“Live” – Alaska – Radiance of the Seas August 19, 2016 – Indecision Cruise

Just a quick note of thanks for sharing your Alaskan Cruise w/ us. This time next year we will be on Celebrity's Millennium w/ this same itenary, so we learned quite a bit. Like you, I'm hesistant about an Alaskan Cruise but the wife really wants to do one and she deserves everything that I can give her. So Alaska here we come! Your pictures were amazing and thanks again for allowing us to tag along through the power of the web.

Enjoy any & all of your future cruises!

Thanks for letting us tag along on your cruise. We did the same cruise on the Radiance in June (6/24-71). Had a great time but no we would not go again. We booked all our own land tours. Rented a car which we picked up in Fairbanks Airport and drove to Denali and then onto Anchorage.

I was a little disappointed with the menus in the MDR on several evenings. This was never a issue on any of our other cruises.

Looking forward to tagging along on your next cruise.

The luggage is in the hallway so I guess this cruise is just about over. We will be grabbing a car at the Alamo desk and driving home. Takes about three hours.

Hopefully tomorrow I can close this out. I have the Cruise Compasses and will scan them if there is interest. Thank you to all of you that followed along.

Thanks for taking the time Bill. I'd buy you a beer, but you changed your May 2017 cruise! ;)

Hi Bill, how was Murphy's Alaskan Inn in Seward?

We did not think too much of it. The room had an antiseptic smell that was off, like it was covering something worse. The floors squeaked, the walls were paper thin so you heard everything in the other rooms and the heater made a horrendous noise if you tried to turn it on. Not a place I would recommend, especially since we paid $352.98 for the two nights. :eek:

We did not think too much of it. The room had an antiseptic smell that was off, like it was covering something worse. The floors squeaked, the walls were paper thin so you heard everything in the other rooms and the heater made a horrendous noise if you tried to turn it on. Not a place I would recommend, especially since we paid $352.98 for the two nights. :eek:

Thanks for the advice! I will avoid :)

• 7 months later...

Wow what a review!! Pictures are beautiful

Since you are from Seattle can you recommend a reasonably priced hotel. Our cruise is June 9, 2018.

Not sure if it is better to just stay downtown for 1 night or stay at the airport, If we stay by the airport and want to visit downtown, would tge cost of taxi/Uber be pricey??

Thanks

Wow what a review!! Pictures are beautiful

Since you are from Seattle can you recommend a reasonably priced hotel. Our cruise is June 9, 2018.

Not sure if it is better to just stay downtown for 1 night or stay at the airport, If we stay by the airport and want to visit downtown, would tge cost of taxi/Uber be pricey??

Thanks

Wish i could help but we never stay in hotels in the area so are not familiar with prices. You are correct that most everything downtown is very pricey.

Have you considered staying in a less expensive hotel by the airport and then use the Light Rail to visit downtown? It would save you the cost of Uber and of course the hotel cost. Then for the morning of your cruise I understand there are reasonable priced transfers. Sorry I am not much help.

Great review, thanks for sharing, being a farm boy from Iowa I am looking forward to my first Alaskan adventure, we go in June and hoping for good weather but well deal with what we get, at least now we have some pointer on places to eat, many Thanks.