Bringing Sodas on Carnival Dream

trj1020

I plan to just put some soda into a rolling carry on. We always brought one with water, this time I'll order water and bring soda for the kids since they are coming. They can use the soda to make floats with the soft serve ice cream. There is no way I'm buying bottomless bubbles since everyone in the room would have to buy it and I'm not paying over $100 for soda when I don't even drink soda. I'll grab a couple of twelve packs for $5 and they can spend that money on something else.

I plan to just put some soda into a rolling carry on. We always brought one with water, this time I'll order water and bring soda for the kids since they are coming. They can use the soda to make floats with the soft serve ice cream. There is no way I'm buying bottomless bubbles since everyone in the room would have to buy it and I'm not paying over $100 for soda when I don't even drink soda. I'll grab a couple of twelve packs for $5 and they can spend that money on something else.

not true.

it can be purchased for only one person if you want

We brought two 12pks on with us in April and it was so easy. We got a small suitcase with wheels and two fit perfect in there, we just told them at security what it was and they checked the cans...did not open the package though... and we were on our way. We saved a TON, and the fridge kept them really cold. What we had left over we told the room Steward he could have.

thanks for the port idea.....makes hubby calmer!!:p

Just keep in mind that your favorite brand may taste a bit different in other regions. Different markets may use different types of sweeteners. I have been unpleasantly surprised at the taste of my diet coke. :(

Bottomless bubbles can be purchased individually.

I see it can be purchased separate, thought it was like the cheers. Thanks

I'd still have to get it for 2 kids and that's almost $70, no way my kids would drink $70 in soda in 5 days. They just aren't big soda drinkers. So we'll spend $5 and take some crème soda on for floats since that is what they want to make floats out of.

Edited by poobears

Oops I was looking at adult prices because I have an adult son coming too.

The break even is 2 at Carnival prices, I'm not figuring carnival prices per drink. I'm comparing totals paid just based on the girls it's still over $50 vs $5. It's a no brainer for me. I guess if you are addicted to soda and drink it all day it's a great deal but we aren't.

Now if carnival would do a plan with shakes, water, hot chocolate etc without the drinks to keep prices reasonable, that I would consider buying for everyone.

I believe the Dream is sailing out of NOLA. If that's the case they do have a person at a table right after you go through security before you get to the check in area, that person checks your cans and yes opens up the case. They tape it back up for you.

I did bottomless bubbles once on a cruise and even though I was ordering stuff that required them opening a new can (coke zero, sprite zero, orange soda) the drinks always tasted flat. This past cruise on the Triumph, I didn't carry soda on and didn't do bottomless bubbles but one day I ordered a diet coke at the bar while waiting for Trivia to start. He opened a fresh can and it tasted flat.

That's weird that the soda tasted flat, wonder why? We are on the Triumph out of NOLA. If they didn't want to make shakes I wouldn't even bother taking any on. With the lemonade and hot chocolate, water, milk and juice in the morning there is plenty of free stuff to drink. They can always eat in the MDR if they want soda but I don't usually even go in there anymore.

Edited by poobears

We are going on a 7 day Carnival Dream cruise in 2017. I know we are allowed up to 1 - 12 pack of soft drinks per person, my question is do we put them in with our checked luggage or do we have to physically carry them aboard ship? You may have guessed, we are rookie cruisers but so excited, I just want to make sure we get our soft drinks to the cabin.

Buy it on the ship.

That's weird that the soda tasted flat, wonder why? We are on the Triumph out of NOLA. If they didn't want to make shakes I wouldn't even bother taking any on. With the lemonade and hot chocolate, water, milk and juice in the morning there is plenty of free stuff to drink. They can always eat in the MDR if they want soda but I don't usually even go in there anymore.

Is soda free in the MDR?

We brought two 12pks on with us in April and it was so easy. We got a small suitcase with wheels and two fit perfect in there, we just told them at security what it was and they checked the cans...did not open the package though... and we were on our way. We saved a TON, and the fridge kept them really cold. What we had left over we told the room Steward he could have.

Nice gesture. Those "small" things are well appreciated since they also buy it on the ship.

Because they take a warm can of soda and dump it as fast as they can into a cup of ice.

I guess I don't know the physics of soda lol We are in a Jr suite so we'll have a fridge to put it and the water we buy in to keep it cold.

If someone absolutely doesn't want to carry it on but doesn't want to buy the soda card because you want sealed cans you can buy 6 packs of cans for $10 from the fun shop online. They have coke, sprite zero, root beer etc.

Edited by poobears