Solo on Seranade of the seas

Serenade does have some solo staterooms. Royal calls them "studio". Check out other staterooms too, because the studios may or may not be less expensive than others.

With regard to social activities, I suggest that once you have selected a sailing, visit the Roll Call for that sailing. You might connect with folks there.

Also visit the Community Bulletin Board near Guest Services once you are onboard. I've seen singles activities listed there from time to time.

Edited by clarea

Sailed solo on the Serenade in April of this year.

I definitely recommend participating in you roll call. Several people on our roll call were staying at the Embassy Suites the night before. We met for a drink and had a nice evening. Stayed friends through out the cruise.

On board there were not many "single events" - a couple of lunches posted in the compass, but only 2-3 people showed up.

Trivia included singles - some people not traveling solo, but participated in trivia without their companion.

Ship did post events daily that you could participate in - I like to knit - they had a morning get together for anyone interested in crafts.

I had a large table in the main dining room, traditional second seating, and had a great group of new friends for dinner.

I am diamond plus on RC and having use of the concierge lounge and diamond lounge was a definite plus.

Travel solo regularly and the Radiance Class Ships , which includes the Serenade , are my favorites.

The Solo Cabins on the Serenade are inside only. It also needs to be noted that more often than not booking a standard cabin with the single supplement is cheaper. So compare both costs before booking.