Boston to NY Bus?

9kst

We are booked for the Christmas cruise on the Breakaway. We used to take Entertainment Tours bus to the Pier. They were bought out by Academy which no longer provides the service. NCL had no alternative.

Is there another bus company offering this service?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I don't believe there is currently any NCL sponsored option, and I have to say we used the Academy bus last year, while the trip to NY was fine, the trip home was not as good. The bus did not arrive until almost 2:00pm to pick us up due to mechanical issues and driver confusion in the city. We didn't arrive back in Worcester until almost 8:00pm.

For the cost of the bus tickets for 2 people ($200.00) and parking in Worcester for the week ($120.00) I am going to drive this year and park at the pier, the cost difference will be negligible.

Not sure when you are cruising, we are sailing in November and I'm happy to let you know how driving to the port and parking at the pier works out when we return.

Take Care!

Not sure about Boston bus availabilities...but if you could leave from Albany Yankee Trails has a bus service for the various cruises (Including Breakaway) Called "Cruise Express" Drops you off right at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

FWIW, we are driving from the Berkshires to NYC the night before and staying at a hotel that has a shuttle to the port and we can park our car there for the week for just short of $300. To park at the port would be $280.

I don't believe there is currently any NCL sponsored option, and I have to say we used the Academy bus last year, while the trip to NY was fine, the trip home was not as good. The bus did not arrive until almost 2:00pm to pick us up due to mechanical issues and driver confusion in the city. We didn't arrive back in Worcester until almost 8:00pm.

For the cost of the bus tickets for 2 people ($200.00) and parking in Worcester for the week ($120.00) I am going to drive this year and park at the pier, the cost difference will be negligible.

Not sure when you are cruising, we are sailing in November and I'm happy to let you know how driving to the port and parking at the pier works out when we return.

Take Care!

Sounds like the bus ride my daughter and her friend took May, 2015, the ride there was great, coming back was horrible, they didn't get back to Braintree until 9 pm. They both said never again!!

We are booked for the Christmas cruise on the Breakaway. We used to take Entertainment Tours bus to the Pier. They were bought out by Academy which no longer provides the service. NCL had no alternative.

Is there another bus company offering this service?

Try Peter Pan bus. They do Boston to New York. I believe the go right to the port, but I could be wrong.

One son lives in Brooklyn, one son in Boston, we're in Portland, so the NYC branch takes the bus to Boston, then both drive to Portland for holidays, etc. They mainly use Bolt, but Bolt, Go, and Grayhound all run from South Station to the vicinity of the Port Authority, so pick your favorite. $13 cab fare from there to pier.

Try Peter Pan bus. They do Boston to New York. I believe the go right to the port, but I could be wrong.

Nope, Peter Pan runs out of Port Authority 8th Ave at 42nd St. Location wise it is not too far from the cruise terminal.

To OP, might I kindly suggest coming/going over to the N.A. Homeport - East Coast Departure forum for some expertise, help & advice - I don't stay "current" on the New England - NYC routing options.

Since s/he mentioned traveling & cruising around Christmas time down via NYC, will this be arriving a day earlier (pre-cruise) since we all know how unpredictable winter weather & travel can be like, could be nice & cool, sunny & 45 degree F or with the major winter storm/blizzard watches & warnings in effect - requiring a high profile 4WD transport like a Hummer :D :eek: to go over the snow banks coming down via CT.

Personally, I am not sure going westward via Albany is going to be a smart move - we drive to/from the outskirt of Boston - Brookline where maternal grandfather is resting permanently to pay our respect, and the drive can be as little as 3 hours under ideal road/weather conditions via the Mass Tpke from NYC.

Fung Wah - one of the many Chinatown bus operators - was once famous for its cheap & never on-time inter-city travel but gone. Lucky Star - took over the Canal Street prime bus depot slot on the street in Manhattan, and, is still running - one of the nieces used to take it as it was cheap while pursuing her doctoral at Harvard, just don't count on any sort of reliable schedule and/or on-time schedule ... sometimes, it actually do. I would NOT recommend considering them at all. I read about another luxury "business" class level of motor coach transportation from NH, MA and nearby pickup points recently - have no idea of how good they are & their pricing, and reliability - here's the link (schedule is really too "tight" for my comfort on same day/early dawn travel to do a cruise with, YMMV)

- http://www.ridecj.com/locations/new-york/new-york-city

Let some of the Beantown experts do their advice for a 3rd opinion, complimentary & for your convenience (LOL, couldn't resist using the punch line)

We are on the NH MA boarder. We may take the GO bus from Newton MA. Dec 18 is our departure date.

Taking GO sounds like a good idea, and the price is pretty much unbeatable. Their parking is really affordable too, but I would not want to leave my vehicle at MBTA Riverside for a week or two.

You can board the bus (many different companies) at South Station in Boston and the various companies goes to New York to either the Port Authority on 42 St at 8 Ave or to a drop off point near NY Penn Station on 34 Street and 8th Ave both are close to where NCL parks at the Manhattan Cruises Terminal. It would be a short taxi ride or if you are a walker with just one roller suitcase... a 20 min walk from the Port Authority and a 35 minute walk from Penn Station. Buy your bus ticket online since it is much cheaper than buying it at the bus terminal. The cruise out of the Manhattan cruise Terminal is spectacular..enjoy. The bus trip is about 4 hours from Boston to New York

We have taken Bolt Bus from Bos to NYC and luggage was an issue. They are very strict on one item per person and there was barely enough room for that. Many of the bus websites tell you to bus an extra seat if you need more luggage but a gentleman on our bus did that and the driver refused to put the extra bag on.

We have also done Amtrak from Bos to NYC and enjoyed that much more- quick, easy and painless plus it's a short taxi ride to the port!

Good morning everyone... Getting excited and getting close .... 121 to go but who's counting [emoji38]

We are currently a party of 5 going from Southeastern New Hampshire ... Getting pricing for a private van that would be willing to pick up and drop off along the way to and from the pier. Is there anyone else on here that is interested ? I know that I do not want to have to worry about driving and parking in NY

Let me know if you are interested ... Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Good morning everyone... Getting excited and getting close .... 121 to go but who's counting [emoji38]

We are currently a party of 5 going from Southeastern New Hampshire ... Getting pricing for a private van that would be willing to pick up and drop off along the way to and from the pier. Is there anyone else on here that is interested ? I know that I do not want to have to worry about driving and parking in NY

Let me know if you are interested ... Thanks in advance

If you are nervous about just driving and parking in NYC, don't be. It's really a fairly easy trip in, and parking is very easy.