Cruise Critic Community

We are cruising on AMA in 2017 and were interested in transfers, separate from Pre and Post Land Tours.

We called AMA directly and spoke to one of their reps regarding purchasing transfers directly from them – without the corresponding Pre or Post Land Tours. We had read on other boards that this is possible.

We were told that:

1. We cannot purchase/join a transfer departing from their Pre-cruise Land hotel and going to the ship, and

2. They have transfers that depart direct from the city airport, but the only way you can purchase/join that transfer is if you fly in to the airport that day.

Therefore if you are in the same city pre-cruise, you cannot purchase a transfer and get on at the hotel, nor could you take a taxi to the airport and get on the transfer there.

Not sure why they would reject potential transfers from passengers, or perhaps the agent we spoke to was incorrect?

Thanks for any input.

Hi Mark,

I apologize for any frustration you may have experienced when calling to inquire about our transfer services. There may have been a slight miscommunication in what you were told so I hope I can help clarify.

AmaWaterways "long-haul” transfers can be purchased separately from our land extensions and will transfer guests from our pre-cruise land package hotel to the ship on embarkation day and conversely, from ship to the hotel we’re using for post-cruise land package on disembarkation day. This means that guests booking accommodations independently can meet in the lobby of the hotel at the specific pre-arranged time to catch the transfer to the ship.

To utilize our AmaWaterways airport transfers, we do require guests to be flying into/out of the airport on standard start/end itinerary package date.

I hope this helps and if you would like to provide your details to res@amawaterways.com, and reference this conversation, one of our reservation agents can call you to discuss your transfer options for your cruise.

We can't wait to welcome you onboard next year!

-Kristin

Kristin:

Thank you for taking the time to post to this board and clarify the transfer options with AMA. Your response makes sense to me, and is consistent with what other past AMA guests have posted.

Once we determine what we are doing Pre and Post cruise (with AMA, or independent), we will be able to arrange transfers.

Again, your prompt, and clear reply is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark