No Children Cruises

But there are guarantees! There are ships where children are not allowed.....even a UK line that doesn't allow anyone under 40 to board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about this ...

Set to air on TLC on August 19, 40-Year-Old Child: A New Case will delve into the medical mystery behind the unknown syndrome, which affects just a handful of people in the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2386514/TLCs-40-Year-Old-Child-explores-medical-mystery-real-life-Benjamin-Buttons.html#ixzz4IGuRYjMH

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2386514/TLCs-40-Year-Old-Child-explores-medical-mystery-real-life-Benjamin-Buttons.html

or this ...

Because of an unusual aging disorder that has aged him four times faster than a normal human being, a boy enters the fifth grade for the first time with the appearance of a 40 year old man.

http://http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116669/

Not at all. I was just giving a fairly good answer as I doubt that under 18 yo would be allowed on those cruises

It pretty much guarantees a child free cruise

Btw I think it's rude to expect to find a child free cruise in the first place and the way to guarantee it is to book an adults only charter

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You think it's rude to expect to find a child free cruise? There are plenty of adult only AI's. Is it rude to want to go to one of those? I wonder why there are so many of them? :confused:

As has been mentioned P&O cruises out of Southampton offer adult only cruises and very nice they are too! Well worth looking into. Arcadia and Oriana are their adult only ships - the others are family ones. Cruise & Maritime and Fred Olsen are also child free- they sail from a variety of UK ports including Dover & Tilbury, and several others. A bit of online research is called for......

Fred olsen are not child free I have been on three cruises with Fred and all of them had children on board. They are in smaller numbers but they are there was at least 50 on my last cruise.

There are quite a lot of people on this board making the common mistake of thinking that American cruise lines are the only cruise lines. It isn't so. I will just repeat - P&O, Cruises and Maritime, Saga, Fred Olsen; also Voyages of Discovery, while not child-free, does stress that no children's activities are provided; there will probably be no children, but if there are, they will be children whose parents believe they can enjoy the company of adults.

Fred olsen provide kids club during school holidays and there are enough kids on board it states in on their website, in their brochure and on their facebook. Plus the kids club sat next to me one night during show on last cruise :eek: that said they was very well behaved better behaved than some of the adults. Also all P&O family ships most certainly do have kids clubs. The other ships in the fleet are adults only so no need for a club. Cruise and maritime also only have adult on ships and saga is for those only over 50

Edited by sparkieplug24

But there are guarantees! There are ships where children are not allowed.....even a UK line that doesn't allow anyone under 40 to board.

Sorry Calliope, I should have said that there's never been any guarantees in my experience. I've been unable to find an all-inclusive, child-free, cruise, but have found those on small, luxury vessels to be so the majority of the time, and so far, for me, they have guaranteed that I would not find myself aboard a ship with throngs of "spirited" younguns' galloping about, which is one thing I greatly wish to avoid. <g> Some people wish to avoid smokers; I prefer to avoid immaturity (which I'm sure they'll outgrow, though I'm not sure about the smokers...)

Bechi

Edited by pf778c

Yup! Royal Caribbean does at least one full ship gay nude charter and MSC has at least one full ship swingers charter a year. I'm sure there are many more. Think about that next time you sit on that pool lounger, LOL!

EEEWWWW:eek:

You think it's rude to expect to find a child free cruise? There are plenty of adult only AI's. Is it rude to want to go to one of those? I wonder why there are so many of them? :confused:

Is it rude to not want to have to play frogger with scooters? Disney was overrun with them last Christmas.

If you ever had the opportunity to meet my three grandchildren you would love them as they are the best. :) (4 1/2, 3 1/12 and 19 months)

They will be on their first cruise next year but I won't tell you which cruise.

Howard

Yeah yeah yeah, everyones kids or grandkids are just little angels. We'll hate to break it to you, noone thinks that way about others kids. And grandparents are always super tolerant of their grandkids. Meanwhile others see those little darlings as hideous terrors and pain in the asses.

Sorry but true

I take it that you have not seen or reviewed gary222's posting history.

Your comment literally made me LOL. As someone on the NCL boards I've seen gary222's posting history.

I do think an inexperienced cruiser who doesn't want ANY kids should stick to the luxury lines that have been suggested. While I find it hard to believe, some people I know, cruised and hated it. I would love a longer cruise but I don't think it's best for a first cruise.

I sometimes ask for the "no children section" in a restaurant, but have never really had a problem with children on a cruise. Generally I only see them when I am near the pool, where I don't hang out, or when the kids' crew leads them through an area. I just stay away from the big Red cruise line and don't cruise in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We started cruising when DH was young enough to qualify for kids sail free. Most of our cruises were spring break cruises packed with children. We have been there and understand why some might want a childless cruise.

In June we sailed with DH (now 26) on Cruise and Maritime Voyages Magellan. This was an adults only cruise. I believe several of the other ships in this line are also adult only. Maybe "too" adult. This line appeals to British pensioners because of some of the deals offered in their local newspapers so has an extremely narrow and old demographic. (We are in our late 50s and seemed to be younger than most passengers) It is not a luxury line but we enjoyed it because of the ports offered on the cruise we took.

We also took a 12 day Mediterranean cruise with Celebrity a few years ago in November. I can't say there were no children, but there certainly were not enough to annoy us.

Fred olsen are not child free I have been on three cruises with Fred and all of them had children on board. They are in smaller numbers but they are there was at least 50 on my last cruise.

No, they're not, but Fred does offer certain adult only cruises, as did Thomson at times. :)

There were very few children on our two cruises with Oceania. The first one, we noticed just two kids -- one about 11 years old and another toddler. We only noticed them at the muster drill, and never saw them again. Oceania does not offer any kids programs on board, which I believe discourages families.

Is it rude to not want to have to play frogger with scooters? Disney was overrun with them last Christmas.

I didn't say anything was rude so I don't know why you quoted me.:confused: I was responding to someone who said it was rude to want to go on an adult only cruise. I don't think it's rude to try and avoid any situation that annoys you.:D

I didn't say anything was rude so I don't know why you quoted me.:confused: I was responding to someone who said it was rude to want to go on an adult only cruise. I don't think it's rude to try and avoid any situation that annoys you.:D

I understood and I was trying to expand on your thought. I bet if I started a thread asking for a cruise that didn't allow scooters, the overall reaction would have been much different.

I understood and I was trying to expand on your thought. I bet if I started a thread asking for a cruise that didn't allow scooters, the overall reaction would have been much different.

I don't think so, other than that I don't think anyone sails with an upper limit on the age of passengers.

Hi

I have never been on a cruise before and I am looking at a 10-14 night cruise next September/October 2017. I only have one 'must' and that is NO CHILDREN. Can anyone suggest some crusie's to consider please. I don't mind Europe or Caribbean cruise.

Thanks everyone

Steve :)

I really wish we had adults only cruises, best cruise we ever were on was a adult only 10 day Europe cruise, but any Europe cruise over 10 days when school is in will have very few children. We always avoid summer and holidays for that reason. Many real nice resorts such as Sandals are also great adult only vacations. Sandals would be a good adults only vacation, we have done that several times

I really wish we had adults only cruises, best cruise we ever were on was a adult only 10 day Europe cruise, but any Europe cruise over 10 days when school is in will have very few children. We always avoid summer and holidays for that reason. Many real nice resorts such as Sandals are also great adult only vacations. Sandals would be a good adults only vacation, we have done that several times

We have cruised with CMV London to New Zealand ,their ships are adult ship,s. Really enjoyed it.

I don't think so, other than that I don't think anyone sails with an upper limit on the age of passengers.

Most expedition cruises have maximum ages and some have health restrictions and require passengers to be in good health and completely mobile without assistive devices. Many small ships have no elevators so require passengers to be able to use several flights of stairs, including during the embarkation process.

My wife and I wouldn't dream of taking a cruise without our kids (12, 10, 8). And since we homeschool we purposely cruise when most kids are in public school. However, if you are looking for a cruise with mostly no children, I would recommend a transatlantic cruise in April or October. We took the Celebrity Reflection in 2015 westbound and there were a total of 8 kids on the ship, including ours.

BEWARE - We are booked on the transatlantic NCL Getaway out of Copenhagen in October 2017. There will be at least 3 kids on board!:)

My wife and I wouldn't dream of taking a cruise without our kids (12, 10, 8). And since we homeschool we purposely cruise when most kids are in public school. However, if you are looking for a cruise with mostly no children, I would recommend a transatlantic cruise in April or October. We took the Celebrity Reflection in 2015 westbound and there were a total of 8 kids on the ship, including ours.

BEWARE - We are booked on the transatlantic NCL Getaway out of Copenhagen in October 2017. There will be at least 3 kids on board!:)

Well, if you combine the ten and eight year old, they could be an adult reducing the number to just one.

As one of those dreadful, obnoxious scooter users, due to being disabled from polio 60 years ago, I assure you that I, along with a vast majority of those confined to scooters, would much prefer to be able to walk, but we have no choice. Would you deny disabled persons the right to travel just so you, and those of your ilk, aren't forced to play "frogger"? Just remember this, "there but for the grace of God, go I". But maybe someday you'll be forced to join the frogger brigade, and I wonder if you'll stop traveling?