Port or Starboard cabin

puzzums

For a 10-night Southern Caribbean cruise (British Virgin Islands, St Kitts, Dominica, Antigua, St Maarten) do I want a balcony cabin on the port side or starboard side, or does it matter?

Thanks

It doesn't matter. The view is what it is, some people prefer looking at land when docked others want to see the sea. When sailing south one side of the ship will get most of the sun, when sailing north the other side will get the sun and most of teh time you are so far from land you are only going to see ocean anyway.

The Captain will try and give each side equal time facing shore when possible. You will be in a HARBOR...there are things to see everywhere! Pick the cabin you desire and don't worry anymore! Portside simply means the "left" side of the ship, facing forward.

Edited by cb at sea

The Captain will try and give each side equal time facing shore when possible. You will be in a HARBOR...there are things to see everywhere! Pick the cabin you desire and don't worry anymore! Portside simply means the "left" side of the ship, facing forward.

You "continue" to say this and it just isn't true :eek: The captain and the harbor master's decide how to dock the ship on each arrival into each port based on several things of which has nothing to do with giving both sides equal time facing shore :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For a 10-night Southern Caribbean cruise (British Virgin Islands, St Kitts, Dominica, Antigua, St Maarten) do I want a balcony cabin on the port side or starboard side, or does it matter?

Thanks

Choose your cabin based on location and convenience onboard for you personally...not how the ship "might" be docked....I for some reason tend to go for midship portside with cabins above and below me...and many times on RCI ships that tends to be deck #9 ;)

I've never known this to be the case. Even on my longer cruises, there was no rhyme or reason as to how the ship was docked. As a matter of fact, with 7 ports on one of my cruises, we were only docked with the pier on the starboard side in one port.