Linking dining reservations.

I emailed our maitre d 2 weeks before sailing with both our booking #s (2 families of 4 each). Didn't get a response back, but our table #s matched up on our S&S cards on embarkation day, woohoo!!

You got lucky. Sometimes the emails aren't received because of various reasons. I would never chance our bookings not being linked and doing it strictly via email to the ship only.

The only surefire way is to have the actual reservations linked by Carnival. You should also request an invoice once they tell you it's done as it will show in the notes at the bottom. I have never needed to provide a PIN for anyone's else's booking. It's not like you're changing anything in their reservation like from Early Dining to Late Dining, just simply having you sit together. It depends on who you talk to I guess.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I thought if my bookings were linked on carnival.com that would be enough? All 3 bookings are together under my booking page.

No. Just because you have them saved under your profile doesn't mean they are linked. You need to Call and make sure they are in Carnival's system then have them send you an invoice.

Edited by firemanbobswife

If your bookings are properly linked for dining, as someone mentioned, there will be verbiage in the guest notes section of your cruise confirmation like this:

"GUEST NOTES

1) Your booking has been linked with the following reservations for dining xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz."

Where the x's, y's and z's are the other booking numbers linked to yours.

Edited by joepeka

Also be aware if you are linked and wait listed for your preferred dining time-- if one booking gets "in" they unlink everything. It happened to us for our upcoming November cruise. I called and had to relinquish them and give up on changing to the full dining time so it wouldn't happen again

Also be aware if you are linked and wait listed for your preferred dining time-- if one booking gets "in" they unlink everything. It happened to us for our upcoming November cruise. I called and had to relinquish them and give up on changing to the full dining time so it wouldn't happen again

Never heard of that happening before, would think they would keep you together