Island Princess suite vibration issues?

GTck88

Hi all, I'm going on my first cruise with my parents next week to Alaska on the Island Princess, it's their first time as well. I have my own room on Emerald deck and my parents got one of the new aft suites, specifically L721. We've been reading a lot of reviews for pre-cruise prep and apparently my parents have read some really, really bad reviews regarding the vibration in the new aft suites, especially in their room. Apparently someone went so far as to deem the room uninhabitable. Anyone have any experience with this, or can you clarify how bad it will really be for them? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I'm going on my first cruise with my parents next week to Alaska on the Island Princess, it's their first time as well. I have my own room on Emerald deck and my parents got one of the new aft suites, specifically L721. We've been reading a lot of reviews for pre-cruise prep and apparently my parents have read some really, really bad reviews regarding the vibration in the new aft suites, especially in their room. Apparently someone went so far as to deem the room uninhabitable. Anyone have any experience with this, or can you clarify how bad it will really be for them? Thanks in advance!

We haven't been on Island yet but have been in aft facing suites on other ships. There will always be some movement, vibrations, and noise when underway. It's nothing major, I find it soothing and sleep like a baby.

We haven't been on Island yet but have been in aft facing suites on other ships. There will always be some movement, vibrations, and noise when underway. It's nothing major, I find it soothing and sleep like a baby.

The Island had 150 plus new cabins added last year with major structural modifications made.

Specifically many aft facing cabins added where there were none before.

This added a huge amount of stress to a ship/bearings/prop shafts not designed for the added weight/structure.

We sailed in L726 which is a dead center aft facing suite.

In this cabin yes there was more vibration then normal but nothing that would cause us to not book this cabin again.

I believe that in the reviews that referenced the excessive vibration on other aft deck cabins that actually were pretty bad and verified by more then one person.

I remember sailing on the Norway both before and after an entire upper deck or 2 were added to the ship. Believe me I felt the reason that deck should have never been added to that ship. :(