Any single malts available with UBP?

Lupush

Are there any single malt scotches that are under $15 and available with the UBP on Escape? I see on the drink list that Glenlivet, Macallan, Glenmorangie, etc. are all $16.95 and up. When I was on Getaway in 2014 I remember some of the bars having single malts that weren't on the drink list such as Ardbeg 10, Laphroig, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Lupush

I would be shocked...in 2014, far more of the premium brands were under $15. Now its your basic well stuff. Prices have sky rocketed because they are still trying to get drink money out of those with the UBP.

A menu I saw the only scotches/wiskeys under 15 were blends...Single Malts aren't really a mixed liquor so I don't really see them stocking much cheaper alternatives considering they will try to get that extra $2 out of those who prefer finer beverages.

Over the past year, they have significantly reduced the amount of premium items under !5.00

For example, in December 2015 Don Julio 1942 was $11.50 and fully covered. Now they don't even carry it at all... The Patron Silver, Reposado, and Anejo were all included, but now Silver is $16.95 and the others, who knows...

My last cruise a couple of months ago, Don Julio Reposado was $10.50, now considered "ultra premium" which means more than $16.95

According to Gambee's review and bar menu pics from earlier this year on the Escape; Glenfiddich shows as $10.95.

That might be the only single malt available under the UBP, but that could have changed.

I just about only drink scotch these days, and enjoy JWB or even Dewars when I mix with water or soda.

Glenfiddich is nice, but my favorite is MacAllan:cool:. I hope it's not too highly priced.

I just about only drink scotch these days, and enjoy JWB or even Dewars when I mix with water or soda.

Sorry to rain on your parade!! A wee dram may have a little water added but soda!!! :mad: At least you didn't mention Johnny Walker Red Label

Glenfiddich is nice, but my favorite is MacAllan:cool:. I hope it's not too highly priced.

Funny spelling in that it is Macallan or MACALLAN. One of the few places that Mc or Mac is not followed by a capital. Even more commonly referred to as The Macallan.

I do agree that it is an excellent single malt range.