Itinerary Change Notification?

Now that we are getting into the middle of hurricane season, I was wondering if RCCl would send out a notification before embarkation if they had even the slightest intention to change the itinerary of a cruise due to weather issues. It would be nice to know before you get on the ship if you were heading to say Bermuda as planned or to Canada. I sure would want to know If I should pack a sweatshirt and leave my Bermuda shorts home.

They would never send you to Canada if you are supposed to go to the Caribbean.

In extreme circumstances they may have to swap the Eastern route for the Western, but it would all be warm weather ports.

And most changes are made last minute depending on which way the hurricane decided to move.

Have a great cruise!

In extreme circumstances they may have to swap the Eastern route for the Western, but it would all be warm weather ports.

And most changes are made last minute depending on which way the hurricane decided to move.

Have a great cruise!

Never say never. I'm pretty sure a Bermuda cruise was diverted to New England/Canada within the last couple of years. :eek:

Have a great cruise!

Nope. Sometimes a decision is not made until you are already there( esp with tender ports). They would never radically change an itinerary that much anyway. They'd skip a port or substitute a nearby one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with the "never say never" or "they would never radically change an itinerary". It's happened. In 2012 West Coast cruises that were supposed to go to Mexico went north...due to Swine Flu. The cruise line will do whatever they have to do and you might not know anything in advance.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Nope. Sometimes a decision is not made until you are already there( esp with tender ports). They would never radically change an itinerary that much anyway. They'd skip a port or substitute a nearby one.

Not true at all. What port is nearby Bermuda to substitute? They have sent a ship to Canada instead of Bermuda because of a storm.

Never say never. I'm pretty sure a Bermuda cruise was diverted to New England/Canada within the last couple of years. :eek:

Yup, that is what I am preparing for now with our September 3rd Anthem cruise. It is a 5 night to Bermuda and there are a lot of storms in the works. The first two out there don't look to be an issue, it is the third one that they are now giving 100% chance of forming either today or tomorrow that I am worried about. I don't mind going to Canada but I don't want to go to Boston since I live right outside the city.

We're on Liberty two weeks ago and we were rerouted due to Hurricane Earl.

Instead of going to Belize and Roatan, we went to the Bahamas. Later that week at the Captain's question and answer, someone asked how they made their decision. He explained that they look at similar ports, time and distance, port capacity and of course corporate approval.

In our case it was going to be Cozumel, Roatan, Belize but it ended up being Cozumel and the Bahamas. We did not get the official itinerary change until our first sea day. The captain had told us about a storm brewing and that an itinerary change may be required but the official word came during our first sea day.

We did get a $10.85 per person refund for the missed port.

Had ports dropped, itinerary changed etc. no notification. Just watch their web site.....or you find out when on board.

If you see Sold Out for the whole cruise for awhile, that can sometimes be a worry too......like the N/A on their old web site. Meant a possible cancelation. Then you will get a phone call, after some time.......

I was on Oasis last year and I got a text and an email the night before boarding stating that we were changing from and Eastern to a Western I would not expect it much earlier.

Explorer and Liberty have both switched from Bermuda to Canada if Bermuda or the waters around it are threatened.

I was on Explorer in 2014 and our 2 days in Bermuda became one day to out run a storm.

Edited by kkfw1994

Now that we are getting into the middle of hurricane season, I was wondering if RCCl would send out a notification before embarkation if they had even the slightest intention to change the itinerary of a cruise due to weather issues. It would be nice to know before you get on the ship if you were heading to say Bermuda as planned or to Canada. I sure would want to know If I should pack a sweatshirt and leave my Bermuda shorts home.

I'm thinking that they are by the minute decisions, as the storms may be erratic.. Sorry

Last year we were on an Eastern out of Ft. Lauderdale around this time of year. Storms were brewing and we did get an email the day before that we would most likely be going western. By the time we boarded the next day they had made the decision to stick with Eastern. Was surprised that we got an email at all but we appreciated it.

We had done a Mexican cruise out of San Diego one year and we were diverted to avoid a storm. This was in 2009 on the Mariner. Instead of having a port day, we stayed on the ship and docked 2 days later. We still had our excursions too.:cool:

Edited by Surfguyxxx

Bermuda cruises have been rerouted to Canada and the Bahamas. Those are the nearest alternate ports. Which of those reroutes depends on which way the hurricane is tracking. They won't send out an advance notification because it will be a last minute decision which way to go based on the latest tracks.

Edited by Charles4515

Nope, the posters here were faster than Royal's email.

Last year on Adventure, we were supposed to be going to St Kitts and Barbados and a few others I can't remember, but we found out once on board that we would be doing Aruba, Bonnaire and Curacao....was a wonderful cruise and everyone cheered when the announcement was made

Last year for sure - I know someone who was on it!

We were notified the night before that we were going to Saint John New Brunswick, Canada, instead of going to Bermuda, this was the 10-3-15 sailing on Liberty of the Seas. And it was hurricane Joaquin. We are also on the 9-3-16 Anthem sailing to Bermuda.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

We were notified the night before that we were going to Saint John New Brunswick, Canada, instead of going to Bermuda, this was the 10-3-15 sailing on Liberty of the Seas. And it was hurricane Joaquin. We are also on the 9-3-16 Anthem sailing to Bermuda.

I hope if we do end up going to Canada, we go to Halifax instead of Saint John. Time will tell...:)

You're correct :)