“Live” – Alaska – Radiance of the Seas August 19, 2016 – Indecision Cruise

If you have time, stop by the Office Bar In Hoonah for some fresh Dungeness crab.

The owners hubby was cooking them fresh to order outside the bar. Got to love a menu that consists of only chowder and crab!!! Great views, too.

Always enjoy your reviews. You and Marie are the reason why we have booked a Hawaii cruise. Thank you!!!

PS agree, this will be the start of more cruises to Alaska.

This is bringing back great memories. We did this cruise just about a year ago. We took a tour with Kenai Fjords but it was the National Park tour that actually went outside Resurrection Bay. It was one of the best tours we did. Oh who am I kidding -they were all fabulous!

Enjoy the trip. I hope it is as wonderful for you as ours was for us.

We're booked for an Alaskan cruise next summer and have been looking at the hefty excursion prices. I learn so much from these posts and enjoy reading about reviews and other alternatives for port tours. Thanks for your ideas!

Looking forward to the rest of your trip!

I can't believe you live in Seattle and this is your first trip to Alaska. I hope it's the beginning of many more. It's been over 10 years since our cruise/land tour. We definitely want to go back, but we still have to finish the Caribbean (and new ships!) and Bermuda!

Someday... Safe travels

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. Much appreciated. :)

If you have time, stop by the Office Bar In Hoonah for some fresh Dungeness crab.

The owners hubby was cooking them fresh to order outside the bar. Got to love a menu that consists of only chowder and crab!!! Great views, too.

Always enjoy your reviews. You and Marie are the reason why we have booked a Hawaii cruise. Thank you!!!

PS agree, this will be the start of more cruises to Alaska.

Actually our tour is in the morning and we had planned to wander into town to check out the crabs (and beer) at The Office. :)

First Thank You for your service! It's very good to see this discount for you and glad you were in a position to take full advantage of it. We're on this same itinerary but on the Millennium almost one year to the day. Looking forward to reading & learning. Thanks for taking us along! Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Our accommodations for our two nights in Seward are at the Murphy’s Alaska Inn (it says ‘motel’ in the building but I like the sound of ‘Inn’ better :D). It has reasonable reviews, is centrally located and reasonably priced. Or I should say reasonably priced for summer in Seward. $159 a night for a motel is a bit steep but it will do. I didn’t spend a lot of time looking for a place to stay and this fit the bill.

That's cheap for that place:eek:

Following! Looks like this will be a wonderful blog.

Did the same itinerary and ship a few years ago. Was one of the top three memorable cruises.

You'll love Harv & Marv. One of the best excursions ever!

Bon voyage!

This is gonna be a nice Alaska Cruise blog. We only have one excursion booked for our next August Alaskan Cruise and it's w/ our small group of 6 w/ Harv & Marv. :) Looking forward to seeing some more ideas.

I'm booked on that cruise too. Guessing with the same TA since I was on the Indy last year too :)

Edited by iluvcruzin