Quetion regarding amount of liquid can be brought in...

MadMonk80

I tried to search this topic in forums without luck so here is my question..

Is there a specific amount of liquid per bottle you can bring into the ship? e.g. airlines limit less than 3 oz bottles to be carried in or more than 3 oz bottles can be checked in.

I have medicines such as cough drops, pepto bismol etc. that are over 3 oz.

Also hair gels etc. that are over 3 oz.

Can I still bring them in a checked luggage?

I had no issues when I did this the last time I cruised with another line, but I just wanted to hear from you all as to how strict Carnival is when it comes to small bottles of liquid to be brought in to their ships. :rolleyes:

The only thing Carnival limits is the size of the soft drinks and the wine. Your meds and cosmetics are fine in their regular sized bottles.

Soft drinks and wine must be carried on. Other items may be in check luggage.

I will suggest that you pack well as luggage handles in most ports make airline handles look tame. AND that any prescription meds be carried on in case of lost luggage.

Have you looked at what Carnival has to say about what you can carry on and/or pack? They have an extensive list of FAQ on their website. Sometimes, it's a lot easier to find info there than to search here and post/wait for responses (which may be contradictory).

As far as I know, there are no restrictions to "liquids" in the same respect as when you're flying. Except for carry-on beverages, which has been pointed out (and which also is covered on Carnival's website).

So, if you're flying to port, you're already under restrictions. If you're driving, you can bring a gigantic bottle of shampoo for a 3 night cruise if you choose to haul that with you. ;)

Is there a specific amount of liquid per bottle you can bring into the ship? e.g. airlines limit less than 3 oz bottles to be carried in or more than 3 oz bottles can be checked in.

TSA prevents you from traveling with more than 3oz on an airline. Think of an airline as a transportation vehicle. Think of a cruise ship, is a hotel that is loaded with liquids of all kinds. It would serve no purpose to limit liquids.

TSA allows you to bring liquids over 3 oz in checked luggage.

I had no issues when I did this the last time I cruised with another line, but I just wanted to hear from you all as to how strict Carnival is when it comes to small bottles of liquid to be brought in to their ships. :rolleyes:

If your question is exactly as you asked, than you have no problems.

Drinks can only be in cans and cartons, wine can be no larger than 750ml (bottle ok). Though I've never read about a one liter wine box not being allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How strict they are depends on the type of liquid. According to Carnival ( https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2261 ):

* All quantities of non-drinkable liquids are acceptable in any packaging, carried on or in checked baggage

* NO beer or hard liquor is acceptable to bring onboard

* A bottle of wine no larger than 750 ml is acceptable

* Soft drinks are allowed in containers THAT ARE NOT BOTTLES (e.g. cans or cartons) of 12 ounces or less, and no more than 12 of these

* Lighter fluid is a no go, but your probably knew that

Your mileage may vary.

Something to consider....

Just because you can bring your 4oz of hair gel doesn't mean you have to. Either buy travel sizes or decant into smaller containers. For me, I know one side of a contact lens case holds enough hair gel for 10 days.

Edited by SadieN