Why I love Princess & Hooked 4Ever

RyanMFitz1

I went on my first Princess cruise, February 2015, on the Regal. FELL IN LOVE, head over heels in love. In fact, going back in 2017. Why I love Princess so much is their ships, IMO, hold true to the "cruising" concept while staying modern and with the times.

The more popular cruise lines, keep building these ships, or "floating circuses" and it to me, it's a turn off. To much to see, too much to do just like the "New Las Vegas".

I'm a new princess fan, and considering the trends of other lines, will forever be Princess.

I'm with you.

There are so many choices out there, and I too am not looking to be entertained with the latest and greatest adventure opportunity.

I just hope that Princess doesn't feel the need to try out some of these concepts and ruin the Princess atmosphere that most of us have come to enjoy.

I agree totally. :) I made the mistake of booking the Anthem of the Seas for New England in Sept. What a nightmare trying to get dining reservations. I cruise for relaxation.....not to stand in line to make reservations or on stand-by for shows, etc. :mad:

I went on my first Princess cruise, February 2015, on the Regal. FELL IN LOVE, head over heels in love. In fact, going back in 2017. Why I love Princess so much is their ships, IMO, hold true to the "cruising" concept while staying modern and with the times.

The more popular cruise lines, keep building these ships, or "floating circuses" and it to me, it's a turn off. To much to see, too much to do just like the "New Las Vegas".

I'm a new princess fan, and considering the trends of other lines, will forever be Princess.

If you liked the Regal try one of the as grand class ships, 1000 less passengers and in my opinion a far better ship design

If you liked the Regal try one of the as grand class ships, 1000 less passengers and in my opinion a far better ship design

And if you like the Grand Class ships, I recommend trying the Pacific Princess at least once. We were late to discover her and regret the lost time on that little ship. If money were no object, we'd be Oceania and Azamara cruisers. Since it is, the Pacific Princess is a wonderful substitute.

We haven't sailed the newer Princess ships but are fans of the Grand class ships and also loved Sea Princess (Sun class).

We have absolutely zero desire to cruise on a floating amusement park or shopping mall. We are happy with Princess and sincerely hope they don't change to cater to the rock climbing, water slide, belly flop contest crowd. We would hate to have to change cruise lines as we really do like Princess but, if they went that direction, we would have to either find another line or take other kinds of vacations.

And if you like the Grand Class ships, I recommend trying the Pacific Princess at least once. We were late to discover her and regret the lost time on that little ship. If money were no object, we'd be Oceania and Azamara cruisers. Since it is, the Pacific Princess is a wonderful substitute.

Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel the same way and prefer the Royal-class ships over the various Grand-class ships & Sun-class ship we've sailed. I haven't sailed on the current Pacific Princess but did sail on the original Love Boat & other ships with 600 passengers & I still prefer the Royal-class ships.

That's merely my opinion & there's no one size fits all ship so it's good to have options for each passenger to find their best cruise experience. Apparently cruise lines building floating mega resorts also have loyal passengers who prefer that type of a ship & cruise experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We get the same feeling boarding a Princess ship that we do after being away from our house...."ahhhh, it's good to be home". There is just a feeling of comfort and welcoming that is hard to put into words every time we step foot on Princess. It's been that way since we started sailing with them in 1994 and while many things have changed over the years the one thing that has not changed is that feeling of comfort, warmth, and welcome.

Only 50 or so days until we get to say "ahhhh, it's good to be home" again. :D

We get the same feeling boarding a Princess ship that we do after being away from our house...."ahhhh, it's good to be home". There is just a feeling of comfort and welcoming that is hard to put into words every time we step foot on Princess. It's been that way since we started sailing with them in 1994 and while many things have changed over the years the one thing that has not changed is that feeling of comfort, warmth, and welcome.

Only 50 or so days until we get to say "ahhhh, it's good to be home" again. :D

Your description is exactly how we feel:). Have tried RCCL and Celebrity but Princess is "home" to us. Just cancelled a Celebrity cruise in November and booked for the same sail date on the Regal Princess.

I love the Regal too. I'm going the week after you. It is a big difference from the Carnival ships you've been on. Not to say they aren't good too. The Regal is more elegant in my opinion.

I like the Grand class as others have mentioned. Actually I like all Princess ships. I haven't been on one that I didn't like. :)

getaway101 I know what you mean about the reservation thing. I went with Traditional on the Oasis. I'm not a fan of waiting to dine. Standby for the shows isn't bad. There are many who book and never show up.

My wife and I have never sailed Princess cruises although we have done 5 other cruises. I have done a lot of research on the Princess cruise and the ship we will be sailing in December "Ruby". I love what I see so far so I hope the staff on the Ruby in December help give us the "WoW" factor.

Ruby is a fine ship, Alaska Joe, and I am sure you will enjoy your cruise. However, having sailed on most of the ships in the fleet, and some several times, my present day favorite is Regal. If you want the "wow" factor without the circus type bells and whistles of Royal Caribbean, I would suggest you try Regal for the next cruise after your cruise on Ruby.

Edited by San Diego Ellie

We are going on Regal in Dec and really looking forward to it. But have done many, many Royal cruises and love them also. Same with Celebrity-Silhouette was absolutely amazing.

We are moving more towards Celebrity/Princess for our 7 night cruises and Royal for our short cruises since Celebrity and Princess just don't offer them

But as far as ships go, we love Oasis/Allure and the bigger ships. For us it is more the deals we can get on Celebrity and Princess that is making the decision to do more of the longer cruises on those lines.

I've only sailed with Princess and so far I'm happy with them. I don't want or need rock climbing, wave riders, zip lining or a central park with shops/burger places for a fee. I love the Regal and can't wait to be back on her in a few weeks :)

I've only sailed with Princess and so far I'm happy with them. I don't want or need rock climbing, wave riders, zip lining or a central park with shops/burger places for a fee. I love the Regal and can't wait to be back on her in a few weeks :)

We loved central park but to each is own, we were on Oasis we loved it.

We've sailed on all the current Princess ships except the Diamond and the New Royal, including the Dawn & Sun and Sea Princesses as well as the dearly departed original Royal and the recently departed Ocean/Tahitian, many of the current Grand Class and the Grand Class-Plus big sisters many times, and for us the original Grand Class ships and the Island class remain our favorites..

While tastes are subjective, we were underwhelmed by the New Regal the most un-Princess ship we ever sailed, and feel the Pacific is in dire need of refurbishment to bring it up to the condition of the Ocean when it left the fleet last year.

OP + 1

YMMV

Srpilo

My wife and I have never sailed Princess cruises although we have done 5 other cruises. I have done a lot of research on the Princess cruise and the ship we will be sailing in December "Ruby". I love what I see so far so I hope the staff on the Ruby in December help give us the "WoW" factor.

Ruby is an amazing ship and am sure you will not be disappointed - I also agree with the OP that Regal and Royal Princess are fabulous ships too - we are on their sister ship next year when she comes into sea for her Maiden voyages and are soon excited to be onboard:) ENJOY your Cruise

We just returned from a Med cruise on Carnival's newest ship ( we had to due to itinerary and timing) We thought how bad could it be? Well; thank goodness it was a 10 day cruise with 9 ports so we were not onboard much. We found ourselves commenting daily how much we miss Princess!

We took our first cruise 20 years ago on Princess. Since it was our first cruise, everything was new and wonderful. The best word I could use to describe the experience was "classy". We still feel that way. We tried Royal Caribbean once, and it just wasn't a good fit. We look forward to each and every cruise that we take, and Princess just seems to make us happy.

Personally I think Princess are heading too far towards the mega mall as well.

Personally I think Princess are heading too far towards the mega mall as well.

After 3 cruises on the Royal & Regal, when walking into the Crown's atrium we looked at each other and said "it's so small". ;)

For the most part I thought they did a good job enhancing their previous ship designs but obviously you & others feel differently...both are valid opinions. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

After 3 cruises on the Royal & Regal, when walking into the Crown's atrium we looked at each other and said "it's so small". ;)

For the most part I thought they did a good job enhancing their previous ship designs but obviously you & others feel differently...both are valid opinions. :)

No arguments from me, but I fear that Princess are heading towards all mega and not providing for those who like a smaller ship.

I love Princess but the big ships just don't work in many locations.