

If you join a Party cruise, you can expect that behavior.

For the OP mimosas take the edge off in the am. Some people have more adrenaline than others. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dealt with drinking problems during a good portion of my career with a transportation company. Drinking is strictly prohibited there, and none of those I had to dismiss for drinking ever realized they had a problem until they were unemployed.

Strange isn't it ?

Crankypants old people are the reason I performed "Baby Got Back" (complete with dance moves) at a karaoke event on a European Princess cruise lmao. It was the singing competition event so it was in a main lounge and attended by a ton of old people. It was amazing.

I dealt with drinking problems during a good portion of my career with a transportation company. Drinking is strictly prohibited there, and none of those I had to dismiss for drinking ever realized they had a problem until they were unemployed.

Strange isn't it ?

Not so strange. Having an alcohol problem in ones everyday life is a problem; having some alcoholic drinks on vacation is not.

I get why recovering alcoholics look at others who drink differently, and maybe with judgmental eyes. Or maybe some people are just unhappy and crabby people who always judge others (I do not mean you Swedish weave). :p

Was on a small ship once. about 700 pass. Went to breakfast at the rear of the boat and ordered a beer with my meal. Several couples looked at me funny and by the 3rd day the others where having beers and mamosa's . During the rest of the cruise the bartender at the back of the ship had drinks ready for the regulars. Just go with the flow.

Edited by rvmike