Dream Question

cruisingfool44

]

The propulsion problem only affects the longer distance cruise going to Cozumel and the problem cannot be fixed until the next dry dock which will not be for some time.

Ship cannot go faster than about 18 knots right now.

We are on that longer cruise. But from what I have been reading it has not been a problem. And even if grand Cayman and cozumel have a few hours shaved off I will not be unhappy.

He is going the 21st. Same cruise my wife and I are going on.

]

We are on that longer cruise. But from what I have been reading it has not been a problem. And even if grand Cayman and cozumel have a few hours shaved off I will not be unhappy.

He is going the 21st. Same cruise my wife and I are going on.

We were on the Dream in May and lost two hours in GC and Cozumel.

According to ship officers propulsion problem will not be fixed until next drydock which I believe is beginning of 2018.

Still had great time but didnt have enough time in Coz to do AI we wanted to go to.

It appears that the Dream goes into dry dock January 29th 2017. Look on their schedule no cruise for that week and the next and rumors are its that date also. So pretty likely. And yes it seems pretty public now it has propulsion issues but only affects the Grand Cayman / Cozumel portion of those itineraries.

We cruised the end of May, and were told we would loose a hour but we didn't. Cruised again at the end of July, last sea day slowed way down maybe stopped and a little light flickering and were told we wouldn't be back to Nola till 9:00 am. I would not worry and if I had my choice I would sail on her the 8 days in December to instead of the 4 day Triumph. I love the Dream!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Dream yesterday. We didn't have any propulsion problems that I am aware of. We went to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras and were on time to all of them. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Dream yesterday. We didn't have any propulsion problems that I am aware of. We went to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras and were on time to all of them. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The propulsion issue only seems to impact the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel itinerary based on what has been posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the dream and there appeared to be no propulsion issues. We arrived in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on time to the minute. A/C wasn't very intense in our cove balcony. It would be too hot for the comforter and too cold for the sheet. Woke up sweaty often. There were often smells of sewage in the halls on the Main deck. There was a leak in the cieling in the hallway of the Main deck on the last day of the cruise.